View Thread : IM DRUNK

-_____-
yeah...so anyway, im drunk right now. I can still type fairly well for som reason...hehe. So...how many of you drink? Are you drinking legally? cause im not :eek: oops. I happened to stumble upon a bottle of canadian whisky hehehe. i hate whisky, it tastes like shit. after 6 shots...it tastes like...worse than the most disgsusting thing you could ever think of. blech. i dont even drink much, it sucks, it takes a lot to get me drunk cause im really tall. bah. for those of you who dont liike to get drunk, uh...good for you, its not good to be addicted :D I would stop...but im addicted. it must be the irish in me haha. i have red hair. *random* Cant stop addicted to the shindig. So...theres this really really really hot girl i went to the movies with...she looks 18 or 19..but shes only 15 roflmao. i cannot believe it. if i had a picture, id show you right now, shes really really really really hot. and like..tall. yeah. remind me when im sober, and sometime when i see her ill take a picture of me with her. its true, she the hottest person in my town...well, IMO of course. my town is small. getting bigger. i cant blieve i just type d that much. its amazing. yeah, my college made all the freshman write 2 papers BEFORE the term starts!!! incredible. i have to do them still. its really stpid. the book was good though! it was "The Color of Water" by James McBride. Quite entertaining. tomorrow i gotta do that. what else can i ramble on about for no reason...um....wtf am i doing on this site while drunk???? omg!!! how stupid is that hahaha, im gonna laugh tomorrow. i cant wait :D. Um. Ill leave you with a quote.

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law." -- David Dinkins, mayor of New York City

Darunia
I got drunk a few times this summer, but I found better things to do with it than coming HERE! Like this really cute chick...I...

(censored).

...and that's why cats and dogs hate eachother.

-_____-
God dammit, my mom made me get up at 11 this morning! WTF! lol. now im fucking tired. anyway, yeah, she doesnt let me sleep over places anymore cause shes afraid im gonna get drunk...which is what would happen. rofl, so like once a month i just do it at home for no good reason ha. i have this amazing trait, I DONT GET HANGOVERS! I actually get a daylong buzz haha. Which I have right now woooooooo. hehehe.

EdenMaster
Originally posted by Darunia
I got drunk a few times this summer, but I found better things to do with it than coming HERE! Like this really cute chick...I...

(censored).

Brushed up against her!

SCANDALOUS!

As for drinking, hm, no thank you. Even though my 21st birthday is less than a year away (holy crap did that sound stupid :D) I don't intend to drink anything containing alcohol simply because I can. I don't see the point.

Laser Link
Getting drunk is a stupid thing to do. I don't understand why people get so excited about making themselves stupid, obnoxious, and disgusting. Or what's so cool about losing control of your body. And after all of this happens, they are proud of it! It just doesn't make sense. Sometimes I'll have a drink with my friends, but I will not get drunk.

One of my closest friends was an alcoholic in high school, and that led to drugs and all kinds of other stuff. He was miserable, but he didn't know how to get out. I think that happens to a lot of people. Thankfully God is faithful and after losing everything in his life and going to prison, my friend gave his life back to God. Jesus broke the addiction and my friend has never felt the desire to drink again. In fact, he hates alcohol now because of how it ruined his life, and he is one of the most on-fire people I know.

I have another friend who moved to Florida after graduating and got into the wrong crowd. She doesn't talk about it alot, but I know she used to drink alot with her friends. When I've talked with her she said she didn't eve like getting drunk- she didn't get sick but she started acting stupid. But she still kept doing it. After moving back here she got her life back on track for a while, but now she is starting to go back. I'm scared to death for her, because she is way too special to waste her life that way.

I'm telling you guys this so that you won't screw your life up. Once you start you will get sucked in and it will ruin your life. One friend almost lost his life because of alcohol, and my other friend has everything you could want in this world but she still is getting pulled in. It's not worth it, so just don't start guys.

