View Thread : Nintendo to show Metroid Prime 2 and Wind Waker 2 at pre-E3 conference

Smoke-X
Two of the biggest GameCube titles of the year will join the Nintendo DS at the company's pre-E3 press conference in May, sources close to the company have revealed, with new Zelda and Metroid games both set to appear.

According to our source, attendees at the platform holder's pre-E3 press conference will be treated to a presentation of both Metroid Prime 2 - the highly anticipated sequel to Retro Studios' stupendous first-person action-adventure - and the next GameCube Zelda game, which was first mooted by Nintendo of Japan in late 2003 for release by the end of this year.

</INTRO>The same source was unable to confirm whether Mario 128, as the next Mario title has been dubbed in the media, would be on display. Nintendo itself has happily confirmed that the title is well on into development in the past, but has been reluctant to show it off - reportedly in case a competitor decides to cull its ideas.

When contacted earlier this afternoon, Nintendo Europe told us it "does not comment on rumours, especially Internet rumours," and hasn't made any announcements relating to its E3 showing at this time. Other, that is, than the planned unveiling of Nintendo DS.

The showing of key titles such as Wind Waker 2 and Metroid Prime 2 ought to silence critics who have claimed that Nintendo is winding down support for the GameCube in order to focus on the forthcoming Nintendo DS platform and even on its next-generation home console platform, N5.GamesIndustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=3150)

With Nintendo showing the N5, the NDS, possibly Mario 128 and now Metroid Prime 2 and Wind Waker 2 this E3 is set to be one of the most exciting in years.

:far-out: :far-out: :far-out:

OB1
If they're playable, hell yes. If not then don't expect them this year. I'm sure that at least MP2 will be playable though. Hopefully the same goes for WW2.

Great Rumbler
That will be awesome if they show them!

OB1
Miyamoto said that we'd be playing a new GC Metroid and WW sequel this year so they better be playable. I wouldn't be too surprised if WW got pushed to early next year in the U.S. like WW, though.

Great Rumbler
If they're coming out this year, then they'll most likely be playable.

OB1
Yeah I'm sure they will be. It's just that after last year's extremely dissapointing Nintendo E3 showing, I'm a bit weary. I'm sure it'll be an amazing E3 though. I mean come on, a new Metroid and Zelda shown at the same time? That's just crazy! And then there's the new GBA Zelda which better be shown... So we should see TWO new single-player Zeldas and one new Metroid! Best E3 ever with just those three games.

Great Rumbler
And then there's the DS and possibly the N5! It's gonna be an extravaganza!!

OB1
Totally!

Matt from IGN says that there will be a single level demo of Prime 2 at E3. Check out the mailbag.

Great Rumbler
Awesome! I can't wait to see what it looks like!

OB1
Yeah!

... yeah...

Great Rumbler

*breaks down in tears*

OB1
No really, I mean it!

*insincerely high fives GR*

Great Rumbler
GR: *attempts to high-five OB1* *accidentally hits an oil tanker*

OB1: My oil tanker!!

OB1
That's not oil, that's--DARK MATTER!!!

Great Rumbler
Nibbler poop!!

OB1
Save the penguins!

Great Rumbler
Dolphin meat: It's tuna safe!

OB1
Yeah!

Great Rumbler
You watched it! You can't UN-watch it!

OB1
Yes... yes I can!

Great Rumbler
No, you can't.

OB1
Yes... I, can.

Great Rumbler
Dude, you totally can't, so just give it up.

OB1
*stares real tense-like at GR*

I. Already. DID.

Dark Jaguar
No you didn't!

Great Rumbler
Yes, I didn't!

OB1
No I did!!

Great Rumbler
Yes, you totally didrn't!

OB1
.... did too...

I have a really bad stomach virus. I've had it since saturday, damnit.

Great Rumbler
*laughs at OB1's misfortune*

Unless it's like life-threatening or something, if that's the case just ignore this post...:)

A Black Falcon
But Saturday's tomorrow! Wow, it's so bad it goes back in time and hurts you yesterday?

OB1
:erm:

You know, there was also a saturday 6 days ago.

Dark Jaguar
ABF, how did you manage to think he could only have meant "yesterday" when he said the actual NAME of a day of the week? No one does that unless it's the day before yesterday or BEYOND.

OB1
You know, at this point I just try not to think of how his train of thought works. :)

Great Rumbler
Quirky.

A Black Falcon
Morons!

joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jk)
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal.
1. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

It's Friday. Saturday is tomorrow. He says he's been sick since Saturday. So of course he meant tomorrow and he's so sick it goes back in time, right? :)

Great Rumbler
I don't get it...

A Black Falcon
Then you are stupid. And when you explain a joke it becomes un-funny... so explaining it more is pointless...

