View Thread : What's up with Penny-Arcade?

geoboy
<a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com" target="new_winda">Penny-Arcade</a>

This sure is an unusual server error.

Ryan
Wow. If the end of the world were shown to us in computer lingo, I'm sure it would be like that.

Dark Jaguar
This sort of error happens every now and then over there. No biggy, I'm sure it'll be fixed by the morrow.

Great Rumbler
It's working fine now.

A Black Falcon
Yeah that happens there every so often.

geoboy
Bah. Well it's the first time for me! :D Usually when this sort of thing happens to a website there's a blank page that says "My SQL server error. Come back later" or something.

Ryan
Yeah that happens there every so often.
But when WE get a database error, the sky is falling! :far-out:

Great Rumbler
Haha :D

A Black Falcon
I don't go there much, so I don't care as much. :)

Laser Link
Don't look at me. I only know enough of mysql to get the joke in my sig.

Actually, I would guess that their content is stored in a database on a different machine, and that was down. That could explain why the graphics are up but the content is generating errors. The one thing I can tell you for sure is that the place it was trying to access is in a Windows NTFS partition that was mounted as a Linux partition. Which doesn't really mean anything.

But you know more about computers than the rest of us geoboy, so you probably knew all that already. :)

geoboy
Oh yeah, yeah. Of course that's what I was thinking had happened :)

Hey what's that? *runs away*

Dark Jaguar
*reads sig*

....haha! Good one! I know just enough to get it too LL! In fact, via the amazing ability of humans to reverse engineer, I learned something from that!

Great Rumbler
It took me a few seconds of looking at it to get it, but I got it.

Ryan
I got it too. We really are hopeless. :D

Laser Link
Yeah. we are. If you want a shirt that says that quote, go to ThinkGeek.com, one of my favorite sites in the world. And while you are there, you should try to read all of the quotes in the <a href="http://www.thinkgeek.com/fortune.shtml">ThinkGeek Fortune</a> page... :D

A Black Falcon
I don't know any MySQL but that joke is easy enough to understand... :)

... I do know some C++ which probably helps...

Geno
That joke took me about 15 to 20 seconds to get. Not that hard. I've never even heard of MySQL either.

Great Rumbler
I know some Microsoft Excel...

Geno
=IF(CLUE(UserA:UserIV)>0,"Hell has frozen over.","Who didn't see this coming?")

Something like that... been a while since I used Excel.

Undertow
Yea, what <i>is</i> up with penny-arcade? I mean, like, totally.