View Thread : Favorite Trek Theme Song?

OB1
I like the TNG one the best. The original series' theme is a close second, though. It's just so groovy.

A Black Falcon
Hmm... I'd say its a tie between Voyager and DS9, myself. Both of those are great... maybe Voyager's is my favorite, but DS9 has a great one too. The classic and TNG themes aren't nearly as good.

Great Rumbler
Well, that's it ABF has officially gone insane.

TNG theme is my favorite.

Dark Lord Neo
I hope Rod Stewart Dies

I like TNG theme the best, followed by TOS

OB1
Oh right, the Entreprise theme is a Rod Stewart cover song, right?

And yes, ABF is indeed insane. The Voyager and DS9 themes are the worst ones right after Enterprise. Voyager's is alright but DS9's theme sounds like the composer fell asleep while he was coming up with the song. It's just so boring.

A Black Falcon
Voyager's is best. I decided. :) Its just such a great theme... far and away better than the TNG theme which, like that show, I just never liked as much as Voyager... DS9 has a nice theme too, though. Its only problem is that it is a bit slow... but oh well, that's hardly bad.

OB1
I've said it a million times before and I'll probably say it a millions times again: you sir, are nuts.

A Black Falcon
Voyager also has far and away the best visuals with its great intro theme...

Dark Lord Neo
Originally posted by OB1
Oh right, the Entreprise theme is a Rod Stewart cover song, right?

Yeah, not only couldn't they get Rod Stewart to perform his stupid song, they got someone else to do it

Ryan
The original theme is still the best.

alien space marine
The original theme was to scratchy and corny to be good as they had a tight budget.

OB1
:rolleyes:

Kids these days, eh Weltall?

Ryan
Bah. The original series was the funniest and lightest-of-heart, and it had a theme song that matched that sentiment. It very much fit the atmosphere of the '23rd century from the minds of the 1960s' idea. It's fast-paced, and adventurous without the air of stuffy importance that the later themes portray. The original theme is FUN.

And what's scratchy about it? I mean, other than the fact that it was recorded forty friggin years ago... Download the Cincinnatti Pops' orchestration of the original Star Trek theme, which has a kickass slight taste of Gershwin's "Cuban Overture". It's simply <i>incredible</i>.

OB1
Indeed it is. I love the original series and everything about it.

Darunia
Man what the hell were they thinking, playing a song as the opening theme for Enterprise. The awesome orchestration for TNG rules all; followed by the campy classic theme. The other ones I don't care for.