Great Rumbler
A lot of my friends go out and do stuff like that, I never felt any desire to get drunk though or even to drink at all for that matter. My friends on ocassion ask me if I'm going to the big party this weekend, I always say no. My idea of a fun weekend is sitting around my house, posting at TC, playing a few video games, and watching some DVDs. :)

EdenMaster
Originally posted by Great Rumbler
My idea of a fun weekend is sitting around my house, posting at TC, playing a few video games, and watching some DVDs. :)

Indeed, that's a good weekend for me as well.

Better, safer, and funner than drinking yourself stupid. And you can remember those video games and DVDs, whereas you usually can't remember what you did after you got drunk. That alone would scare me to death.

I got a story too, LL. My dad drank for years, almost to death. He had to spend weeks in a hospital and further weeks in a rehab facility before he was finally free, but I know his demons still lurk from time to time. His souvenir from drinking is diabetes.

Needless to say, I've seen first hand what it can do to a person, and want no part of it.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, getting drunk/doing drugs to me just seems really stupid. Why in the world would people want to do stuff that makes them act stupid and do dumb stuff... there are so many better things you could be doing... its just really dumb.

Sacred Jellybean
I used to like to drink myself silly... but to be honest, the past few drinking episodes of mine haven't been too great. I didn't really have any bad experiences with it (aside from rocking in a plastic porch chair and breaking one of its legs), I've simply lost the appeal I once saw in it. It's just not that fun anymore... not only does it make me stupid, mean, lethargic, and sick, but I can't even remember the experience the morning after.

Something I've never understood is why people automatically list drugs and alcohol seperately. "Not only alcohol, Janey, but DRUGS TOO!! OMG!!" The fact that alcohol is legal doesn't negate the fact that it's a destructive drug.

A Black Falcon
Because its legal, I think... its also why cigarettes and abusing perscription drugs are mentioned sepearately usually.

lazyfatbum
Go wake up your mom and tell her you're drunk and you find her to be physically attractive. Then leave.

-_____-
Originally posted by Laser Link
Once you start you will get sucked in and it will ruin your life.

Its the truth! I always tell people not to lol. My problem is i started, and my family has always had this unfortunate alcoholism problem. yeeaaah, and im irish. :drunk: its bad. i dont do it much, like once a month. Addictions suck.

Darunia
Getting drunk with friends at a party as opposed to playing videogames alone at home is generally a social thing, so I can see how most of you would fail to gain by it. :rolleyes:

Great Rumbler
Dork.

I fail to see how drinking yourself into a stupor, doing stupid things, and then forgetting everything that happened can be better than just about anything else. At least with playing videogames you remember what happened last night.

Weltall
I've only been drunk once, and at least while it was happening I enjoyed every loving second of it.

On an unrelated note, lazy gave me a Crotch-o-Tron Birthday Card Enhancer, on which I'm supposed to rub my crotch vigorously. And I do.

Darunia
I fail to see how drinking yourself into a stupor, doing stupid things, and then forgetting everything that happened can be better than just about anything else. At least with playing videogames you remember what happened last night.

Oh, I quite agree sir. That would indeed be pointless. I, on the other hand, remember everything, and was in at least 95% control of everything I did. It was a warm, wonderful feeling that I loved...escape from a bleak, cold world into a warm, fuzzy one. With friends, it was awesome...best memories of the summer, those.

Private Hudson
Getting drunk occasionally, in the right environment (say a party with friends) can be really great fun.

I fail to see how drinking yourself into a stupor, doing stupid things, and then forgetting everything that happened can be better than just about anything else.

Who ever said you had to drink yourself into a stupor? Or that you would forget everything that happened? Why only take the extreme examples?

Originally posted by Laser Link
Once you start you will get sucked in and it will ruin your life

Bullshit. I started drinking at 18 (legal age in Australia), but only ever on occasions. We go out each Friday night (after work) and try and have fun with eachother, it's as simple as that. Like I said, drinking in the right environment can be really great fun. Just don't start drinking all the time, by yourself, etc. etc.

