View Thread : Favorite kind of cracker?

OB1
I like wheat thins, if they count.

alien space marine
You frikkin Phycho!

Cookies rule!:bounce:

A Black Falcon
Stoned Wheat Thins! And their great cousin the Mini Stoned Wheat Thin... definitely my favorite kind of crackers (know them? They come in blue boxes...)... always have been. The big ones are perfect for either eating plain or with cheese or peanut butter and honey or something and the small ones are just addictive... :D

Dark Jaguar
Graham crackers! You make smores with them, plus they rule!

Undertow
Extra salt wheat thins. Yea, I'm hardcore.

Great Rumbler
Wheat thins, of course!

alien space marine
Coooooooooooooookies!

I luv Cookies!

Ryan
Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Stoned Wheat Thins! And their great cousin the Mini Stoned Wheat Thin... definitely my favorite kind of crackers (know them? They come in blue boxes...)... always have been. The big ones are perfect for either eating plain or with cheese or peanut butter and honey or something and the small ones are just addictive... :D

Never had them but they definitely have the funniest name :cool:

For me, it's Triscuits, but only with some sort of dip. Alone, they're way too dry.

A Black Falcon
Never had them? Try them! The mini ones, anyway. The normal ones are larger crackers, actually somewhat different... but the small ones are the same size as Wheat Thins. They aren't super salty like those, though, and are nice and light and ... good... :D

Triscuits are good too, but are much thicker and crunchier... and yes, best with toppings.

Dark Jaguar
Wow, Graham crackers have so many votes it's at 100% even though other things have votes on them.

A Black Falcon
Graham crackers are vastly overrated. Oh, they aren't bad... they just aren't great. Well, the cinnamon ones are good, but plain graham crackers? :erm:

Dark Jaguar
Yeah! You must be a low level taster. My guess is you love spicy foods. You must not have very many taste buds. Such "low level tasters" require a lot more stimulation in order to get any real flavor. Now, high level tasters on the other hand need very little, but at the price of not being able to handle very much. I have a lot of tightly packed tastebuds. I can taste minute details of foods you most likely can't, but as a consequence I can't stand spicy foods, and many people are surprised to find what I consider spicy. For instance, my big little brother doesn't see how I can consider BBQ chicken spicy, but I myself do, as I can't stand to eat it due to the sheer spicyoscity of it all. Now as for the nuclear bomb of spicy food, wasaaaaaabe? Don't even suggest it! It's like a merciless insanity pepper of hatred for my tongue! Sorry, the most I can stand is spicyness suitable perhaps for the elderly and people recovering from surgery.

A Black Falcon
Eating spicy foods sometimes doesn't degrade your taste buds... its only if you eat super-hot stuff all the time...

I don't like super hot stuff, but somewhat spicy is good... moderately is fine too. Makes the taste more interesting as long as its not too spicy... :)

Though it might show you that there is better stuff out there than plain. And plain graham crackers are just about as boring as food gets...

A Black Falcon
I adjusted the poll. We don't even have that many members, DJ... :D

Now its a bit more accurate. Though I was generous and gave you two votes when you were the only one to espouse the virtues of graham crackers.

Oh...

http://web.kraftfoods.com/redovalfarms/rof_index.htm

:)

Darunia
Are you for real!? Only one vote for cheese crackers!?

alien space marine
I voted for cheese crackers!

This is outragous!

Who likes thin crackers?!!!!:barf:

A Black Falcon
But Cheez Its are awful...

Dark Jaguar
I never once said it degrades them, AT ALL! EVER!

I said you are BORN being a low level taster! Not liking graham crackers which I guess you aren't really able to taste the delicious honey of, while at the same time saying you like spicy foods. You see, you say it's "plain" because to you, there's no flavor. That's because you aren't physically capable of tasting much, if any, of it's flavor. You don't like all spicy foods, so you're not at the bottom of the scale.

Get a tongue print, you'll see the concentration level. I bet it'll be low. Your tongue will be black for a while though :D.

