View Thread : Pictures of Me

DMiller
Now you get to see the man behind the posts. I took a bunch of pictures from the Illinois/Northwestern game I went to this past weekend. I wanted to chronicle the entire day, but my camera battery ran out after the game. Pretty stupid of me to leave the power cord for it at home. I'm hoping to eventually find the time to set-up my own webpage, but for now it's hosted on my dad's webspace.

http://homepage.mac.com/danmiller48/PhotoAlbum2.html

alien space marine
Your older then I thought.

Fittisize
I have that Game Over book....which I only bought because it was cheap. It was kinda boring. I have that picture of Kramer, too, but it's not in my room...you show up to games 45 mins. before they start. That's semi-hardcore (earliest I've showed up is seventy minutes before the Heritage Classic....but usually I'm at games about 15-20 minutes before the puck drops [or kickoff, whichever])

OB1
Cool stuff, Derek.

Laser Link
Sweet. That is a LOT of orange. Pretty cool to see such support from your school. I think my school has a basketball team, but I would never think of going. It's in a little gymnasium anyway, so I think it's kinda like the old family-and-friends-in-metal-bleachers thing. :)

Game Over is a great book. I read through it for some sort of school paper, and loved every minute of it. It was very interesting to me.

Anyway, that's pretty cool stuff Derek. I tried to do something liek this once, but before I could get the pics out of the camera my cats knocked it into the kitchen sink which just happened to be full of dishes and water. That was a Bad Thing.

Ryan
NO MEAT ARMS!

Your sister's kinda cute.

Sacred Jellybean
Those are nice pictures... what kind of camera did you use to capture them?

Fittisize
How big is that stadium, just curious.

DMiller
Sweet. That is a LOT of orange. Pretty cool to see such support from your school. I think my school has a basketball team, but I would never think of going. It's in a little gymnasium anyway, so I think it's kinda like the old family-and-friends-in-metal-bleachers thing. :)

That's the thing I loved about going to a big school. The basketball games are always crazy, and football is pretty good too unless the team sucks.

NO MEAT ARMS!

I miss Lazy. Thanks for saying exactly what he would say.

Your sister's kinda cute.

You'd better back off, I'm a violently protective brother.

Those are nice pictures... what kind of camera did you use to capture them?

It's a Fuji FinePix F401. It only cost me $140, but it has a boatload of features. I only used the .3 MP resolution setting and the pics still turned out great.

How big is that stadium, just curious.

In terms of seating it holds just over 16,000 fans. As for actual size I don't know the number, but it is the largest dome-supported stadium in the world if that means anything to you. Dome-supported pretty much means there are no concrete pillars to hold the thing up. The bottom half of the dome supports the top half. That's what you get from a good engineering school.

Fittisize
16,000? Huh...it looks much smaller. I woulda guessed around 10,000. Anyways dome-supported buildings look ugly. :)

DMiller
Didn't say it was pretty. It certainly is "unique," though. It's not a popular architecture anymore since the roof can't support much weight such as large central scoreboards.

OB1
Your speedometer reads 65 mph. You took that while driving or is it broken? :D

DMiller
Haha. My dad noticed that too, and I'm glad I was doing the speed limit at the time.

OB1
Heh.

Great Rumbler
Isn't that kind of, you know, dangerous? :D

DMiller
Don't try it at home kids, I'm a professional.