View Thread : TREKSAAAA!

OB1
Woo!

Darunia
Mexico < anything.

OB1
They make some good movies. And uh, their food is great.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, Mexican food is good...

Ryan
Yeah, if you find stomach ulcers sexy. Ick. :barf:

Dark Jaguar
Ulcers? So, I take it you can't handle mexican food? I personally love it, but I love Italian more.

Great Rumbler
Real Mexican food isn't nearly as good as Tex-Mex, although it's not like it's bad or anything.

I vote for Rambo anyway.

OB1
Italian food is great.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, pizza's the greatest.

:D

A Black Falcon
Yes, especially ravioli... though I think Mexican is better. I love burritos...

OB1
Pizza was invented in New York, silly.

Ryan
Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
Ulcers? So, I take it you can't handle mexican food? I personally love it, but I love Italian more.

I don't HAVE ulcers, because I don't eat Mexican. I just can't stand the stuff, any of it.

Italian though, yes, that is the proverbial shit. Tortellini in red sauce and olive oil is a true meal of the ages.

Darunia
Yea, I do hafta admit that Mexican food (or the Americanized version anyway) is awesome. I've been going to Taco Bell every other day on the way home from college. Hehe.

Italian food I don't care for, aside from the occasional pizza.

A Black Falcon
And noodles were invented in China and only arrived in Italy in the Renaissance, but that doesn't stop us from thinking of them as Italian...

OB1
But the Spaghetti you eat in Italian restaurants is made very differently than Chinese noodles. Pizza was created in New York City. It is not Italian! If you go to Italy and try their version of pizza, it is very different from ours. It's crap.

A Black Falcon
True, spagetti and other pasta isn't the same as Asian noodles, but the fact remains that pasta didn't exist until noodles were imported from Asia...

As for Italian pizza, you are absolutely right -- its terrible! They seem to like it without tomato sauce... :barf:

OB1
That's right, they got their main ingredient from Asia but that's it. Everything else is different.

Pizza is an entirely different thing, however, unless you want to say that Italians invented bread, tomato sauce, and cheese.

A Black Falcon
You said it yourself, 'main ingredient'... sure, they made it into totally different forms, but they needed the idea first. :)

As for pizza, I really don't know where it was invented but it being America would certainly make sense...

And yeah, noodles aren't the greatest comparison. Oh well... but it is true that no matter if its actually American we still think of it as 'Italian'... like plenty of other foods invented here and attributed to others...

Darunia
Taco Bell > Spaghetti or pizza.

OB1
Originally posted by A Black Falcon
You said it yourself, 'main ingredient'... sure, they made it into totally different forms, but they needed the idea first. :)

As for pizza, I really don't know where it was invented but it being America would certainly make sense...

And yeah, noodles aren't the greatest comparison. Oh well... but it is true that no matter if its actually American we still think of it as 'Italian'... like plenty of other foods invented here and attributed to others...

Pizza is 100% American, invented in New York City. It's not like Spaghetti which has a main ingredient from another country or Chinese food over here in the U.S. which barely resembles the foods they eat in China. It's completely American. Well, as American as any food can get aside from Native American food.

OB1
Chipotle > Taco Bell

LL was right!