View Thread : If you could have any color lightsaber...

Dark Jaguar
What would it be?

I'd pick rainbow, but my sister already picked that, so I pick CLEAR!

Great Rumbler
I'll pick white.

A Black Falcon
Green!

OB1
How imaginative. :p

When I read this thread I thought "rainbow!" in my mind, but since your sister already took it...

I'd like to have a super bright white lightsaber, so bright that as soon as I turned it on it would blind everyone that didn't have my super-protective goggles on. I wouldn't even have to fight!

Great Rumbler
A black lightsaber would be cool.

A Black Falcon
But I like green! :)

... my second choice would be blue... :D

Darunia
A white/clear one sounds awesome, but I think I'll stick to a golden-yellow one, with an orange halo around it.

Great Rumbler
Palpatine should have a black lightsaber in the Episode 3. That would be awesome.

A Black Falcon
Sorry, just blue and green for good and red for evil... except for Mace Windu. :)

OB1
And Nick Gillard's character who will have a yellow saber.

Black doesn't really work. A bunch of fan film makers tried it and it just looks weird.

A Black Falcon
Someone had a yellow saber? I didn't remeber (or notice?) that...

OB1
That's because Episode III isn't out yet. :p

A Black Falcon
Ah. Well then, why? Is he 'special'? :)

OB1
Yes, it's Nick Gillard.

A Black Falcon
Who?

OB1
Geez, and you call yourself a SW fan... *tsk tsk tsk* :shake:

Darunia
STAR WARS
EPISODE III:
Attack of the Prequels

~Starring~

IAN MCDIARMID

JAMES EARL JONES

EWAN MACGREGOR

HAYDEN CHRISTIANSON

ANTHONY DANIELS

....and special guest starring

NICK GILLARD!!

OB1
:erm:

alien space marine
Teal lightsabre.

A Black Falcon
Umm, that doesn't help tell me who that is...

OB1
Pfft. *tsk tsk tsk* He's the fight and stunt choreographer of the prequels! He was also that gay Nazi in The Last Crusade, the one that said "Die Amerikaner...Die kaempfen wie Weiber!" after he saw Indy fight through the telescope.

Great Rumbler
I remember that guy!

OB1
:D

A Black Falcon
Oh, right, of COURSE I know the name of the stunt coordinator/some extra in a movie I haven't seen in years! :rolleyes:

OB1
If you watched any of the prequel documentaries on the DVDs then you'd know who he is. He's had as much presence in the docs as Rick McCallum has.

http://www.fuerzaimperial.com/images/making10/fimaking0017.jpg

A Black Falcon
I watched them all, yes... but I don't know any names, except for Rick McCallum and Lucas...

OB1
*tsk tsk tsk*

Great Rumbler
:shake:

Dark Jaguar
Eh, some people aren't good with names. Remember, he's like Moltar the director. Nobody sees or cares about him.

Wait, doesn't someone have a purple one?

Black is tricky, what with it BEING A LACK OF LIGHT and all :D.

Now, a nonvisible spectrum, making it transparent, THAT would be cool. You know, like that one sword in SC2.

A Black Falcon
I'm sure you could come up with a way to do a black lightsaber. :) Remember those gem things generate the beam... maybe they come in black? :D

But it'd just look odd... OB1 is right.

Darunia
So what roles is Mr. Gillard portraying, your omnipotency.

OB1
A jedi with a yellow lightsaber, my young apprentice.

Geno
Darn, rainbow was taken? I know this is similar, but... I'll take tye-dye! Love, peace, and hamburger grease! :starwars:

I feel so aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive... I see... dancing bananas and carrots...

:banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot: :banana: :carrot:

Can I have another sniff of that white stuff? :drunk:

Great Rumbler
An orange lightsaber!

Darunia
It's cool how they recycle Star Wars baddies into and from Indiana Jones baddies...

Hitler = Admiral Ozzel
Donovan = General Veers
Gay Nazi = Yellow (good guy?) jedi

Dark Jaguar
But, a black crystal would mean no light could get through! That's what black is. It's no light at all.

Great Rumbler
It could be like a black light...and make everyone's white clothing look purple.

OB1
It's cool how they recycle Star Wars baddies into and from Indiana Jones baddies...

Hitler = Admiral Ozzel
Donovan = General Veers
Gay Nazi = Yellow (good guy?) jedi

Yeah he's a good guy. He's in the movie is because he did all of the fight choreography. I believe he did the fight choreography in Indy, as well.

Darunia
I never knew he was so prominent. That's kind of like Ian Fleming's mysterious 3-second, abstract cameo in From Russia With Love.

OB1
Where was that?

Darunia
When they're on the train maybe 3/4ths through the movie, there's a very brief scene showing the train driving through a big, empty field. To the right, in the distance, you'll see an old man standing there, doing nothing with his arms akimbo. It's very brief.

