View Thread : Guess why I chnaged aviatar?

alien space marine
To poke fun at the circus guy who got nearly mauled to death by one in Los vegas.

OB1
Oh how nice. :hmm:

alien space marine
:D Muahahaha!

Great Rumbler
And you're making fun of him because...?

Dark Jaguar
Generally anyone who gets mauled by an animal earned it.

Great Rumbler
Possibly, but I hardly see why it should be subject of jokes.

Dark Jaguar
Oh come on. Humans joke about people getting hurt, seriously hurt even, all the time. More than that, people always joke about those who bring it upon themselves. Stupidity deserves no sympathy.

Great Rumbler
True, but he is still in critical condition and it only happened a few days ago. I mean, there is the unwritten rule that you have to either wait till the person gets better or wait something like a week. Don't you want to follow the rules?

Dark Jaguar
I haven't heard anything about the story actually. I was just making a general comment. If this was a spectator, then there's the exception that the tiger went nuts because of a trainer and attacked the nearest living thing. That's not right at all. The tiger SHOULD have killed the shallow end of the human gene pool.

Great Rumbler
Just to fill you in a bit, about 3 or 4 days ago Roy Horn [Sigfreid and Roy] got attacked by the white tiger he was performing with.

Fittisize
Ha, I think Roy's the bitch of that whole Sigfried and Roy operation. Conan O'Brien's always making fun of Sigfried and Roy. :D

Dark Jaguar
Ah, well I've been waiting for that tiger to get it's revenge on those guys. No sympathy then.

alien space marine
The tiger is a wild animal, You either put it in a zoo and give it some peace or your let it go back into the wild to take its risks.

Wild animals especially large predators have no business being exploited to bring some humour for rich drunken vegas gamblers.

Now because of this the Animal could be put down.

The Tiger is a endangerd species so it is so sad for this to happen.
Roy probaily treated it well but had taken the risk of having a dangerous animal,So if he gets slashed by his sopposed taimed animal it is his own sole fault.

Not to mention it is funny because the exact thing happend about the same guys on the Simpsons a few years ago.

Undertow
Meh, I should of seen this thread before.

Oh well.

Dark Jaguar
Not all nouns are proper nouns you know.

Generally speaking, a person can do what they will with an animal but whatever happens to them is their own fault if they get it angry. I have about as much sympathy for them as I do for a robber who gets shot in a break-in.

OB1
Roy asked that they don't kill the tiger.

Dark Jaguar
I should hope not!

alien space marine
Whats even more strange is a guy who had a Tiger just as a pet in his apartment. It attacked him too and he lied and said it was dog but it was really a giant Cat.

OB1
You know, I really don't like it how people can use these endangered animals as props for their stupid magic shows, but I'm still not happy that Roy is almost dead. That's a terrible thing to say.

alien space marine
I heard Roy was getting better and concious atleast.

His show is finnished perhaps for the better, It is a good thing the tiger had it in for him and not one of the audience namely a small child so it could have been worse for everyone including Roy.
Atleast he wont be sued because his cat devoured a kid.

I hope the cat is put into a Zoo or some safe sanctuary instead of being killed.He is endangerd breed of animal so it would be ashame.

Great Rumbler
Originally posted by OB1
You know, I really don't like it how people can use these endangered animals as props for their stupid magic shows, but I'm still not happy that Roy is almost dead. That's a terrible thing to say.

Exactly.

Sure if you work with animals like that you're just asking for something to happen, but still saying you have no sympathy for someone who was nearly killed performing with the animals he loved is just...really cold-hearted.

OB1
DJ is evil, I tell ya.

alien space marine
Roy loved the animals, but maybe he should have thought using them soley for the entertainment of others is crueil and dangerous.

The tigers name was Mountica.

EdenMaster
Seigfried and Roy used tigers in their shows for 30 years without incident. It's not like these were tigers taken from the wild and thrown in a show. They were brought up and trained extensively for such performances, and especially not to attack people. For all we know, the tiger was hungry snd smelled Roys dinner on his breath and that was all it took.

Don't blame Roy, don't blame the tiger, blame the fact that it was not Roy's lucky day.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, I think its stupid to blame the performers... they knew what they were doing, had trained these tigers, had worked with them for 30 years... it was just an accident. It could even have been a mistake... did the tiger really try to kill him? Maybe not, since it didn't and easily could have...

alien space marine
Tigers are predators and regardless how trained or taimed you have made them, you cannot change their true nature as killers and hunters.

Domesticated animals attack people and they were breed and pretty well evolved for human use yet they somtimes prove that they are still pack hunters at heart.It doesnt matter how well intended or how trained they were an animal is still an animal and needs to be better respected.

EdenMaster
Originally posted by A Black Falcon
did the tiger really try to kill him? Maybe not, since it didn't and easily could have...

He clamped onto his neck and dragged him off the stage. I think it's safe to assume the tiger was trying to kill him.

You've got a point, ASM, but these tigers are trained for YEARS before they're allowed to perform in a show with Seigfried and Roy.

Dark Jaguar
Um, I didn't say I was happy about it. I just said he got what was coming to him. I'm also not happy when someone shoots themselves by accident, but I don't really have much sympathy for someone when they knew what they were getting into. Sure it's good that he'll survive, but it's fun to joke about how they are helping evolution along. Yeesh, have a sense of humor about these horrible human tragedies why don't ya? It's not like late night shows haven't already made fun of this already. Why can't I?

Fittisize
'Cause you don't have the seniorty.

A Black Falcon
Seigfreid doesn't think the tiger was trying to kill Roy...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/10/08/siegfried.roy/index.html

Read the article. :)

Great Rumbler
It makes some sense, the tiger probably wouldn't know that it was hurting Roy.

A Black Falcon
Yeah... but we'll never know for sure, because no one can ask the tiger. :)

Great Rumbler
True, but it's still a possible scenario.

Private Hudson
AAAAAAAAAAAA-HA! Did the tiger try to kill Roy Horn? Contradicting evidence!!

"Listen, I say it was an accident," Fischbacher said. "If it would be that the tiger would be out for killing Roy, it would [have happened] in no time."

Right, so the tiger was not trying to kill him, because he could have easily, but didn't? Afterall, a tiger is much stronger than a man, but is it stronger than..

"Roy has the will of a thousand men, and I think probably a lesser man wouldn't have gotten to this point"

..a THOUSAND MEN!?! I think NOT!

Clearly, the tiger mauled the unawares Roy Horn and dragged him off-stage, at which point Roy found his bearings, and bravely fought off the tiger with his bare hands!!

alien space marine
What I think is worse is people having tigers as pets in their apartment , for one those people dont know how to care for the animal usually, Nore can they ever make the Animal happy.
It is dangerous and is usually done for selfish reasons like just having the animal to show off and be macho man. I think someone who buys an Tiger as a pet to keep in their apartment soley for the purpose of bragging rights desserves to be eaten by a angry cat for a being desease to the human gene pool.

They are also supporting a black market on exotic pets and threatend animals,Which isnt helping those creatures in the wild.

A idiot were I used to live tried to kidnap a black bear cub from its mother in the wild , So he can make it his pet, The poor cub was saved by the spca but just after being beaten with a metal pipe and run over with a jet ski as he was hoping to knock it out.