View Thread : Megaman vs Samus

Dark Jaguar
Ya like Metroid? Ya like Megaman? Ever wanted to see them battle it out? Ever wanted to do the battling yourself?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=124070

It's really cool. It's like you're actually playing a real game, but it's flash! That's gotta be a first! Megaman controls EXACTLY like in his games, and the Metroid world behaves exactly like in that game. You'll feel right at home, in a twisted amalgamated sort of way. The only thing it needs is a side where you play as Samus in Megaman's world working up to a battle against him.

OB1
Mega Man doesn't stand a chance against Samus. He blows up from touching spikes, he can't shoot diagonally, and he can only jump two inches high.

A Black Falcon
If he's plain Mega Man maybe not, but if he's got a lot of his powerups he could... and especially if he was X. :)

OB1
Even then he still can't shoot diagonally and he still blows up from a single touch of a spike. All Samus would need is a box of thumb tacks to destroy MM.

A Black Falcon
But he can freeze time... :)

OB1
Samus has an anti-time freeze device in her suit. :p

Great Rumbler
Samus could freeze Megaman with her ice ray.

N-Man
Interesting. I played for about 15 minutes and ended up right back at the start. Mega Man thinks this isn't straightforward enough. Quite cool still though.

Dark Jaguar
When in the small connecting tunnels, those are continue points. VERY straightforward actually so long as you don't loop around in the one non-linear part of this thing.

And as proof that Megaman DOES stand a chance, I've beaten it, and Samus had all her powers and her physics were the same. Megaman also acted exactly the same.

Also, they are about midway on their powerups here. Samus has her bombs and her missles (and her freeze ray), and Megaman has his slide and his Mega Buster. The only real alteration they made is that Megaman jumps higher, about Samus height.

And, I'd like to see how well YOU'D survive being impaled on spikes!

OB1
He doesn't get impaled on the spikes, he only has to touch them. I can touch a big metal spike without blowing up!

Dark Jaguar
Well, the game is only a reprisentation of what happens, so imagine that every time you slip up, you caused him to impale himself on the spikes, SO THERE! Or, the spikes inject exploding nanobots into whatever touches them.

Plus, a spike guard keeps him from dying all the time.

Plus, Mario is the same way. He instantly dies on spikes, AND lava, AND the death is so absolute that not even a star is enough to prevent it (well, if it's the "major spike" as opposed to "minor spike").

OB1
Not in Mario 64 & Sunshine.

Dark Jaguar
If you can point out Mario's 3D games, I'll just point out Legends where spikes do barely any damage at all.

OB1
Yeah well.... Legends sucked.

Dark Jaguar
I dunno, I liked it. Sure, it's not a totally awesome must have game, but it was a good game, as was it's sequel. I know I'm in the minority there though, and I'll leave it at that.

A Black Falcon
It was bad.