View Thread : Next from the creator of Cowboy Bebop

OB1
Holy shit this looks awesome. It's a new anime from Shinichiro Watanabe titled "Samurai Champloo" and it looks insanely cool. Check out the official site here (http://www.samuraichamploo.com) and the kick-ass trailer here. (http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/ram_v/samurai/samurai_c_CM1S.ram )

Damn I can't wait to see this!

http://www.samuraichamploo.com/Gallery/Images/gallery01.jpg http://www.samuraichamploo.com/Gallery/Images/gallery02.jpg
http://www.samuraichamploo.com/Gallery/Images/gallery03.jpg http://www.samuraichamploo.com/Gallery/Images/gallery04.jpg
http://www.samuraichamploo.com/Gallery/Images/gallery05.jpg

Dark Jaguar
From what I can gather in that last pic, Nintendorks is in fact making a play on those two names. It's as though they are trying to give one the image of Toad of Mario series fighting with Frog from Chrono Trigger. That's even funnier, considering I never read that book...

Ryan
Bo Jackson! Woo!

A Black Falcon
... DJ, what in the world are you talking about?

Geno
I think he's talking about that Frog and Toad picture that someone had in their signature. (Forgot who it was.) I remember the Frog and Toad books from elementary school... I was in about first or second grade when I had heard of it for the first time. I don't think I ever actually read one though.

A Black Falcon
Uh, Geno, OB1 still has the Frog and Toad picture in his sig... but that doesn't make DJ make any more sense...

Geno
I have no idea why DJ brought it up in this particular thread.

As for the Frog and Toad picture, I'm on the school computer and game websites are blocked here. Therefore, images from said websites are just red X's.

OB1
That sucks.

A Black Falcon
As for the subject, it definitely looks like it's from the guy who did Cowboy Bebop...

OB1
Indeed.

Dark Jaguar
Um, ABF, it's called humor. Look at OB1's post. What's the VERY last pic in it? Yep, his sig! That's why it's funny! Yeesh...

OB1
He's a robot, silly. Robots can't comprehend humor.

Great Rumbler
Too bad it isn't directed by Shinichi Watanabe [director of Excel Saga], but still anything done by Shinichiro Watanabe I'll definitely check out.

A Black Falcon
But his sig is in every thread... talking about that in a thread about something else is odd... but more than that, you just didn't make any sense... I can't figure out what you meant... Mario and Chrono Trigger? Huh? :what:

OB1
*sigh*

OB1
Too bad it isn't directed by Shinichi Watanabe [director of Excel Saga], but still anything done by Shinichiro Watanabe I'll definitely check out.

Boy those guys with the name Shinichi Watanabe in their name sure are awesome, eh?

A Black Falcon
*sigh*

That doesn't help my confusion...

OB1
Nothing will, Brian Buchanan Falcon. Nothing will.

A Black Falcon
DJ explaining it would.

OB1
It has already been explained!

A Black Falcon
Its talking about your sig image. I know. I could tell THAT... but does DJ mean something? I don't get it...

OB1
:erm:

Geno
Toad is a character in the Mario games. Frog is a character from Chrono Trigger. That help?

Great Rumbler
Boy those guys with the name Shinichi Watanabe in their name sure are awesome, eh?

The best.

A Black Falcon
Toad is a character in the Mario games. Frog is a character from Chrono Trigger. That help?

Oh... right...

But DJ, I don't see any connection... its a children's book series! Nothing to do with Nintendo, just a funny line... :)

OB1
Oh brother...

A Black Falcon
IE its a dumb joke.

OB1
:whatever:

Great Rumbler
It's an inside joke.

OB1
One that ABF wouldn't get.

Great Rumbler
He hasn't so far, so obviously not.

OB1
He's like the fifth Wizard of Oz character who's searching for a funny bone. Haha, he's the serious Zebra!! Those animals are always serious...

Great Rumbler
...Let's write a book about it!

