View Thread : Uh... Darunia's birthday is today?

OB1
Wasn't it just a few months ago?

Well in any case, happy birthday.

Great Rumbler
I find it somewhat difficult to suitably express my intense joy on this occasion.

Just kidding, happy birthday!! :D

A Black Falcon
What, you suspect Darunia of changing his birthdate several times a year? :)

OB1
No I just thought that he had a birthday a few months ago, but it was probably something else.

A Black Falcon
Ah.

Well I guess we should be happy... :D

EdenMaster
Actually, my theory is that Goron lifespans are shorter,therefore they age much faster, and to make things even out they celebrate four birthdays a year.

Nevermind.

Happy birfday, Darunia!

Dark Jaguar
Um, so gorons orbit the sun faster than humans do?

Fittisize
No, they just have a different definition of what a 'year' is.

A Black Falcon
That's how they get so old... :)

Darunia
Wow, I'm shocked that you remembered, what with my slacking attendance and all. I am humbled by your humility, and to show it, I, his excellency, the emperor of all Goron peoples, bestow upon thee, all of TC, full pardon and clemency for all wars I've declared upon all of you thus far. Thanks again for your best wishes.

---His Excellency, Emperor Darunia S. Goron I, Esq., le comte to Hyrule

OB1
It says whose birthday it is on the frontpage, so I didn't actually have to remember anything.

Cheers. :flowers:

Weltall
You're an Emperor AND a lawyer?

Darunia
Yes and no. I hate lawyers. Esquire is just my formal title.

Great Rumbler
Oh yeah?! Well I'm an Emperor and Lawyer AND a professional oral hygenist!

That's Dr. Your Majesty to you!!

Darunia
You take that back! I'm the only Emperor in these parts and you know it!!

Great Rumbler
Wrong! I'm the emporer of the Alpha Centauri Federation of Planets, or whatever it was I decided to call it.

OB1
There are OB1 peoples? :what:

Great Rumbler
I think there might be a planet of them somewhere in the Federation, but I don't know for sure.

OB1
So I'm the ruler of them, right?

Great Rumbler
No, they pretty much just do there own thing.

OB1
their

Weltall
I am the emperor of myself.

"It" is an awesome book. So says the Holy Emperor. Those of you who can read should give it a spin. I had that damn book for fifteen years and only now have I given it any time.

Great Rumbler
Originally posted by OB1
their

Ah, I guess you didn't hear about that. The Alpha Centauri Federation of Planets officially abolished the word "their" about five years ago.

Darunia
Ah, I guess you didn't hear about that. The Alpha Centauri Federation of Planets officially abolished the word "their" about five years ago.

Well thats irrelevent, as "their" still exists in English, and you were writing in English, not Alpha Centaurian.

Great Rumbler
I can't be bothered to learn every nuance of you're silly back-water language. Although, I suppose I could take an afternoon off one day and conquer your planet and then wipe "their" out your language too...

Dark Jaguar
Well, if you want to spread devistation across the universe, try buying Gaspork Industry's latest incarnation of darkness, Biostomper 4! It's the most illegal bio-weapon ever devised! Get a 12 pack of them and get a free Eco-Rapist class assault mech!

Gaspork Industries: We make terrible things.

Moiraine
Well I guess I am kinda late.... Happy belated Birthday Darunia!!! :kiss:

Darunia
Why thank you Moiraine.

*Officially declares "their" to exist in every language.*

A Black Falcon
Isn't their, there, and they're like third grade stuff? :)

OB1
So is it's and its yet you always manage to screw those up. :p

A Black Falcon
No, I just leave out apostrophes...

OB1
Riiiight. :rolleyes:

Darunia
I think we can all agree that English is a truly fucked up language, and that no one has ever completely mastered it in as as much as that they have never made a spelling or grammatical mistake.

A Black Falcon
Yes, its one of the most complex languages there is thanks to its nature of linguistic growth through word acquisition...