View Thread : Battlefield 1942

OB1
I just played this game for the first time last night at my friend's house and all I can say is "OH MY GOD IT'S LIKE CRACK!!". Seriously though, the game kicks ass. I'll be getting it as soon as my 9500 Pro comes in the mail.

So do any of you have thise awesome game? We should get together and make Tendo City teams and stuff like that. It would be like, totally rad! Like, omigod!

A Black Falcon
I played the demo (Wake Island, I think it was) a few months ago... better than your average online FPS. It actually held my intrest for a while... unlike games like Unreal Tournament 2003 (that game bored me within well under half an hour). I didn't get the full version, of course... I don't buy FPSes much, and when I do its when they are cheap... I don't play them much so don't find them worth a full $40 or $50...

Great Rumbler
I've got it, but my ISP is to slow to provide any kind of online play. But killing bots with tanks and such as still pretty fun!!

javapimp
This is THE game that keeps me away from my Xbox. When you get on a good server with a decent number of people you know, you will have the best time ever. On a side note the Road To Rome expansion should be shipped or out tomorrow ($20)... and EA released the 1.3 patch today (finally)

OB1
Woo! Last reply everywhere!

A Black Falcon
Well doesn't that make you feel special.

Um... now that you have a better PC, will you play any online games OB1?

OB1
Soon as I get everything sorted out with those sumbitches at ibuypower.

Ryan
Meh, this forum is good mostly for getting that last post. :shake:

A Black Falcon
Probably true...

OB1, what kinds of online pc games do you play?

OB1
I only recently started playing some PC games online. I've had too much work to do.

Right now I've been playing the multiplayer demo of Battlefield (Wake Island) and I just can't get enough of it! I only have the demo and so far it's the most addictive multiplayer game I've played in years. So go d/l the demo and I'll try to find you online tonight, okay?

Oh and after I get better at Shogun I'll start playing online. And I better get Starcraft this friday...

OB1
How many people here at TC have this game, aside from Hudson? I think it would be really cool if we put together a TC team, or at least got together every so often in a TC-exclusive room.

A Black Falcon
I just have the demo... FPSes are very low on my buy list...

OB1
Well then play the demo. Let's meet on msn right before we play.

Undertow
This is one of my favorite online games, I recently bought a radeon 9800 pro to play the game (I had a geforce 2 before) but my damn video card is acting up. This does not make Undertow a happy boy.

OB1
As soon as I get my cd writer fixed we can play some, alrighty? If only GR (the only other Battlefield player here) had a cable modem...

Undertow
Sure thing, if your AIM# isn't in your profile you should PM it to me so we can arrange games.

OB1
Okie-dokie.