OB1
Well you're Australian. You guys put the Irish to shame when it comes to drunkeness..titude...

Darunia
Goddamit are we the ONLY nation on Earth that can't drink until 21!??!

Great Rumbler
Oh, I quite agree sir. That would indeed be pointless. I, on the other hand, remember everything, and was in at least 95% control of everything I did. It was a warm, wonderful feeling that I loved...escape from a bleak, cold world into a warm, fuzzy one. With friends, it was awesome...best memories of the summer, those.

Well good for you.

Darunia
Yes, good for me, because I proved you wrong, "Mr. One Ounce of Beer kills a billion people per Year."

OB1
Proved him wrong about what? That stupid people like to get wasted?

Darunia
No, he made it out as if being drunk meant that one was always bound to do stupid things, and was in no control of one's self. Are you a prohibitionist too, OB1.

OB1
Yes, I do not drink alcohol. I know far too many people that have died or had their lives ruined because of alcohol-abuse-related incidents.

Darunia
We all do. Also know far-too-many people killed in driving accidents, (far more than alcohol-ones)...but I still drive.

Great Rumbler
Yes, good for me, because I proved you wrong, "Mr. One Ounce of Beer kills a billion people per Year."

Proved me wrong about what? I said people do stupid things when they're drunk. That's a fact, you can't dispute it. Maybe not every single person who takes a sip of beer will, but people do.

OB1
Driving is a neccessity, getting drunk is not.

Darunia
Driving isn't as essential as you'd think. Public transportation, car pooling.

OB1
Yeah, driving really is comparable to getting drunk in terms of nesseccity. :rolleyes:

Darunia
*Necessity.

OH, DID YOU MEAN TO TYPE NECESSITY INSTEAD OF NESSECCITY! IM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW.

-_____-
Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Dork.

Actually...I always remember EVERYTHING, and I never get a hangover..rather I get a daylong buzz the next day...odd isnt it?

OB1
Haha, innocent typo. As you can see in my previous post, I spelled it correctly. Well almost, I added two c's instead of one. That was an accident.

Darunia
Haha, innocent typo. As you can see in my previous post, I spelled it correctly. Well almost, I added two c's instead of one. That was an accident.

But Marion wasn't an innocent typo? I typed MARIO in that same post, in fact, only two words before MARION. I added an n on the end. That was an accident. Apology accepted, shit monger.

On another note, TC seems to be fairly evenly drawn on people who drink, and people who don't drink and hate those who do.

OB1
Of course Marion was just an innocent typo, but you made it so I had to laugh at it. :shakeit:

Laser Link
On another note, TC seems to be fairly evenly drawn on people who drink, and people who don't drink and hate those who do.

Darunia, why do you always think that people who have different viewpoints from you hate you? You take this as a personal attack when it is not.

My point is not against alcohol. As I stated before, sometimes I will go have a drink with my friends. In this case, there is no difference between that and a Coke, because I do not get drunk or get in any way affected by it. My feeling is that if you lose any amount of control, you have gone to far. Not just in alcohol, but in anything. If you get so angry that you can't think straight and start doing things you normally wouldn't do, then you have gone to far. It's called balance, intelligence, and responsibility. However, I completely respect the people who feel straight out that alcohol is wrong, and I won't ever try to convince them that my way is right.

To me this is a moral conviction, but it doesn't really matter if you agree with that or not. The bottom line is that if you are drunk and your hurt someone because you couldn't control yourself, you are in a lot of trouble. If you drink and drive, you will lose your license and if you kill someone you will spend a very long time in prison. The public doesn't tolerate this kind of stupidity anymore. They'll ignore you if you are stupid enough to drink yourself to death, and you will if you make this a habit; just don't hurt anyone else or you won't find a single sympathetic person.

