View Thread : Star Wars: The animated series

Dark Jaguar
Coming soon to Cartoon Network! Just recently saw a commercial for it and had to look it up for myself. Here's a link.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/news20030220.html

Hi-larious!

OB1
"Clone Wars", to be more precise. It's a bunch of 3-minute long animated shorts. Around 40 minutes in total. The guy behind Samurai Jack and Dexter is directing it, so it's in very good hands. Oh and it takes place between Episodes II & III, and the new baddie from Ep 3 will be revealed in the 'toon.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, sounds interesting... though three minuite episodes is very short. Should make them easier to download... :)

OB1
Around 40 minutes total. They made it short because Lucasfilm didn't want it to cover too much of the story.

Tartakovsky did say that he'd like to do a full series after Episode 3 comes out, though.

Dark Jaguar
Hmm, considering it's made by the creator of Samurai Jack and Dexter's lab (both hilarious shows with two different styles), I wonder how serious this will end up being?

Darunia
I've been looking forward to these little cartoons for a long time now...I hope they'll be worth the wait.

A Black Falcon
I'm sure they will be great...

Oh, and 20x3=60, not 40, OB1...

OB1
I've heard from people that saw the first episode at the San Diego Comicon and they all said that it blew them away. And it will be serious enough for Star Wars, DJ.

The episodes are 2-3 minutes long each, ABF. So that's more like 50 minutes. I forgot that there were going to be 20 of them.

A Black Falcon
So when do they start showing? Soon? They sound great...

OB1
November for you guys, sooner for us Hyperspace members.

Dark Jaguar
I'll be sure to miss them, because they aren't full half hour things meaning I'd be forced to watch CT all day just for the chance of catching it. While I DO watch CT pretty often, I'm pretty much certain with my bad luck at these sort of mini-shows that I'll just totally miss it. Are they going to announce a specific time they air, like "right after such and such show", or are they hoping to raise ratings for the channel by NOT saying exactly when it comes on and just making people watch some entire block?

OB1
I'm sure they'll announce specific times. Or you could just wait for the DVD release next year.