View Thread : More computer problems...

Great Rumbler
A recent thuderstorm has left my computer in ruins. The monitor and modem have been vaporized, but luckily it looks like nothing else was damaged. But that isn't all. When I installed the new modem it made my computer freeze up and messed up everytime I tried to start up, so I took the new modem out and put the old one back so that I install the drivers for the modem. It started up fine, but when it got Windows everything ran slow so I decided to shut down and restart it, hoping that that would fix any leftover problems. When I started it up however it cheerfully informed me that the driver file was missing or corrupt and that Windows could not start until I fixed this problem. Now, this has happened once before and I just left it alone for a while and the problem went away on it's own, although I have no idea how, but I was using my brother's monitor so I haven't had a chance to check it again. I would be able to fix it easily if I had the Windows XP disc, but I can't find it. Tomorrow I'm going to get a new monitor, so hopefully after that I can fix any remaining problems.

Stupid electronics...

A Black Falcon
Through the surge protector?

Great Rumbler
Clearing out dust and jiggling wires can do wonders for a computer. After doing this the driver file fixed itself and the modem began working again. Sadly, the same cannot be said for the monitor which still does not work. But my computer is now functioning properly, so I can't complain much.

A Black Falcon
But how do you know, with no monitor? :)

And just HOW are you posting here anyway... :D

Great Rumbler
My parents bought me a new monitor. They're the greatest!

A Black Falcon
Yeah... mine would probably make me use one of the older 15" monitors we have on the various comps we don't use anymore...