OB1
Alright, I'll draw pictures and maybe we could put together a radio drama! I'll do the voice of ABF!

A Black Falcon
You are acting so, SO stupid...

Great Rumbler
Yeah, but it's more like stupid-funny...or funny-stupid...you know?

OB1
You know ABF, when a problem like that confronts me I just like to sit back and relax and enjoy a mug of hot cocoa.

OB1
Dude, when you delete a message that I just responded to it makes my response look kinda weird.

A Black Falcon
Moved it to the appropriate thread, OB1... :)

OB1
What...

Great Rumbler
Most of those Nintendorks banners have something to do with Nintendo [except for that one with the guy from Nintendorks] and I'd say that even though yes Frog and Toad are from a children's book they are also characters from Super Mario and Chrono Trigger, thus an inside joke is born...you know?

A Black Falcon
I don't think it was meant that way though... the banner I mean...

OB1
Put it back. You're just making things confusing.

A Black Falcon
... GR and OB1 do you honestly think DJ's joke is funny? Or whatever... I don't get why it's supposed to be so funny it just looks to me like DJ doesn't know what Frog and Toad is so she came up with something else that doesn't make sense...

See, DJ, Frog and Toad are children's books, and Frog and Toad are friends... that banner is funny, if you know the books and Nintendorks. Of course most of those are a lot funnier if you know Nintendorks much...

Great Rumbler
What's going on here?!

OB1
ABF is screwing up Tendo City continuity. He's like Q.

Geno
Um........... I'm lost now. What are we debating? Whether or not that banner had anything to do with Toad from Mario and Frog from Chrono Trigger... or whether or not it was funny... or how much funnier it would've been to someone who knew a thing or two about Nintendorks... or what?

A Black Falcon
All of that. :)

Great Rumbler
...You know?

OB1
Ask ABF, Tendo City's official thread-ruiner.

A Black Falcon
So, GR, you know much about Nintendorks?

Great Rumbler
Not as such, no.

A Black Falcon
So you should not be one to talk about really understanding those banners.

Great Rumbler
Ah, really? 'Cuz you know...I will anyway...just because you said I shouldn't.

OB1
You should visit them regularly, they're quite hilarious. Check out the DRCs!

A Black Falcon
They definitely are funny, yes...

Dark Jaguar
Looks like my posts are untouched, or someone moved them back. ABF!

Listen, it's one thing not to get it, it's another to actually MODERATE based on your lack of understanding. It's A THROW TOO FAR! (That's funny because you never ever EVER hear that phrase but know it exists.)

Look, here's the joke. OB1 posts a bunch of pictures of a new anime. Underneath is his sig, in every thread yes, but WHO CARES? It's only funny this way! Having nothing to say about the anime, I instead choose to make a joke. What's the joke? Yeesh, I can't believe I have to explain this, and oddly enough not to OB1 but JUST you. The JOKE is that I say "that last pic" as though that was PART of his long list of anime pics! The OTHER joke is the REST of it, where I proceed to talk about how funny it would be for Frog of CT to fight Toad of Mario. I KNOW that's the actual names of those two characters! I used an alternate meaning of it instead!

THAT is humor! I'm not saying it was a GOOD joke, just that it makes perfect sense to anyone who takes half a second to analyze it.

A Black Falcon
Looks like my posts are untouched, or someone moved them back. ABF!

Listen, it's one thing not to get it, it's another to actually MODERATE based on your lack of understanding. It's A THROW TOO FAR! (That's funny because you never ever EVER hear that phrase but know it exists.)

What in the world are you talking about? You posted in this thread twice... not for a while though.

Look, here's the joke. OB1 posts a bunch of pictures of a new anime. Underneath is his sig, in every thread yes, but WHO CARES? It's only funny this way! Having nothing to say about the anime, I instead choose to make a joke. What's the joke? Yeesh, I can't believe I have to explain this, and oddly enough not to OB1 but JUST you. The JOKE is that I say "that last pic" as though that was PART of his long list of anime pics! The OTHER joke is the REST of it, where I proceed to talk about how funny it would be for Frog of CT to fight Toad of Mario. I KNOW that's the actual names of those two characters! I used an alternate meaning of it instead!