OB1
Huh. Neat.

A Black Falcon
Page 5 of the Star Wars DVDs thread doesn't load...

Dark Jaguar
But GR, that's not what a black light is! Black lights aren't ACTUALLY black. They're more purple. You can tell because you can SEE it and all.

OB1
Yeah why's the DVD thread broken? Did ABF's stupidity finally break a thread?? :p

A Black Falcon
Nothing to do with me. :)

alien space marine
The Smilies did it! :rolleyes:

Fittisize
I'd like to have Mace Windu's lightsaber, just 'cause he has 'BMF' engraved in it on the side.

Is Samuel L. Jackson the coolest man on the planet or what??

Great Rumbler
But GR, that's not what a black light is! Black lights aren't ACTUALLY black. They're more purple. You can tell because you can SEE it and all.

What they could have instead is an anti-light saber. So instead of producing light like the other lightsabers it produces anti-light or black light. Cool, huh?

OB1
I'd like to have Mace Windu's lightsaber, just 'cause he has 'BMF' engraved in it on the side.

Is Samuel L. Jackson the coolest man on the planet or what??

Hell yeah!

Great Rumbler
Samuel L. Jackson is the shiznite.

A Black Falcon
And purple, too... yes, he does project an image...

OB1
Wanna know how he dies?

Great Rumbler
:rolleyes:

A Black Falcon
Not really.

Great Rumbler
It's not exactly a secret...

Dark Jaguar
Anti-light? That's bull! Perhaps you misunderstand what anti-matter is to form such a... thingy... Seriously, how would that even work? You can't EMIT black, by ANY method at all. Well, maybe if you count emitting black spray paint to be that...

Wait... WAIT! That's IT! It would throw out all manner of light absorbing stuff (stuff that sounds more scientific than spray paint would) and "corrupt" everything with this covering that needed to be washed off. And um, it could also cover the air in it, so that's why the saber would actually look black, and it would leave trails because of it, that kind of diluted away into surrounding air. Yeah, that would be cool!

Great Rumbler
Wait... WAIT! That's IT! It would throw out all manner of light absorbing stuff (stuff that sounds more scientific than spray paint would) and "corrupt" everything with this covering that needed to be washed off. And um, it could also cover the air in it, so that's why the saber would actually look black, and it would leave trails because of it, that kind of diluted away into surrounding air. Yeah, that would be cool!

THAT'S IT!!

Fittisize
You know what the BMF on Sammy's lightsaber is from?

Pulp Fiction. His wallet in that movie said, 'Bad Mother Fucker'.

:D A piece of trivia for y'all.

OB1
Hey I didn't know that. Is that true?

And of course we all know that Mace dies somehow, but do y'all want to know how he dies and who kills him?

A Black Falcon
Why would I?

Fittisize
Hey I didn't know that. Is that true?

Yeah! It was near the end of the movie, when Sammy Jackson's character asks a robber to get his wallet for him.

'What one is it?"
'The one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it'. And sure enough his wallet said Bad Mother Fucker on it. :D

I'm not 100% sure if Jackson has BMF engraved on his lightsaber, though. It's definently believable enough, and something that Samuel L. Jackson would probably do.

Sigh, if only as many people were as cool as Samuel L. Jackson. :(

OB1
No I meant is it true about the lightsaber. :D

And yeah not too many people are as cool as Sam Jackson. Wait until you see him go out in Episode III. Big big fight and a very heroic death, let me tell ya. I'll leave it at that.

Great Rumbler
Seems like I remember that from the Episode 2 DVD.

OB1
You might be right.

A Black Falcon
But they don't use our alphabet... :D

Darunia
Man, learning cursive cyrillic is hard.

OB1
Yes.

A Black Falcon
My cursive Fs are Slovenian (because I learned it there first...), and my uppercase B is ... um my own invention I think...

OB1
Those former Yugoslavs write their cursive letters all funny.

A Black Falcon
The F is so simple! Just a line up like an L and two lines across it -- the top one squiggly and the second straight. Much easier than ... uh however you do our F I have no clue and it's very odd looking...

OB1
I'm talking about vowels, specifically. And their 1's look like upside-down V's.

Darunia
The weirdest thing in the known universe is that in cursive cyrillic, a T is almost exactly like an M. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, RUSSIA! HUH? YA GOT SOMETHING YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH THE REST OF US!?

A Black Falcon
Really (OB1)? I don't remember but I thought most of them were the same...

UltraMarioMan
Red. (Red Lightsaber = Badass Sith, who here wouldn't want to be that!)

Undertow
I'd want a pink one that shoots rainbows and sparkles. It's perfectly straight to feel this way, trust me.