Dark Jaguar
I myself am one of those people who won't drink no matter what that you mention LL, but I won't be forcing others to share such a view (though I will force them to stop if they start turning yellow and smelling of urine, well the urine smell might happen long before liver malfunction when alchohol is concerned..., plus I'll take their keys, with my magnet watch because I'm not exactly a strong person, well it's not really a STRONG magnet so much as a watch I rubbed a magnet on in one direction over and over that KINDA has a pull on really small iron filings now, at least that's the watch I dream of having...), since as you said it's not really bad until it's out and out drunkitude. I mean, Jesus drank wine and all, but wine at the time was far more dilute. It was almost fermented water. But, it certainly wasn't "grape juice" like some Sunday schools would have kids believe. I just don't want to risk the chance I might have some genetic trigger about alchoholism in my brain just waiting for that one first time. Sure I can still resist and all, free will and such, but I can live without the temptation, which is a very annoying thing. It's not a blind fear, my family does have a history of getting addicted to substances easily. I'll just be avoiding them if you please. Not like I hurt relationships over it. When I say "no thanks", my friends don't make a big deal about it and we just go on like normal.

Yeah, I like the stories where it starts out with a strong conviction and I end up defending myself on something I don't need to defend myself on. It shows both blind judging AND a lack of self confidence in my own ideals all at once. It's funny that way.

Darunia
Sorry, Laser Link; it's not you...just OB1...I just...hate him so much, some times it spreads over and affects others. No hard feelings.

Laser Link
I just don't want to risk the chance I might have some genetic trigger about alchoholism in my brain just waiting for that one first time
Exactly. That is a concern. Some people are more prone to alcoholism than others, and one drink can hook you. One time doing pot can hook you too. It's hardly the harmless drug people sometimes think it is. One joint is the equivalent to 10 cigarettes in terms of the damage it does to your body.

My guideline is if you need it, then don't drink. If you want it to make you feel better or forget about your problems, don't drink. If you want to drink because your friends are, don't do it. In any of those cases, alcohol is not going to fix your problems, it will only make you froget about them for a time and then come back twice as hard in a few hours. Then how do you cope with that? Drink more?

OB1
Sorry, Laser Link; it's not you...just OB1...I just...hate him so much, some times it spreads over and affects others. No hard feelings.

Haha, what do you expect? You like Quest 64 more than Metroid Prime, for crying out loud. How can you expect us not to make fun of you??!

Laser Link
S'okay, I just wanted to point it out. It would be a miserable way to live, thinking that everyone hates you all the time.

OB1
I don't think anyone here hates Darunia, we're just annoyed by him.

Darunia
Tough beans, OB1, 'cuz I still hate you.

OB1
Success! :stupid:

Darunia
...ok.

OB1
Couldn't you find a higher-quality Lupin image for that avatar?? Good grief.

Darunia
I tried... and believe it or not, no I couldn't. That's one of him reading a letter, and I had to blow it up to scale it right. Other pics weren't of the same show that they had on Adult Swim, or for other reasons weren't any good.

OB1
Just how lazy are you? I did a quick google search and came up with these. Some good, some not. You be the judge:

http://a572.q.twdx.net/bilder/Anime/Lupin III/lupin.jpe
You should use this one.

http://www.shizukapress.com/Otaking/lupin/images/lup_doa.jpg
Alright alright, it's obvious why I posted this, but... oh shut up.

http://www.shizukapress.com/Otaking/lupin/images/lupin_live-action.gif
Never mind, use this one!!

Then when you're done with these you can watch this awesome movie for inspiration: http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/zenigweb/

Darunia
Let me reiterate for the deaf and hard of hearing:

Other pics weren't of the same show that they had on Adult Swim...

I only wanted a pic from the same series they showed on Adult Swim. To have a pic of a different show, would be like wanting a picture of Indiana Jones but settling for one of Han Solo. Same guy underneath, different façade.

