View Thread : It's official!

OB1
Family Guy is returning!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/495/495464p1.html

Dark Jaguar
I SO hope it'll all be on Cartoon Network! That's probably why during their Christmas holiday stuff they are doing.... late... (but that's why it's funny) they show all their own characters and also Peter Griffin is there, but oddly enough nothing from Futurama.

Besides, it'll be one less reason to watch Fox. It would be nice to be able to ditch that channel entirely, to avoid even incidental exposure to their reality show menagure they have going.

Fittisize
Rejoice, Griffin fans, production is about to restart on The Family Guy.

No! It's just plain 'Family Guy'!!! When will people learn?? I HATE it when people add 'the's in places where tehy aren't supposed to be!

Great Rumbler
I SO hope it'll all be on Cartoon Network! That's probably why during their Christmas holiday stuff they are doing.... late... (but that's why it's funny) they show all their own characters and also Peter Griffin is there, but oddly enough nothing from Futurama.

I think CN would be the most likely to be making more episodes since they are the ones that are airing it now and have expressed a in the past to make more episodes of it. And there's the commercial you mentioned.

Dark Jaguar
CN wouldn't be MAKING them, just airing them.

Great Rumbler
I didn't bother clicking the link! :D

OB1
Of course it'll air on CN!

geoboy
I heard that the new episodes will be airing on Cartoon Network NO MATTER WHAT. It's just a question of whether or not Fox wants to air it, which they probably will considering the staggering number of DVD sales and high syndicated ratings. And where there's money to be made, there's Fox. :) I just hope they don't stick Family Guy in another piss poor time slot. I think Friday at 9:00 PM Eastern would be good, but that's just me. What's your opinion? What time slot do YOU think Family Guy should air? Debate!

Great Rumbler
Friday at 9:00 PM CENTRAL.

OB1
Fox sucks. Any of you seen Arrested Development? Insanely funny show, and probably the next to be cancelled by Fox.

Dark Jaguar
I suppose the commercials don't betray that fact. I avoided that show because I thought it would be as bad as all the rest. Then again, I avoid Fox anyway so it's not like it was hard.

9:00 PM is a pretty bad time. That's syndicated sitcoms from other networks time. This should be on at like 7:00 if it's on Fox. Keep in mind that while it'll be on CN no matter what, if Fox picks it up, CN will just be getting the episodes after Fox has wiped it's collective festering ARSE with the show, or to put it in a way that doesn't mentally abuse anyone, CN gets the repeats a few months after Fox has run the episodes of whatever season it's on into the ground. Well, that's the way it's been anyway. No matter, just nice to know Family Guy isn't doomed to being loved for a while during the reruns on CN before eventually everyone actually manages to get sick of it and they just HAVE to get something new. Oh, what of Futurama? Not as funny if you ask me, but it has it's own charms. I say CN should get Family Guy and Fox should start up new Futurama episodes (to be later aired on CN). Nice having a total of 2 channels to watch for all the things I need (CN and Science channel (EXPLORE YOUR FRICKIN' PLANET YOU APES!)).

OB1
Arrested Development is very funny. Just watch it!

Dark Jaguar
If I had any idea when it was on I would. Fox has a habit of sending their shows on weird time warps around the scheduling so I never know when anything is on. It's like trying to catch an episode of Kids in the Hall late at night on Comedy Central.

OB1
Well the last time I watched it it was on after Malcom on sunday nights.

Fittisize
9:00 on a Friday? Naw, Friday time-slots suck.

I say 6:30 on a Sunday.

geoboy
My avatar is better than yours :p

Great Rumbler
My eyes!!

geoboy
Admit it. Peter's hypnotic jiggle dance turns you on. :D I mean, who could possibly resist?

:barf:

EdenMaster
WOO-HOO! Look at that blubber fly!

Ah, the triumphant return of Family Guy, quite possibly one of the funniest animated sitcoms ever, I can't wait :).

As for a time slot, hmm...I'd say...Sunday at...10. Enough to be well into Adult Swim to not offend any overprotective mothers and get the show killed again, but early enough so that those of us who work Monday morning can still watch :D.

Fittisize
My avatar is better than yours :p

No way...it's missing the box fortress!

EdenMaster
No way...it's missing the box fortress!

And yours is missing smooth animation and flawless looping. Geoboy wins!

Dark Jaguar
Then no one would even SEE it though! Well, not on Fox anyway. As I said, that's WELL into the time that goes to sindicated sitcom reruns. A NEW show should go on at a new show time, like 7:00 or so. If it's going to be on at 10:00, then it's because it's Cartoon Network.

Fittisize
And yours is missing smooth animation and flawless looping. Geoboy wins!

But like...mine is so much funnier...the box fortress...Stewie shouting, "DAMN!", the way he thinks he is hidden from the world...it's all so funny.

Dark Jaguar
Yes we all know. You know what though? I like it more when he actually DOES have superior technology, something that shows that the SMARTEST is the one that DESERVES to rule!