View Thread : SW boxsets revealed?

OB1
From a French website (http://www.kamuiweb.com/sitev3/html/modules/news/article.php?storyid=808), and it looks like it might be legit. Three different themes, and they all look very cool. Here's an awesome translation of the article from Babelfish:

Perhaps... Perhaps not... Have circulated for several hours on the Web an address which makes some dribble more one: http://www.neuronsyndicate.com/ But what is this thus that this site? Nothing less than that a realizer of packaging DVD. It is responsible, amongst other things, the Alien anthology recently left. And its homepage announces well ahead 3 packaging for the future exit of the OT in DVD! Its three packagings have a name:

- The Final Conflict:

http://www.kamuiweb.com/sitev3/html/uploads/img40413d808170c.jpg

- Jedi vs Darkside

http://www.kamuiweb.com/sitev3/html/uploads/img40413dd946d80.jpg

- The Imperial Collection

http://www.kamuiweb.com/sitev3/html/uploads/img40413dad1d570.jpg

As you can notice it, one changes whole with the whole compared to the prelogical DVD, with in particular a resumption of the packaging of the Special Edition of 1997. However, the two others are new, and my rather superb faith! It now will be necessary to wait before a possible confirmation, however. Do not hesitate with you ballader over their site in order to make you a much better idea of its visual. Thank you in Dalsk for the screens.
EDICT (3h15, French hour): It would seem that the site of the realizer does not have any more the images... for a reason still unknown.

Indeed. I like the second set the best.

Great Rumbler
Those look pretty cool.

OB1
Now let's hope they release a giant Yoda head set ala Alien.

Great Rumbler
Yeah!

OB1
Or Yoda's penis to scare away Beanjo!!

alien space marine
Yoda doesnt have a penis he is a puppet and CG animation.

Those look great! I might just buy them as I have never bought a DVD pack like that before, The only DVDs I own are SW episode II and spiderman.

Will they have new extras in the movies or will they just be the special edition in dvd format.

OB1
It'll be the same format as the Indiana Jones DVDs. So three discs for the movies, one disc for extras. And of course commentaries on the movie discs.

Ryan
What the fuck took so long?

Why did Lucas have to spoil Star Wars two, possibly three times before he lets me watch the good ones on a DVD player?

Bitch.

Darunia
Imperial Set looks the best.

OB1
What the fuck took so long?

Why did Lucas have to spoil Star Wars two, possibly three times before he lets me watch the good ones on a DVD player?

Bitch.

:whatever:

Gee wiz, someone who at first liked AotC but then decided that he did in fact not enjoy the movie after word got out that liking the prequels is not popular, is complaining about this! Who woulda guessed?

alien space marine
It is most definently 2 years overdue.

I was wondering if they even would release it untill episode III was finnished.
I guess Lucas likes to take his sweet old time.

OB1
The original plan was to have them released sometimes in 2006, so you punks better be thankful. The only reason they're coming out so soon is because of the successful format of the Indy set, Lucasfilm realized that they wouldn't have to come up with tons of supplemental material for the OT. There really wasn't that much made, so Lucas was going to work on stuff after he finished the prequels.

Ryan

Gee wiz, someone who at first liked AotC but then decided that he did in fact not enjoy the movie after word got out that liking the prequels is not popular, is complaining about this! Who woulda guessed?
Don't be dumb. By the time AOTC came out, hating the prequels was already very much in vogue, because Phantom Menace was flat-out awful. Unlike AOTC, I never liked TPM and I never bothered watching it more than once. I liked AOTC quite a bit more, but that doesn't mean I thought it was a good movie. It was mediocre. It had good aspects that were pretty well countered by the crappy execution.

I'll be perfectly honest with you. The first time I went to see AOTC, I was quite happy, but it had much more to do with the company I was keeping than the movie. After several forced repeated viewings, maybe it was from the repetitiveness and maybe not, but I really grew to dislike the movie.

I mean, God forbid someone's opinion of something differs from their initial impression. You NEVER see that happen.

OB1
Oh please, you were so excited when you first saw the movie and then after word got out that it's not okay to like it, you went along with everyone and thought "hey, that excitement was probably just gas". I really don't give a rat's ass if you like the prequels or not, but it makes me sick how very few people can stick to their opinions if it doesn't match the general public's. It's like this whole Halo craze. How many people out their really enjoyed the single player mode? It's so incredibly flawed yet just about every gamer out there calls it the finest FPS ever made.

