View Thread : The back to school thread

Laser Link
This is the place to whine, moan, complain, and do all those other things you do so well. :)

I started my senior year tonight (Monday). My profs seem decent enough, they were giving out free soft drinks (WOOOO!), and one of my classes was moved to a much closer building. I would have been running 3/4 of a mile in between classes or taking the shuttle and getting to my second class 15 minutes late. And when the winter came I would only have Option #2. So this is much better.

On the bad side, the darn greedy thieves took away 2 more free parking lots and turned them into pay lots as well. :cuss:

Oh yes, the poll is inspired by DMiller's comments of a year (or two) ago. His brilliant observation has stuck with me and become a very important part of my routine as I visit new bathrooms around the world.

Darunia
No, and I wish they'd buy those big plastic dispensers...because more often than not, some fucking moron will piss on the whole roll. It's only the cheapest 1-ply, too.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, my college locks them to the stall.

They also have only a air dryer to dry your hands -- useless things never work...

But at least the extra (for putting in stalls once the rolls there empty) rolls of toilet paper are just stacked by the window... :)

DMiller
Haha. I'm glad my words of wisdom have stuck with you. I start classes tomorrow. This will be my last semester of college and I'll be starting graduate school in the spring if all goes to plan.

Moiraine
I love the soap they give for us to wash our hands. I dunno if anyone else has it at their school, but it is the soap shavings and when I use them they always dry out my hands. So then I have you use lotion..

Anyways this is gonna be my senior year WOO! I went to my school yesterday to get my schedule and my classes suck ass.

The Following Classes I will have on odd days:
1st ~ African American Literature
3rd ~ Algebra 2 Second Semester
5th ~ Aide
7th ~ Web Master

The Rest of these classes I will have on even days:
1st ~ African American Litrerature. (I know I repeated, but we take our first period class everyday.
2nd ~ English 12
4th ~ US History
6th ~ US Government

I think my odd day classes are gonna suck sooo bad because of the 2 histories...

Great Rumbler
Regarding the poll question: I don't know if it is or not since I never use the bathroom at school. Better safe than sorry, that's my philosphy.

I've been in school for almost three full weeks.

Dark Lord Neo
I wrote a post for this and the server went down just before I hit submit

My school has it in the plastic dispensers on the wall of the stall

I hate my schedule this year, this is what I have this semester
Biology 30
Career and Life Manegement(Day 1)/ Communications Technology(day 2)
Pure Math 20
Social Studies 20

and next semester

English 20-1AP
Physics 20
Chemistry 20
German 20

A Black Falcon
I never used the bathroom in highschool, so I'm not sure about there...

N-Man
Whee. I start tomorrow.

Secondary 5 Intermediate Mathematics
Sec. 5 French Reading/Writing/Spoken
Advanced English <-- aka 'Ms. Synnett's New Age Creative Course'. Technically optional I think, but who'd want to miss that?
Mixed Sec. 4/5 Biology
Sec. 5 Geography
Sec. 5 History (of the XXth Cent.)
Phys. Ed.
Arts/Communication
rinse and repeat

I have no future. On the other hand, it'll be a relatively easy year. I think. I look forward to 20th century history, it's basically a giant yearlong class on world war 2.

Also have a gigantic project about fascism worldwide due for year's end.

Like I said, whee.

Laser Link
Regarding the poll question: I don't know if it is or not since I never use the bathroom at school. Better safe than sorry, that's my philosphy.

I've been in school for almost three full weeks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, how do you guys hold it so long?

Since everyone is posting their course schedule, I will too. Hooray for following the crowd.

Monday/Wednesday
5:50 pm - 7:05 pm CS 470 - Automata (still don't know what that is)
7:15 pm - 8:30 pm CS 420 - Computer Architecture (yes, again. I guess this is more advanced then the other, and assembly language knowlege is assumed)

Tuesday/Thursday
12:14 pm - 1:30 pm CS 330 - Software Engineering (one big semester long project where we build an airline reservation system, and I managed to get on a team with a bunch of other hardcore g33ks. :D We're doing a C++ and PHP combo program. PHP for the GUI and that fun stuff, and then C++ for the guts and OOP stuff even though PHP has objects.)

7:15 pm - 8:30 pm CS 577 - Computer Graphics and Animation (my first graduate level course, yay. It's gonna be a killer, but we get to play with Maya a lot.)

So there you have it. Only 12 credits, which is the bare minimum for full time (and financial aid), but I only have 24 credits left total, so what can I do? And they are all nasty hard CS classes, so I'll still be busy enough.

Great Rumbler
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, how do you guys hold it so long?

It's one of my super powers. :)

A Black Falcon
In highschool or lower, its easy enough to hold it until the end of the day... or at least it was for me... at college of course its a different story.

geoboy
They just lock the toilet paper in some schools? All the bathrooms on the lowest level of this prison we call "high school" were locked shut last year. The cafeteria is on the same level as the bathrooms that were locked and we're not allowed to go to the upper levels until the lunch period is over. And lunch period is the best time to use the facilities! :( Luckily the stupid principal came to his senses and reopened the bathrooms for this school year. But it's only a matter of time before another one of our natural human instincts (like breathing) is taken away.

Great Rumbler
Luckily the stupid principal came to his senses and reopened the bathrooms for this school year. But it's only a matter of time before another one of our natural human instincts (like breathing) is taken away.

We should have a thread where we talk about how bad [or good, if such a thing is possible] our school administration is.

Darunia
They did that at my high school too, locking all the bathrooms. It's bad enough that they only use 1-ply, but then they started locking them all the time...then they permanently closed off two bathrooms on the first floor for private use by the special ed kids. On another note, on the hottest days of the year when we're all frying on the third floor, the officer is A/Ced...oh that burns my Goron ass alright.

Dark Lord Neo
I have a key for the toilet paper dispensers, I managed to secure one at work

Laser Link
Score!

My old school used to close off the upstairs during lunch period. But in fairness I think it was to stop us from our habit of sneaking into the rooms and taping the teachers' pens, books, stapler, etc to the blackboard and celing. :D