View Thread : Prince of Persia: The Movie

Great Rumbler
The entertainment publication Variety says that film and TV powerhouse Jerry Bruckheimer will purchase a Prince of Persia license in order to make a feature film out of it. Jordan Mechner, one of the main game designers of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, would help write the script for the film with supervision.

He says that it would stick close to the game but have additional, original parts similar to what was done for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which was based on the Disney theme park ride and was also produced by Bruckheimer. The film would be released by Disney.

That'd be cool if they got Gore Verbinksy to direct to it!

N-Philes (http://www.n-philes.com/php/epzluuazeaazklyazka.php)

OB1
Yeah if he could make a cool movie out of a Disney ride then he'd certainly be able to do Prince of Persia justice. Just as long as the Prince doesn't have that horrible hair style and goatee. :)

A Black Falcon
Yeah it could be good... game movies have a bad track record, but Bruckheimer is good with action movies and stuff. :)

Darunia
Pirates is virtually the greatest film ever made--or at least one of them. This prospect excites me greatly.

OB1
Greatest film ever? :muddled:

Fittisize
Uhh...no. Maybe like, one of the best films that was once based on a theme park ride....

A Black Falcon
It's not that, but it was a very good movie.

Dark Jaguar
I think it's the only movie ever based on a theme park ride actually.

Fits: OBVIOUSLY! That's why what I said is funny!

DJ: Oh...

Allow me to merely say that I have my doubts about this, but hey it might end up the next Alladin. Well, most likely not... Eh, I'll watch the previews and decide if I want to see it based on that. When it comes to movies, that's actually a very good way to decide since they tend to give away the ENTIRE plot in previews these days, well for a lot of movies.

OB1
Allow me to merely say that I have my doubts about this, but hey it might end up the next Alladin.

And that would be a good thing? I don't know about you, but I like my Prince of Persia without musical numbers... :p

A Black Falcon
Well except for Haunted Mansion, which came out sometime after Pirates also from Disney... that's also based on a ride. :)

Dark Jaguar
Well I imagine it would be without the musical. Lately though even Disney movies seem to have gone with putting the vocal song in the background rather than having the characters actually sing the song.

A Black Falcon
It'd be a good thing because Aladdin is quite good. :)

Dark Jaguar
I enjoyed it! It had a genie that sounded like a grown up Peter Pan, or maybe more like a robot that wants to be human.

Dark Jaguar
And another thing!

http://www.eviltrailmix.com/images/bilbo.gif

alien space marine
Bilbo sounds like Dildo

OB1

Great Rumbler
:shake:

A Black Falcon
People do that a lot when ASM posts...

OB1
:nodding:

Darunia
Pirates is virtually the greatest film ever made--

THATS RIGHT, I SAY WHAT I MEAN AND I MEAN WHAT I SAY! IT'S virtually THE GREATEST FILM EVER MADE!! YOU WANNA FIGHT OVER IT?

Great Rumbler
I don't think it is. *provides The List to Darunia*

Darunia
*Takes list*

It's.... got to be here somewhere! But it is isn't---oh wait, here it is; you covered it with an ink blot! Trying to fool 'ol Darunia, 'eh. You hafta get up pretty early in the morning to fool a Goron.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, it's ON the list, but between Lawnmower Man and Johnny Nuemonic. :D

Just kidding, it's a great movie and one of the best movies I saw this year certainly, but it's nowhere near the number 1 movie ever.

Darunia
I accept this compromise.

Great Rumbler
GR: *attempts to high-five Darunia* *accidentally hits a Honda Civic*

Darunia: My Honda Civic!!

Darunia
I drive a Ford Contour.