THAT is humor! I'm not saying it was a GOOD joke, just that it makes perfect sense to anyone who takes half a second to analyze it.

That's a pretty bad joke. :) I could obviously tell you were joking, but its a total non sequitur... and the game comment seems to come out of nowhere given how it's talking about a book (for reference to show that not all the Dorks banners are directly about games, look at the ones I posted -- a few aren't)... but whatever... it was hardly a big issue, you just confused me and OB1 turned it into something bigger than it was...

Ryan
I hope you guys are advertising TC on other boards as fervently as you are advertising Nintendorks here!

*stern look*

Dark Jaguar
ABF! The fact that it's ACTUALLY talking about a book but I turned it around to mean a game is the ENTIRE JOKE! Total nonsequiter? That's the entire POINT! Ever heard of IRONY? Yeesh!

A Black Falcon
I hope you guys are advertising TC on other boards as fervently as you are advertising Nintendorks here!

*stern look*

Well... um... you see...

ABF! The fact that it's ACTUALLY talking about a book but I turned it around to mean a game is the ENTIRE JOKE! Total nonsequiter? That's the entire POINT! Ever heard of IRONY? Yeesh!

Then it just wasn't a very good joke. :p

Dark Jaguar
I already said that! When someone insults themself it's done to make them immune to other people insulting over the same thing! It's a system of defense that works! Don't rock the boat!

The issue here is that you didn't get it until now.

A Black Falcon
I got that you were off topic and that you weren't serious, but didn't really get your relation between Frog and Toad and those game characters... I was thinking 'but they don't look like characters from those games' or something like that... :)

And you insulting yourself doesn't make yourself immune. Sorry. It does lessen the impact, though... :)

OB1
you just confused me and OB1 turned it into something bigger than it was...

She didn't confuse me. I knew what DJ was talking about. You're the one who misunderstood her. Surprise, surprise.

A Black Falcon
Um, that doesn't go against what I said there... DJ said something, I was confused by it and said so, and instead of you just waiting for DJ to come and explain it you make it into some huge issue it is not. Because you must use every opportunity you can to attack...

OB1
Oh I read that as "you just confused me and OB1"

A Black Falcon
you confused me, comma, and OB1... would have been better I guess.

OB1
Yes.

Great Rumbler
Grammar!!!

Ryan
We need to make TC banners and populate them all over other forums.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, and I'd think about it if I had any ability at all for art... :)

Great Rumbler
I could look into making up a few...

A Black Falcon
So do you think one reason no one finds TC in search engines is that we don't have "Nintendo" in our name? :)

Great Rumbler
Heh heh :D

Ryan
So do you think one reason no one finds TC in search engines is that we don't have "Nintendo" in our name? :)
That, and the fact that we're one of about seven hundred trillion Nintendo sites out there, and I'd wager about 5,000 or so are more popular than TC is.

A Black Falcon
But if they search for "Nintendo" will they even FIND us? :)

... maybe on page five hundred or something... but you must admit not having "Nintendo" in our name is probably a factor...

Ryan
I don't think the thought of changing our name would go over well.

Besides, even if we did, most search engines filter by traffic, so we'd still be near the bottom for a long time.

A Black Falcon
No, we shouldn't change our name. I'm just saying it's one reason, I'm sure, we don't exactly get many visitors... :)

Great Rumbler
That's why we need banners!!

A Black Falcon
Then make one!

Great Rumbler
I will as soon as I install Corel Draw!

Dark Jaguar
Any way we could change back to Tendocity.net rather than "tcforums"? Not anything major, but that was a good domain name.

A Black Falcon
Yes. I agree.