View Thread : Wal*Mart Wackyness!

Ryan
Only at Wal*Mart, baby!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=11&u=/ap/20040309/ap_on_re_us/million_dollar_bill_1
Police: Woman Tried to Pass Fake $1M Bill

COVINGTON, Ga. - A woman was caught trying to use a fake $1 million bill to buy $1,675 worth of merchandise at a Wal-Mart, and was later found with two more of the bills in her purse, police said.

<table align="left" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="1%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td width="99%">
</td><td width="5"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

The United States Treasury does not make $1 million bills, but people can buy souvenirs of such a bill at some stores, police said.

"It looks real, but of course there's nothing real about this," Covington Police Chief Stacey Cotton said Tuesday. "People do crazy things all the time. I think it's just another example of some odd things that occur."

A clerk at the store immediately noticed the bill was fake when 35-year-old Alice Regina Pike handed it to her on Friday, Cotton said.

Pike then tried to use two gift cards with only $2.32 of value on them to buy the merchandise, but when that didn't work she again asked if the clerk could cash the $1 million bill, Cotton said. The store then called police.

Pike, of Porterdale, was charged with forgery. There was no listing for her phone number in directory assistance, and she could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Covington is 32 miles southeast of Atlanta.

EdenMaster

*sigh*

This is a prime example of the steady spiral into stupidity our country seems to be caught in. First people start enjoying rap music and American Idol, and now this. Good God, where will it end?

alien space marine

*sigh*

This is a prime example of the steady spiral into stupidity our country seems to be caught in. First people start enjoying rap music and American Idol, and now this. Good God, where will it end?

American Idol?!!! You monkey nut grabber! American Idol rules!

I use to have a canadian million dollar bill of course it waisnt a legal tender ,I am surprised she thought she actually could get away with it.These bills clearly say "Not a Legal tender" on it.

Come on how is the casher sopposed to give you change?With a Million dollar bill! It would be funny if she just asked them to break up her money in 50's and 100's .

Ryan
What's funny is that she tried using it after her real forms of payment didn't work. :D

Geno
....................wow. The lengths people will go to. May as well grab some green construction paper and black crayons and draw your own trillion dollar bills. I wouldn't be surprised if someone's tried that before.

geoboy
I work for a concession stand and I was once handed a 20 dollar bill that looked very suspicious to me. After closer inspection, I saw that the bill had been printed in the 1920s! I'm surprised money that old is still in circulation... especially in paper form!

Geno
My dad has a Confederate 5 somewhere, as well as some other old forms of currency. (Did you know that they once made a silver penny? I think it was because copper was scarce at the time, or something like that.)

Ryan
In 1942? If so, it's not silver, it's steel. They're incredibly rare.

Darunia

Well, not INCREDIBLY rare---you can get one for a dollar & change at any coin dealer. I bought a couple of them.

I quite agree, EM, the people are going stupid---people want to kill babies (aka are "pro choice"), yet want to save murderers (anti-death penality.)

Great Rumbler
The United States Steady Decent into Madness.

alien space marine
I remeber once I found this really old ,very flat penny in my piggy bank , The coin was faded but you could read 1885 on it, It had this very ugly lion too.
I dont know what country its from? It could be old Canadian .

Ryan

Well, not INCREDIBLY rare---you can get one for a dollar & change at any coin dealer. I bought a couple of them.
There are tons of replicas, but I read somewhere that there are very few legitimate ones left. Under a hundred.

Dark Jaguar
asm likes American Idle... That explains a lot, though it wouldn't really matter if it was that one or any of the other idiotic "reality" shows...

alien space marine
It isnt really a reality show its more of a talent contest,Otherwise I would say your a reality show beef cake because you watch jepordy.

EdenMaster
asm likes American Idle... That explains a lot, though it wouldn't really matter if it was that one or any of the other idiotic "reality" shows...

Ugh, now I think they just grasp at straws to make these things. My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance...Forever Eden (litigation pending ;))...The Bachelor...Average Joe...it just never ends. And they get worse and worse as the seasons grind onward.

I'll admit I'm not immune to them though. I do watch Survivor. They did it first, and they did it right, IMO. All of these other ridiculous, laughable reality shows with the awful premise just make me want to gag.

And what's up with that horrible Chinese kid who couldn't sing with a gun to his head, now he has a record deal!? Steady spiral into stupidity...

Dark Jaguar
Actually "Real World" did it first, and I hated the concept then too.

Yes asm, it IS a reality show because while Jeopardy just shows people playing the game (actually I don't watch it, not that I have a problem with the genre mind you), this is purposfully cashing off of the actual human reactions themselves, shallow shells as they all are, and showing people getting paid to be complete and utter jerks. Plus it sucks for the same reasons the rest do.

Look, it's not long before reality shows start showing people washing their clothes, only with ridiculously over the top fights with the camera STAYING THERE for like 5 minutes during the "shocked how dare you stare". I HATES THEM SO MUCH!

alien space marine
I do hate all the new reality shows , It was only the few first ones that got it right .

The reason William Hung is popular is because he is funny and halirious to listen too.I would call him a Ricky Martin spoof singer.

Great Rumbler
I don't watch any reality tv shows. Although I have watched a very small few episodes of American Idol, mainly the first few and the last few. Those are the only ones worth watching really.

Darunia
There are tons of replicas, but I read somewhere that there are very few legitimate ones left. Under a hundred.

There are countless steel pennies from WWII---I don't know what you mean; maybe you're talking about proof-flawless mints or something, but they're around, and they're authentic. If I had a scanner I'd scan both of mine, and the price.

Geno
Reality TV and game shows are two different things. If you consider game shows to be reality TV just because it involves real people not acting out particular character roles, then you would have to consider the news and the weather to be reality TV as well.

But yes, reality TV blows. This is why I haven't grown out of cartoons. (Hell, the cartoons I watch have just gotten dirtier over the years, that's all.)

Great Rumbler
Cartoons rule!

Geno
Damn straight they do!

geoboy
Reality TV and game shows are two different things. If you consider game shows to be reality TV just because it involves real people not acting out particular character roles, then you would have to consider the news and the weather to be reality TV as well.

Thank You. I could not have put it better myself. :)

A Black Falcon
Reality TV people do too act out character roles... if not so much in the show (though some people surely do come onto those shows with a persona in mind) then in the editing booth... :)