View Thread : The "Mother 1+2" thread...

Dark Jaguar
In this thread, we get to nash our teeth for no good reason about this game that ISN'T HERE YET! (Hey, we did it with Fire Emblem...)

What's the gives? Why am I not playing it already? They KNOW we want it, don't they?

This message brought to you by being tired and sudden realization that Mother 1+2 on the ol' GBA has been out in Japan for a long time now...

A Black Falcon
Nintendo of America thinks it won't sell and seems to have about as much intrest in brining us this game as they do Magical Vacation.

OB1
I love Nintendo for giving us Fire Emblem but hate them for not giving us Magical Vacation and Mother 1&2. Stupid NOA.

DMiller
It was never planned for a US release unfortunately. Damn NOA thinking we wouldn't like good games.

Dark Jaguar
I know! Stupid thems! We LOVED Earthbound, and there is the matter of the various Earthbound fan sites all over. Earthbound is already fully translated, and it would seem Nintendo almost fully translated Mother 1 a long time ago but decided to cancel that and release Mother 2 here instead.

Darn them! Not only that, they also haven't said anything about releasing the OTHER GBA Fire Emblem game here.

We could start a petition! *Futurama style calling of DJ a moron ensues* Okay okay, we could kidnap Shiggy and demand they release it here! It's bullet-proof!

A Black Falcon
Earthbound didn't sell that well so Nintendo thinks no Earthbound game will ever sell here, I guess...

Dark Jaguar
Well, it's not like they ever bothered advertising it (actually, I was under the I guess false impression that it sold very well, hence the extreme fandom over it, but oh well). To be honest, I don't believe any game company ever bothered advertising RPGs until FF7 came out. Rather stupid if you ask me, but oh well.

And besides that.... I WANT IT!

A Black Falcon
No, it has a very devoted fanbase but didn't sell that well. And of course how the SNES game sold many years ago is a direct relationship to how the GBA version would sell now!

Great Rumbler
*sends angry letters to NOA*

OB1
*throws away flowers that he was about to send to NOA*

A Black Falcon
Right, like you were going to do that... :)

OB1
It was valentines day!

A Black Falcon
Ah...

Great Rumbler
I was going to send them candy...:(

Dark Jaguar
But then I made this thread and taught everyone how to hate again :D.

OB1
Well it's probably for the better.

OB1
Man I really want Mother 1&2...

Dark Jaguar
You too? Frustrating isn't it?

You know used copies of Earthbound sell for like $80 around here...

OB1
I know, it's killing me!