OB1
Some more!

http://meteo.rydia.net/cosplay/Otakon/Lupin.JPG

http://www.droni.it/enrico/Lupin/CosPlay/CosPlay_04.jpg

http://www.droni.it/enrico/Lupin/CosPlay/CosPlay_18.jpg

http://uranime.nekomusume.net/scrapbook/ax2000/images/lupin.jpg

Darunia
LOL @ THOSE PICS...!

OB1
Let me reiterate for the deaf and hard of hearing:

Other pics weren't of the same show that they had on Adult Swim...

I only wanted a pic from the same series they showed on Adult Swim. To have a pic of a different show, would be like wanting a picture of Indiana Jones but settling for one of Han Solo. Same guy underneath, different façade.

Uh... Indiana Jones and Han Solo are two completely different characters. Lupin is the same guy throughout all of the seasons and the movie.

Darunia
The point was that HARRISON FORD is the same person regardless of his starring role, as LUPIN is the same character regardless of what show it is or how he's drawn.

OB1
Ok ok, here are some seriously good ones:

http://www.import-anime.com/image.php?picloc=MTAxNS9EVkQwMjE1XzAwMDEuanBn&action=getpic

http://www.import-anime.com/image.php?picloc=MjIxOC8yMjE4XzNlZmJjOGM1ODExYjUuanBn&action=getpic

And then this one, which is perfect for an avatar. It's from the second season of the show (the one you saw). I cleaned it up a bit and resized it, so you better use it as your avatar. I'm sick of looking at that blurry avatar of yours.

Darunia
Yes those are good, and ok I'll change it...but you have to admit I was right; they are hard to come by.

OB1
I got the last one from the official site.

OB1
Wait, why aren't you using that last one? The pic you're using now is from one of the OVA's, not the second season.

Darunia
Perhaps, but it looks so snazzy...he's in ponderance in the one I used; perhaps he's pondering...why I didn't use the smaller, more refines one you sent me.

Moiraine
Originally posted by OB1
I don't think anyone here hates Darunia, we're just annoyed by him.

I think you said that wrong... It should be

"I don't think anyone here hates OB1, we're just annoyed by him."

:shakeit:

OB1
Wow, that's two attempts at insulting me! She used the incredible "take what you said about someone else and just turn it around on you" tactic!!

*Applauds Moiraine*

Am I making you angry? Am I? Gosh darn now that's got to stop! :haha:

Alright Miss "I speak out against drug use but then use a pro-pot avatar because it's just so cool to like weed", I'll give you one more shot at trying to insult me. Make the most of it this time! Ask some friends for help, consult your dog, whatever! But try to be creative this time.

Moiraine
I have not been tryin to insult you and I can HAVE a pro weed avatar if I want to because I have tried weed before and I have nothing against it. I just don't like tryin to converse with people who are messed up that is why I said in the annoying things thread that I hate people who do drugs...
Your just mad because ABF and Darunia and I have proved you wrong and you are an arrogant coochie snortcher that refuses to admit when they are wrong. Unlike Daruni however I am not mad I find all this arguing quite comical and it keeps the forums interesting. I think it you sir, who is takin this thing way too seriously... I think you need to take a lil vacation away from the forums and get something called a LIFE.. :evilha:

OB1
"coochie snortcher"??? :haha:

You don't know me very well if you think I'm taking this seriously. You are the one who is trying (very poorly, I might add) to insult me, by calling me such inventive names like "ass monkey" and "coochie snorter". It's obvious that I've made you angry since you're actually quoting me in your sig. You see, nothing you have said or done means anything to me, which is why I don't have to resort to petty name-calling.

ABF and Darunia proved nothing, but I do not need to explain that to you since you haven't proven yourself to be more than a troll.

Moiraine
Originally posted by OB1
"coochie snortcher"??? :haha:

You don't know me very well if you think I'm taking this seriously. You are the one who is trying (very poorly, I might add) to insult me, by calling me such inventive names like "ass monkey" and "coochie snorter". It's obvious that I've made you angry since you're actually quoting me in your sig. You see, nothing you have said or done means anything to me, which is why I don't have to resort to petty name-calling.

