View Thread : For those of you in the Chicago area tomorrow...

geoboy
I'm talking to you, Mr. Derek Miller! :) Be sure to watch the Chicago St. Patty's Day parade tomorrow. I'm marching in it for my high school band, and we'll be playing <i>Hey Pachuco</i>. We're 115th in line, which means there's a good chance we'll make it just in time before the end of the 2 hour television broadcast, so you'll be able to see us on TV. If you want to spot me, just look for the trumpet player out of step and messing up the march routine. :D

My friend and I spent about 50 bucks on a ton of St. Patrick's day crap for decorating our instruments. Plus some green silly string for God knows what. :D Whoo! :banana:

And I hear Bo Jackson will be in the parade tomorrow as well. So be sure and look for him, too!

Dark Jaguar
St. Patrick's Day is a FAKE holiday! It has no meaning whatsoever!

geoboy
And a bah humbug to you, St. Patty's Day scrooge! :p

Great Rumbler
One of my teachers at school is a big St. Patrick's Day nut. Every years he dress in a green suit, green wig, green glasses, ect.

alien space marine
St intoxication day! :disgust:

Dark Jaguar
There's the green thing and the drinking thing for some. What else? I can't even tell what the religious meaning is. Something to do with chasing snakes or something?

A Black Falcon
St. Patrick's Day is real in Massachusetts! :)

Irish, DJ, Irish.

alien space marine
Dancing Lepercons!

Thats all I can think off, That and green food coloring.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, St. Patrick's day is an Irish holiday.

OB1
Yeah I get to celebrate my Irish heritage by... well I don't drink and I don't like to paint myself green, so... well, by eating lots of green candy! WOO!

geoboy
--UPDATE--

Man was this a long day. But definitely fun! The band did pretty well, but unfortunately WGN (the only station that broadcasts the parade nationally) cut to commercial just before they got to us. I mean, Jesus, you could see and hear us in the background, and then BAM, commercial. I think we were probably on the local stations, but who really cares about that. :disgust:

The great thing about parades is that you see some crazy things while waiting in line for the parade to start. I saw the Pikachu bug car (yeah, I know it's nothing new, but I thought I'd mention seeing it drive by), and this really AWESOME guy who looked nearly identical to Johnny Depp dressed in a Jack Sparrow outfit. He even did a good job of acting drunk like captain Sparrow. Or maybe he wasn't acting? :) And a couple years ago I got Bozo the Clown's autograph. That was the year Bozo went into retirement, I think.

...what am I doing typing this? I'm so friggin' tired right now. I think I should just call it a night.

Dark Jaguar
Did you have a Noid balloon? What ELSE from the 1980's is going to be ressurected?

DMiller
That sucks that they cut you guys out of the broadcast, but anyone who gets WGN could've seen you since it's broadcast nationally. Anyway, St. Patty's Day is an awesome day in Chicago. We love holidays where you are just suppose to party. :)

geoboy
Oh, quickly! There was one other intriguing thing I forgot to mention.

Our school mascot is a pirate, and his costume is well... interesting, to say the least. Anyway, there was this one Japanese tourist who seemed absolutely thrilled with our mascot and insisted he get his picture taken next to it.

I dunno. It's just one of those things where you had to be there for it to be as funny as I found it to be. :D

Dark Jaguar
Wait a sec, just realized something. Was it St Patrick's day today? Not a single person while I was out was celebrating it in any way shape or form nor were there any decorations. Oklahoma barely acknowledges it's existance, and there's a lot of people of Irish decent here. Of course, not a single one of them can actually TRACE themselves that far back. Family trees aren't a hobby for people here. They can trace their histories as far back as the oldest people in their family they've ACTUALLY met, and that's it. Myself included. This might be part of the whole mindset people here have towards life in general. With no grand story of arrival, they just ARE, so what's the big deal?

Dark Jaguar
Pirate costume interesting? Well, they look ridiculous as it is, so what was it a ninja pirate? A cowboy pirate? An evil politician demon zombie ghost pirate?

A Black Falcon
Were people wearing any green on them, that is the question...

Dark Jaguar
As far as I can remember, no more than usual, which is next to none.

alien space marine
St patty's day became big in north america when the irish minority pushed for recognition of their history and stuggles,but Now that most irish are not under priviledge and no longer need to play the victim , St Patty's day is just a excuss too party the same as new years eve.

Great Rumbler
St. Patrick's Day is on Wednesday, but they have the parades on the weekend, because, frankly, you just can't have a parade during the middle of the week.

Dark Jaguar
Sure you can, who's gonna stop them? Society? Pfft, they'll realize what's important when they're playing the monopoly of the DAMNED like the rest! Oh yes, they'll have their precious "Park Place", and they'll recieve their rent, IN THE BODIES OF THEIR LOVED ONES!

Someone: Wow that was harsh...

DJ: I've killed the man's buzz. I am VICTORIOUS over the buzz!

Great Rumbler
Sure you can, who's gonna stop them?

It's an unwritten rule of the galaxy! And as everyone knows one of the main unwritten rules of the galaxy is that you can't go against the unwritten rules of the galaxy!

Capt.Jack_Sparrow
Hey, I know that pirate guy!

http://www.sithcamaro.com/pirates.jpg

geoboy
HOLY SHIT. Who are you??? Do I know you? How did you get that pic of petey?

OMG this is really weird.

geoboy
Okay, so I take it you're <i>the</i> guy who was dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow at the St. Patrick's Day parade? I bet you found this thread by doing a Google search similar to something like <a href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Chicago+St.+Patrick%27s+Day+Parade+Captain+Jack+Sparrow&btnG=Google+Search">this</a>. Tendo City is very poplular with Google, so I can see how you stumbled upon this thread, but DAMN. This is too strange.

Capt.Jack_Sparrow
:rofl:
You hit the bloody nail on the head!

Dark Jaguar
My theory was wrong, yet I still suspect Jack of being SOMEONE here.

These are the Jacks I know I know, these are the Jacks I know...

Ah but GR, WHICH galaxy is the question. There are millions of them ya know. Is it even a spiral shape like ours, or one of the barrel-armed, or what?

geoboy
Wow! This is freakin' awesome! Glad to meet you, Mr. Sparrow dude. I know a girl in the band who got her picture with you who'd just love to have your email address. :D She kinda has the hots for ya. lol.

Oh, and somebody please do an IP check to confirm it isn't just lazyfatbum or someone playing with my mind. It couldn't be, though, because there's no way lazy could get that picture.

Great Rumbler
It's an extravaganza!!

Dark Jaguar
Shut up and eat your cheese sandwitch!

Great Rumbler
I already did, though...

Capt.Jack_Sparrow
hahaha
No, this is the real deal. I was searching Google, to see if anyone had pictures from the parade up.
If you didn't get the idea from the Petey link, my site is www.sithcamaro.com (http://www.sithcamaro.com), chock full of different costumes, that I've put together.

Ryan
Google DOES love Tendo City. You see how we almost never have fewer than twenty 'guests'? Well, usually about two-thirds of them are really Google spiders.

Anyway, welcome aboard, Cap'n. Yarr. Good ta have ye on the deck, scurvy! Ar!

A Black Falcon
But WHY does Google love TC? :)

Great Rumbler
Teh monies.

OB1
Teh tacos.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, that too.

Laser Link
Mmm, you are making me hungry.

Dark Jaguar
Taco money!

Sacred Jellybean
But I need these moneys to buy nutrients!

Great Rumbler
Well, WE need the money so that Google will rank us near the top of a bunch of searches!

Dark Jaguar
TACO MONEY!

Great Rumbler
Google money!!