View Thread : Another Wheel off the Capcom Nintendo wagon

A Black Falcon
First Dead Phoenix died, then they made an online Resident Evil game for PS2, then there's the $40 price for straight ports of old games, and the somewhat mediocricy of P.N.03, and now?

Killer 7 for PS2.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/killer7/news_6087187.html

Sacred Jellybean
At least it's still being released for GameCube, and won't be a port (and should therefore be optimized for GC's hardware). That's all I really care about.

A Black Falcon
But we're running out of wheels here... it isn't looking too good...

Yes we're getting stuff, but I don't see many more exclusives, just multiplatform stuff. This does not bode well for Resident Evil 4.

Still, at least they're making games and have this, RE4, Mega Man X Command Mission, and probably something else upcoming... better than nothing... it's just not up to the possible promise we had when all this stuff came out.

Great Rumbler
That's not very good news, but at least we're still getting it.

A Black Falcon
True, better than nothing...

Great Rumbler
Yeah, it's better than be cancelled completely or just being released on the PS2.

A Black Falcon
But still, "five exclusive Gamecube games"...

Great Rumbler
Yeah...

OB1
Well I can't say that I'm too surprised by this.

N_A
Its Capcom's own fault for making crappy games that don't sell.

A Black Falcon
Viewtiful Joe was good... and P.N.03 ... is for a specific audience. :D

The problem is that audience isn't that big...

Ryan
You mean, the audience that likes bland, boring and generally-uninspired shooters?

OB1
You're calling VJ a crappy game, NA??

Great Rumbler
Viewtiful Joe is an extremely fun game!

A Black Falcon
The RE re-releases fit that category... but the rest of their games aren't bad. As I said even P.N.03 has fans (if you realize it's a shooter, not an action game)...