ABF and Darunia proved nothing, but I do not need to explain that to you since you haven't proven yourself to be more than a troll.

I call you those names for fun a term you apparently no nothing about..
And I think I am a lil more than a "troll." You just mad because you're WRONG and MORE THAN ONE PERSON CAN SEE IT. Actually I did not intentionally quote you. I was mainly quoting ABF but it made more sense to put your posts in there as well. So by all means don't feel speacial...:shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit:

OB1
Oh yes, I am just SO wrong because you applauded one of ABF's posts. :rolleyes:

If that was the way to determine who is wrong and who is right then everyone would have their own pack of ignorant cheerleaders by their side. And believe me, I doubt ABF feels too good about having support from you and Darunia. It actually hurts his case. :chuckle:

Dark Jaguar
Oh silly OB1. What are you doing taking her seriously? You SAY you don't actually get insulted, and I bet you don't, but the very act of explaining that shows you must actually think she's serious about it. Calm down child!

OB1
Calm down? I'm not raising my "voice", I'm not name-calling. I'm acting very calm, really.

Have I ever told you that you have a real problem with distinguishing between different emotions? When I joke you think I'm serious, when I'm relaxed you think I'm edgy. You're weird, DJ.

Dark Jaguar
You do the SAME thing. And for the love of pete stop being so meloncholy!

OB1
What the---

never mind. :rolleyes:

Dark Jaguar
I had one of those, but it turned out to be an eyelash.

A Black Falcon
Its not just that he refuses absolutely to admit when he is either wrong or makes no sense... its the way he says it too that is so, so annoying...

OB1
You annoy me, I annoy you. Like how you use your big CAP letters WHENEVER you're trying to MAKE a POINT.

A Black Falcon
I know they annoy you... :)

OB1
Which is why I try to ANNOY you WHENEVER I can.

A Black Falcon
How nice of you.. :love:

-_____-
Yeah...so uh....:drunk:

Great Rumbler
...Teflon?

Dark Lord Neo
I think it's more fun to go to a party and just watch the drunk people

OB1
And then steal their wallets when they're not looking?

*looks at GR and neo by his side*

No? Pfft. Fine then!

Moiraine
Bah -_____- is right :drunk:

Darunia
Seems as though Moiraine, ABF and I are always against OB1, yet he is defiant. Now doesn't logic serve that the majority (us) is probably right on whatever matter it might be, as opposed to the ignorant, self-righteous few (OB1)?

OB1
You guys should make a club. How about the "We're Really Dumb... But TOGETHER" club ?

Hahaha! I'm so clever. :chuckle:

Dark Jaguar
No. Majority sharing an opinion does not logically mean it's got a greater chance of being true. An opinion could be held by none and still be correct, though nonexistant since it's now an extinct memetic lifeform. Whether information has a large number of copies has no bearing on it's accuracy at all.

Darunia
I see what you're saying, but if a group of sentient beings share an opinion on something, it's being true is more likely if more than one person concede to it. If 5,000 people think something is red, and one person thinks it's blue, chances are that it's more red than blue, simply by odds.

Way to go sticking up for OB1. :rolleyes:

OB1
You tell him, DJ!

Darunia
*sics rottweilers and guinea pigs on OB1*

I just debunked DJ's post.

Undertow
If 20,000,000 Americans believed American Idol was an interesting, intelligent show, that dosn't mean it would be.

Darunia
Well in that case, you're right...but in most circumstances, the majority is usually right. Ie:

1.) World War II: World vs. Japan, Germany. World right.

2.) Muslim fundamentalists vs. mainstream muslims, and the rest of the free world (especially jews and democracies.) World right.

3.) Evil bad guys in James Bond movies vs. Bond (who fights on behalf of the free world.) World right.

There, ya see? I WAS right after all.:cool:

OB1
But as Undertow pointed out you can do the exact same thing the other way around.

