View Thread : Well that was fun, now for eons of loneliness...

Dark Jaguar
Went to some convention for retro games up to now today. Not much of a convention, in fact just one room, but it was fun nonetheless. Never thought I'd see someone who actually owned a CD-i and all 3 Zelda games for it, but there they were. They gave one of my friends who showed up a poster for Wand of Gamelon, just GAVE. Sure, the games suck and all (and now I know it as a scientific fact :D), but just having them for my collection would have been nice.

On one side of the room was a huge LAN setup. People only bothered playing the games that didn't need the disk though, so no one played Warcraft 3. Also, I couldn't get anyone except one of my friends to join me in a Battlefield game, and that game quickly becomes boring with just two people.

Aside from that, lots of various systems I never thought I'd see. Colecovision, Jaguar, and all manner of Atari systems. Many old NES games for sale in mint condition. Nice little thing to visit, but in the end I didn't see anything I wanted to buy, except stuff the person was only showing off and wasn't for sale (like said CD-i games).

A Black Falcon
Cool, the CD-i Zelda games... so just how bad ARE they? :)

Dark Jaguar
I suppose they aren't gut-wrenchingly horrible. Think Zelda 2 if the physics for jumping and attacking were way off, plus that's all you could do and not very many items except stuff you had to fetch (from what I've seen). Plus, not much fun doing the actual attacking. All three games play pretty much the same, even the one where you are Zelda (I thought I remembered seeing some old pic of it with an overhead view, but it seems that's not the case).

Great Rumbler
Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Cool, the CD-i Zelda games... so just how bad ARE they? :)

They've been deemed as cruel and unusual punishment in several states, if that is any indication of how bad it is.

But, seriously, I would kill someone in front of their own momma to get a CD-I and the three Zelda games and if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eye out!!

A Black Falcon
Yeah, if I could I'd get a CD-i just for those games too... :)

Great Rumbler
If I ever find a CD-I I'll get it, but so far I've never found one.

A Black Falcon
Given how completely unsuccessful the console is, that's hardly surprising...

Darunia
Their badness is infamous almongst the console industry... but I would be happy to just see some screen shots of these games in action. I can't imagine that they're as bad as you all say, or as bad as they're wrapped to be.

I'd kill to see some shots of them in action...(wink wink, nudge nudge)