Ryan
I don't.

I guess the fact that disliking AOTC was okay even before the movie came out pretty much goes without saying, right? I mean, after the mess that was TPM, my expectations weren't quite so high. It was an okay movie. It was exciting. I never claimed the movie was great, or a work of art. I said I had a good time, which I did. That night was a great night, and the movie had some to do with that. But when I look at the movie on it's own, it's a basically mediocre movie.

But I am sorry. I'll never again change my initial opinion on anything. In fact, I'm giving up on Zelda 2 right this very minute, because while I did not like the game when I first played it, I am beginning to enjoy it. And I guess that makes me some kind of hypocrite or some such, especially because it may now be considered acceptable to like the game, such that it is a classic.

Darunia
They callously overused the CG graphics in Clone Wars. Using them for aliens, monsters and battles is one thing; but they should've used actors in suits for the close ups, like when they showed the clone troopers. And models for some of the space scenes.

alien space marine
I liked the Phantom Menace but I think it would have been better if,
Jar Jar Binks waisnt stupid.

Anakin didnt make such tard tantrums and make me believe that this movie was made for those under 10.

Great Rumbler
I like both of the movies [Episode 1 and 2], although I'd still have to put Episode 1 at the bottom.

OB1
I don't.

I guess the fact that disliking AOTC was okay even before the movie came out pretty much goes without saying, right? I mean, after the mess that was TPM, my expectations weren't quite so high. It was an okay movie. It was exciting. I never claimed the movie was great, or a work of art. I said I had a good time, which I did. That night was a great night, and the movie had some to do with that. But when I look at the movie on it's own, it's a basically mediocre movie.

But I am sorry. I'll never again change my initial opinion on anything. In fact, I'm giving up on Zelda 2 right this very minute, because while I did not like the game when I first played it, I am beginning to enjoy it. And I guess that makes me some kind of hypocrite or some such, especially because it may now be considered acceptable to like the game, such that it is a classic.

Playing a game for a few minutes and not giving it a chance initially is not the same as seeing an entire movie, liking it, then a few months later hating it. The better example would be playing through all of Zelda 2, hating it, and then coming back to it later and liking it.

They callously overused the CG graphics in Clone Wars. Using them for aliens, monsters and battles is one thing; but they should've used actors in suits for the close ups, like when they showed the clone troopers. And models for some of the space scenes.

Yes well said, and what an original comment. :rolleyes:

You didn't even know the clone troopers were completely CG until I told you they were.*

*actually I found out that in a few shots, there were some live-action parts of some clone troopers. Although you'd never be able to guess in a million years which parts in which shots were real.

Ryan
Playing a game for a few minutes and not giving it a chance initially is not the same as seeing an entire movie, liking it, then a few months later hating it. The better example would be playing through all of Zelda 2, hating it, and then coming back to it later and liking it.
No, it is not. However, owning a game for several years, giving it several chances, not liking it, then coming back to it later and enjoying it is another thing altogether. I don't need to finish the game to have a valid opinion, after all, who ever finishes games they don't like?

In regards to Star Wars, you seem stuck on the point that my current opinion is not the same as my first impression and you assume you know the reason for it, despite me telling you exactly why that is. Just because critics didn't like it had nothing to do with the eventual erosion of my opinion. It had more to do with the repeated viewings I was subject to after it's DVD release. It made me see the same damned thing over and over again, so not only was I tired of it tasting like beans, I was less inclined to have a favorable opinion of a movie that was okay but is now forced down my throat. AOTC is HARDLY the only movie that has affected me that way.

Face it, my friend: I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan. Therefore, I don't have to unquestionably adore everything with the logo on it. And I am allowed to change my opinion on whatever I want, for whatever reason I desire. If I were not, chances are there's no way in hell I'd be running Tendo City. :)

OB1
How long did you play Zelda 2 when you decided that you didn't like it? Sure games are longer, but you're comparing a partial experience to a full experience.

Ryan
Oh, about seven years, off and on. There is usually a point where I will be tempted to pick up a game and try it yet again. Getting the Zelda Collector's Disc was the lastest attempt. Perhaps due to a greater experience with the series or God knows what, but now I'm playing it and having fun, whereas before it was just frustrating and boring.