A Black Falcon
Right, DJ, of course... :rolleyes:

Plain graham crackers just are not very good. They make me think of the stale plain graham crackers we seemed to always have at church... :)

Undertow
Originally posted by A Black Falcon

Plain graham crackers just are not very good. They make me think of the stale plain graham crackers we seemed to always have at church... :)

The body of Christ needs bits of oat.

Dark Jaguar
I'm totally serious actually ABF. It's scientific fact that those who love spicy foods have low sensitivity, and tend to find many foods bland.

You seem to think graham crackers are "plain flavored". No, they are HONEY flavored. You of course aren't capable of tasting that. There's nothing wrong with it. You can handle foods I just can't due to your lower sensitivity. It's akin to being able to walk around without sunglasses due to having low sensitivity to light. In many ways this can be an advantage. However, as a result you label stuff as flavorless when it's clearly labelled as "honey flavored" on the box.

A Black Falcon
Honey... right, supposedly they are honey flavor. I don't have them often so I don't remember... they seem quite plain though. I'm sure they have some kind of taste, but its not much of one... but I think you overestimate the difference. For one, anyone can get used to spicy foods if they just try them. Its not just some inherent trait that some people have and others don't... not for the vast majority of the population.

Oh yeah, and I don't eat truly spicy (as in hot-spicy) food much. Generally just spicy like (non-hot) indian or chineese food...

I love starchy foods... I eat a lot of pretzels (Snyder's Hard Pretzels. The ones that come in the boxes, not plastic bags...), pretzel nibblers (the garlic bread flavor ones), both kinds of stoned wheat thins, wheat thins, triscuit, bread ('good' bread... as in the unsliced, recently baked stuff, not that awful stuff that comes sliced in plastic bags... and I eat it plain. :) ), etc... I would eat chips too but we don't get those very often.

OB1
Why must you call them Cheeze-its??? Name-brand representation is the main cause for all hardship in America and it prevents the little guy from making it big!!!! They're not Band-Aids, they're ADHESIVE STRIP!!!!!*

*ten points to whoever gets that reference

Dark Jaguar
In case you weren't aware, companies hate it when their brand names become household as well. It makes it VERY hard to get them to buy the brand name when everyone calls them "band-aids". I learned about this in an economy class I took. The company gets to the point where it's hard to let people know their product even exists in a way as to get them to buy THEIR brand. People hearn a commercial for band-aid brand (now they have to add "brand" to the end to make sure they know) and the people go to the store, say "don't forget some band-aids", and they pick up some other brand of adhesive medicative strips (adhesive strips? That's just tape!). Companies HATE it, so they try very hard these days to distinguish their brand, usually by mentioning what they should generally be called in the commercial. Nintendo just barely escaped this fate when all the old people who called all video games "Nintendo games" died or something. Had that stuck, Nintendo would advertise their Nintendo games, and people would say "yeah, let's get a Nintendo... How about an XBox?".

In other words, it's no evil conspiracy against the little guy. It's an unfortunate marketting negative for the big guy!

Oh, what is that actually from anyway? Is it a quote from an idiot?

OB1
Well, yeah. Randall from Clerks.

And they are called just plain "adhesive strips". I've also heard "adhesive bandages", but not "adhesive medicative strips". That's just crazy talk.

A Black Falcon
How about 'Xerox' for photocopy, 'Kleenex' for tissue, 'Coke' for soda in certain parts of the country, 'Hoover' for vacuum in England, etc... those have the same issue as Band-Aid, but not quite as bad. I don't think anything is quite as bad as Band-Aids... some of other products like the ones I listed are referred to by brand, but I can't think of any others where there really isn't another good term for the whole product category. :)

And I refer to Cheez-Its because I dislike them but not stuff like Cheetos... those aren't great, but are alright. Unlike Cheez-Its.

OB1
Cheetos aren't crackers.

A Black Falcon
Well obviously. But they are another kind of cheesy snack food. :)

OB1
But this is a strictly crackers-only thread.

