View Thread : Yamauchi = Rich

Great Rumbler
The Japanese website GC-Inside points out something that you might find interesting. Forbes new list of billionares for 2004 is out and Yamauchi ranks at 377 with 1.5 billion dollars. He's still swimming in money despite his decline from 162nd place a few years ago. Even though he is no longer at the head of Nintendo, he works as an advisor and has funded some game developers of Nintendo machines with his personal money. If Nintendo ever were in serious financial trouble he'd probably help out.

Woah, I never knew he had THAT much money.

N-Philes (http://www.n-philes.com/php/epzzaakkkfkpuppfuvye.php)

OB1
The money has made him mad, I tell you! MAD!! Why else would he put the fate of the company on a handheld with two screens??

Great Rumbler
Well, I won't deny that he's crazy... :D

OB1
I'd like to hang out with him for a day. See what kinds of craziness happen.

Great Rumbler
That's be cool to hang out with Yamauchi for a day. You might even be able to convince him to get you a job at Nintendo!

OB1
Yeah!

Dark Jaguar
Well of COURSE he's rich! I mean, it's Nintendo! Miyamoto's almost certainly a millionair himself.

geoboy
Well yeah, but Miyamoto wasn't the 162nd richest man in the world at any time of his life.

Dark Jaguar
Big deal, if we're bragging about being WAY far down the list of richest people in the world, list me or something. Yeah, it IS pretty frickin' rich, but when you're that far down the list, you don't brag about it, you... remedy the situation...

Great Rumbler
Yamauchi should have more money than Bill Gates.

Yamauchi: I will use my powers of insanity to take your money, Bill Gates!

Bill Gates: OMG, Nooo!!

Yamauchi: Oh no! My computer which uses Windows has frozen and I can no longer use my insanity powers!

Bill Gates: Haha! My faulty products have made me victorious! *explodes*

Yamauchi: Bwahaha! I do not need your silly computers to use my insanity! I was only tricking you! *takes Bill Gates money*

OB1
*clap clap clap!*

Great Rumbler
Thank you. *takes a bow*

A Black Falcon
I didn't know he was that rich either...

big guy
maybe i'll marry him for his vast fortune...and so he can eat sushi off of my naked tummy.

OB1
:yipes:

Great Rumbler
:confused2

big guy
all i get are akward looks...

Great Rumbler
Yeah...

big guy
yeah...

Great Rumbler
Spork.

UltraMarioMan
but when you're that far down the list, you don't brag about it, you... remedy the situation...
Are you suggesting he bump off everyone who is richer then he is?

Great Rumbler
That does seem to be the case. :D

big guy
we can help! i call shotty on billy boy!

alien space marine
Yamauchi Is a magnificent bastard! Thank god he retired he would have driven Nintendo too the ground .

Not letting sqaure make games for them was moronic all because he held grudges. i remeber everyday he would come out and make angry comment at somthing.

Great Rumbler
Whatever Yamauchi did in his last few years, he was the one who got Nintendo to where it is today.

Smoke-X
Whatever Yamauchi did in his last few years, he was the one who got Nintendo to where it is today.
And if this were 1994 instead of 2004 that might mean something. ;)

Geno

That's why we hate him so much. :disgust:

UltraMarioMan
Not letting sqaure make games for them was moronic all because he held grudges. i remeber everyday he would come out and make angry comment at somthing.
No Square wouldn't let Square make games for Nintendo. You do know when Square left they intentionally convinced Enix to break their contract with Nintendo? DQ7 started development on N64...

Great Rumbler
That's why we hate him so much. :disgust:

My point is that it was because of Yamauchi that Nintendo could fall so far and still be a major contender.

Dark Jaguar
Yeah, Enix and Square were best buddies back then and when Square broke up with Nintendo Enix broke up their friendship out of sympathy, and Nintendo was all like "hey what gives Enix, I thought we were friends" and Enix was all "Back off Nintendo, I HEARD what ya done to Square and don't even think I'm talkin' to your sorry arse after that!".

Wait, no... Enix and Square were enemies back then... Sure DQ7 was for N64, but what does that proove? Enix likely went because the PS was just that much more popular and had the media they wanted, just like all the other companies.

Great Rumbler
It's been well documented [meaning people on the internet have said that's true] for years that Square convinced a lot of companies to jump ship on Nintendo. I don't know how true that is, but Sqaure WAS among the first of many to leave.

OB1
Yeah they were like the gang leaders that led all of the other little gangsters away from Nintendo. It's just like West Side Story, including all of the singing and dancing!

A Black Falcon
Yes. Enix, remember DID release a couple of N64 games... I know, I have Mischief Makers... they didn't develop it but they released it. :)

geoboy
Ah yes, Mischief Makers! Shake shake! Shake! Shake shake shake!

Great Rumbler
Shake shake!

I loved grabbing the little guys and then throwing them against the ground! Especially the ones that cried when you did that! It was so hilarious!! :D

A Black Falcon
Yeah, that was pretty funny... "People keep coming up to me and shaking me and getting money it's so cruel!" *shake-shake* "stop it!" *shake-shake* :evil:
I beat the game. I didn't get all of the crystals (not even close) so I didn't see all of the ending... but given how long the ending I did get was, that must be one really long ending if you can see all of it!