Knowing my save will be there when I turn the game on helps too. ;)

OB1
So you didn't like it because you thought it was too tough and slow?

alien space marine
Hopefully episode III will be make up for the first two movies short comings unless its a Matrix revolution.(Pure shit)

OB1

Ryan
http://www.internetcash.com/en/images/baby-crying.jpg
(http://www.internetcash.com/en/images/baby-crying.jpg)

OB1
:lol:

OB1
Jeez I can't stop laughing whenever I see that baby picture.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, that pic is pretty funny. :D

It'd be really cool if George Lucas won an Oscar for Episode 3 [even though it'll never happen].

OB1
It would never happen in a billion years no matter how good the movie is.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, I know. :(

OB1
C'est la vie, mon ami Bo Jackson-affectueux.

Great Rumbler
*sigh*

OB1
*le sigh*

that's french.

A Black Falcon
Looks cool.

And yes given Star Wars it'd be amazing if the movie got so much as a positive review... given how much the critics hate the series...

Fittisize
Hopefully episode III will be make up for the first two movies short comings unless its a Matrix revolution.(Pure shit)

Fuck you, The Matrix ownzzz.

Sure, Revolutions wasn't as good as Reloaded, and reloaded was as good as the original, but that doesn't make it 'pure shit'...The Matrix is an awesome series, and despite how little of Neo and Trinity there was in Revolutions...and that dumb story about Kid loading bullets to the Goliaths...and um, what the hell was up with the Merongovian? I thought I'd at least yet to know a bit more about him...and it's just too damn bad that there wasn't more of the extremely beautiful Monca Bellucci in Revolutions. :(

OB1
Every movie could use a little more of Monica Bellucci.

Fittisize
Yeah...Enter the Matrix coulda used a bit more, to.

There just wasn't enough kissing between her and Jada Pinkett Smith.

OB1
There should be a law that makes it so that every movie has to have at least some Monica Bellucci in it.

alien space marine
The Matrix trilology besides the first one all sucked.

OB1
Trilogy means all three movies, ASM.

Great Rumbler
Hahaha! :D

Darunia
*le sigh*

(Or in real French, "Le soupir".)

alien space marine
I meant the animatrix and the last two movies.(j/k)

Great Rumbler
The Animatrix and the Reloaded were pretty cool [haven't seen the third yet].

Fittisize
Don't listen to what people have been saying about the third...it's really good, but not enough Neo or Monica Bellucci.

alien space marine
The ending was desapointing and didnt give any sense of furfillment, Most people I know who were big matrix fans of original were so turned off by Reloaded that they havent seen revolutions because it didnt even interest them anymore,Infact the matrix franchise has been spoiled by the sequeils and I doubt it will recover.

Some of the Animatrix was good.

Dark Jaguar
I don't remember anyone name Monicca whatever in that movie... Wasn't everyone named after either internet stuff or Bible stuff in there?

OB1
This is Monica Bellucci in Reloaded:

http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/PLX108319.jpg

Dark Jaguar
Oddly enough, I can't place that face at all...

Ryan
She was the chick that made Keanu kiss her in front of his butch girlfriend.

Fittisize
Her name in the movie is Persephone...

If you want to see some more of her, play Enter the Matrix with Niobe.

alien space marine
She is the french mens wife.

Darunia
Mmmm tasty.

OB1
I think the fact that DJ doesn't remember Bellucci is further proof that she is most definitely a girl. :)

Great Rumbler
The word is "proof", OB1. :p

But, yes, it does make sense.

OB1
Shit, I really need to preview my messages.

Punk. :p

Great Rumbler
Bwahahaha!! *is Grammar Police*

OB1
"*is Grammar Police*"?? Pfft! YOU NEED TO ARREST YOURSELF THEN!!!!

Ryan
Bwahahaha!! *is Grammar Police*
Bwahahaha is not a real word. "is Grammar Police" is a sentence fragment.

Go back to the academy, officer. :D

Great Rumbler
It might not be a really word but it is the commonly accepted wording for an evil genius and/or arrogant winner laugh and "*is grammar police*" follows the commonly accepted third-person description sentence format.