Dark Jaguar

You debunked nothing. I'm pointing out reality. Personal thoughts determine nothing about reality. There's no "probability" to raise here. How does opinion change reality? It doesn't. Thus, how can you say many people believing something raises the chances of it being true? Probability altering is a change in reality. It ALWAYS is. For instance, if there are two sides of a die that have the number 1 on it, the chances of rolling a 1 are increased. However, when it comes to opinion, you aren't changing the fabric of reality by believing anything. Here's another example using dice. Just because more people believe that a normal 6 sided die will roll a 5 doesn't mean it's more likely to roll a 5. Nothing was altered. This case is exactly like any other.

The BETTER thing to believe is that more people are likely to believe that which reflects reality. Reality CAN affect people's beliefs. You however didn't say that at all, nor can your point be construed to mean that. The OPPOSITE of what you say is in fact something resembling truth.

Your red example for instance tells me nothing about the situation. Has anyone seen said object, or are they all guessing? If they are guessing, your logic is faulty. Odds, as I said, are nonexistant because there are no odds to determine here. The belief has no attachment to the determination of what state the object is in. Since it has no attachment, it has no effect. No effect means no odd alteration. The chances are exactly 50/50, and as in the case of that cat of that one physicist, the state, until it's actually observed, is actually BOTH at once. Thus, it's purple :D. Now, if people HAVE seen it, it's like my second paragraph. The people's thoughts were affected by reality, not reality being affected by the people's thoughts. In this case, the chances of the majority being right is higher, but NOT the chances of it being red or blue. That's already determined. I hope I cleared this up for you.

Moiraine
I'm feeling too lazy to even bother arguing today... OB1 I'm sorry... You may have been right on some issues that I had over looked or you may have been wrong but I guess it just doesn't matter. If you were right then I appologize... :flowers:

A Black Falcon
Just going to say that just because a majority thinks something, it doesn't mean its true. There are so, SO many examples of how the majority is stupidly wrong that it'd take many, many volumes to list them all...

Darunia
ARGH! That's NOT what I'm saying! I'm saying that if there were nothing to go on, and one had to make an educated guess, it's best to go with the majority on something! If you went to a foreign country, and 5,000 locals told you to run away, but 1 local dude said not to, JUST based on the majority, who would you listen to, who would be right?

Moiraine
Well we know you would stay... :kiss:

Dark Jaguar
No more info than that? Can't make a decision based on such limited info, and that's my whole point. Are they America haters? Is there a rampaging bull? It's illogical to do something just because everyone says so without at least some info as to WHY one should do this.

Moiraine
Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
No more info than that? Can't make a decision based on such limited info, and that's my whole point. Are they America haters? Is there a rampaging bull? It's illogical to do something just because everyone says so without at least some info as to WHY one should do this.

Who are you talkin to?...

A Black Falcon
Yeah, Darunia, I'd never do something just because people say you should... maybe you would, but I wouldn't. Unless there was proof that its a good idea...

Fittisize
I'm too busy to be gettin drunk every weekend (just walked into thread), but a few weekends out of the year (mostly in the one and a half month gap between the end of hockey season and summer hockey camps) I'll get totally shit-faced (term up here for getting really drunk) and have a grande old time. And on a Friday night when I don't have anything important going on Saturday, I'll got out drinkin.

Great Rumbler
Back in the middle ages all of Europe thought that the Earth was flatt, we all know how right they were. :rolleyes:

Darunia
I got drunk again the other night, and it was the fuckin' bomb! Few screwdrivers and I was dancing on the ceiling. Got some action too. Let that be a lesson to you all!!!

*Declares vodka the official drink of Goron Empire*

*Russia gets angry and wants its drink back*

*Declares formal state of war on Russia*

Dark Jaguar
Actually many cultures knew the Earth was round for some time before the middle ages. In fact, Columbus had to convince no one that it was round. It was established fact at the time. That's the whole reason he "knew" he could easily find a shortcut to India by going the other way.

However, the whole world for a long time DID think the universe revolved around our little planet.