Dark Jaguar
"Adhesive bandages" is a lot better than either one, not being too long OR just plain not descriptive enough to differentiate it from common tape. I'll just call them band-aids though. It may be a brand name, but it perfectly describes them in a two-syllible way. I don't care if the company hates me for it or not (and I REALLY don't care if some idiot who actually thinks companies are TRYING to get us to refer to stuff by brand name gets upset about it, what is he some sort of clerk?).

OB1
I also don't care. You missed the point.

Dark Jaguar
I wasn't aware there was a point :D. I'm just saying stuff.

OB1
:stick:

Dark Jaguar
:glurge:

OB1
:mmx1: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mmbad: :mm1:

Dark Jaguar
Why doesn't Wily or Sigma just make ALL their robots out of the same stuff the met's hats are made out of? I bet just one made entirely out of it, with not a single part of the surfact NOT being made of it, would be plenty enough. That stuff can take full blasts of MMX's ultimate buster like it's nothing!

OB1
It's because um... well you see it's just that... they're not going to....

oh never mind.

:hump:

alien space marine
I luv crack.

A Black Falcon
Because that would be 'smart'... evil madmen can't have any of that, DJ! Silly idea...

Either that or he has limited quantities of the stuff and needs to protect the most deserving enemies... and in his insanity he thinks helmet-head guys are important. :)

Laser Link
Why doesn't Wily or Sigma just make ALL their robots out of the same stuff the met's hats are made out of?

No no no. It wouldn't be cost effective? Why don't computers have bigger caches, or use ultra fast memory instead of the slower stuff? Cause it costs too dang much. I bet if Wily was able to take over the world, he would start doing it. But right now he is on a budget.

And for the record, Saltines are the greatest crackers ever. I can sit down and eat an entire box in minutes. Mmmmmmm.

A Black Falcon
The best crackers all have that 'can finish half a box in one sitting without noticing it' quality... :)

Darunia
The best crackers are cheesy and flavored.

A Black Falcon
No, cheesy crackers aren't that great. I don't like Cheez-Its or Goldfish... or cheese-flavored saltines.

Great Rumbler
I like chicken-flavored crackers.

A Black Falcon
:erm:

Yeah... do they sell them right next to the ice cream flavored pretzels? :D

Darunia
Yea, Cheezits are too salty and Goldfish are bland, but the best cheese crackers are STILL cheesy...like...uh well none come to mind but I'm sure that there are some. :)

alien space marine
I will take a gold fish and punch it through your head!

A Black Falcon
Right, there are some but you can't think of any. Yup... ;)

Ryan
Better Cheddars are nice. There's also this one off-brand, can't remember the name, but they make the best damn baked cheese crackers ever. I could demolish them without thinking even now.

OB1
Wow, we've actually stayed on subject for more than 40 posts in a row (pretty much)!

Saltines are great. So are graham crackers and goldfish crackers.

Laser Link
That's really kind asad. We stick to the topic about Crackers, but nothing else.

A Black Falcon
Goldfish are just bad. As is that awful ad jingle of theirs...

OB1
Thanks for letting us goldfish lovers know that the joy we experience while eating them is actually false. :rolleyes:

A Black Falcon
Anything I can do to help... :)

OB1
Like DJ said, you don't have very sensitive taste buds. And you're stupid. I added that last part.

A Black Falcon
No, I just don't particularly happen to like the taste of cheesy crackers...

alien space marine
Rice cakes rule!

bomberman
no, rice cakes taste like nothing at all. if it werent for the crappy flavor they put on them (and they sure dont put enough) then you would be eating nothing at all, just poofed up air designed to trick you into thinking youre actually eating something

A Black Falcon
Rice cakes... another great snack food. My favorite kind is the apple cinnamon ones, but cheese is good too... :)

Great Rumbler
You're weird.

OB1
I like rice cakes.

Great Rumbler
I have a natural aversion to anything that claims to be "healthy" and/or low in fat or sodium and meats that begin with the word "soy".

OB1
That's probably because you're naturally thin.

Great Rumbler
Yep.