Great Rumbler
Then you are stupid.

No, your FACE is what's stupid. :p

Dark Jaguar
That joke is only apparent when it's explained. As you said, explaining it removes it being funny. Thus, I submit that wasn't a joke at all.

lazyfatbum
GREAT RUMBLER SUCKS AT TELLING JOKES

Dark Jaguar
Um, that was ABF who made the stupid joke, then GR made one, but it's funny because it sucks SO horribly it's funny. That's what makes it funny.... SCIENCE!

lazyfatbum
It was directed soley at Great Rumbler, who in fact sucks at telling jokes.

Great Rumbler
My jokes are funnier than the jokes of Ben Stein, who in fact does not make jokes [at least not that many] but if he DID mine would be funnier. Scientists have proven it, so there's no use denying it, Ben! Oh, I almost forgot. *hands lazy a box with a badger in it* It's got a badger in it, you know.

P.S. :far-out:

OB1
I think GR's jokes are funny. Just look at his comics!

Great Rumbler
There's 78 of them!

OB1
I know!

UltraMarioMan
...When did Lazy come back?!

Dark Jaguar
Um, about two weeks ago he started posting fairly often. The better question is, when did YOU come back?

Great Rumbler
He came back today, I think.

lazyfatbum
ULTRA MARIO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont really have anything to add to that. Just hi.

Great Rumbler
The grass of the field is ever greener today, I think.

Dark Jaguar
:returner:

For that matter, I forgot. Super Mario Sunshine had a nice amount of voice acting. All the cinema scenes were fully voice acted I believe.

OB1
And they were terrible. The cinemas and voices that accompanied them were an absolute disgrace and really showed how incompetant Nintendo is when it comes to that sort of stuff.

lazyfatbum
It's a style of anime for children. Music is too loud and dialogue is garbled but the camera angles and body movements are perfect. Remember the cut scenes in Sonic games? Same thing.

OB1
The CG was terrible, it actually looked worse than the in-game stuff. And the animation was first-generation PSX bad, something you'd expect from Midway in 1997.

Dark Jaguar
I thought it was just cinema scenes, not actual FMVs. Eh, anyway it did the job just fine. I didn't have a problem with it. Eh, it was good, not great, but... good enough.

OB1
It was FMV, believe it or not. When you have games like PoP and BG&E with really fantastic cinemas you expect a lot more from Nintendo. Compare to the cinemas seen in Sony's platformers (R&C, Jak II, Sly Cooper), the Mario Sunshine stuff is terribly amateurish. It's not an extremely important part of a Mario game, but it's better to just completely drop the cinemas if they're going to put such a half-assed effort into them.

Great Rumbler
The graphics in Mario Sunshine were good enough to were they could have to just used them for all the cinemas [with maybe a little tweeking].

OB1
I know, but for some odd reason they used crappy FMV. Ubisoft did the same thing with Splinter Cell, where the FMV looked worse than the game itself.

Dark Jaguar
I was fine with the FMVs anyway. I'd certainly rather have them than nothing there at all. It was okay, heck it was more than okay, it was adequatly satisfactory.

OB1
It was hack work. I'd rather have no cinemas than really awful ones, especially since you can't skip them. They were just so bad. Horrible animation, dialog, and voice acting. And the FMV plays in stores like Best Buy and Game Stop! It really doesn't help Nintendo's image.

Dark Jaguar
Why do you want me to hate it? I'm happy being fine with it!

Sacred Jellybean
It was a joke to ABF, though.

Just no one else.

OB1
Why do you want me to hate it? I'm happy being fine with it!

You should expect more from Nintendo.

It was a joke to ABF, though.

Just no one else.

What?

Sacred Jellybean
What I meant is, ABF intended it to be a joke, but no one else saw it as such, because it isn't funny.

OB1
He intended what to be a joke?

Sacred Jellybean
Nevermind.

OB1
What is it? You can't just come into a thread, say something really confusing, and then leave without telling us!

Sacred Jellybean
Sure I can, if I want to be a pain in the ass. ;)

Actually, I was replying to this:

That joke is only apparent when it's explained. As you said, explaining it removes it being funny. Thus, I submit that wasn't a joke at all.

It was the last post on the first page, so I posted without realizing that there were more posts. I simply used quickpost to reply to it, thinking a quote would be unnecessary.

THERE, are you HAPPY?!?!?!?!?!? :(

OB1
Haha....

no

lazyfatbum
hahaha :D

Sacred Jellybean is unt crazy in da head, ja

Sacred Jellybean
Haha....

no

Man, nothing I ever do pleases you. :(

lazy - Well, at least I'm consisent. :flowers:

Dark Jaguar
OB1 isn't pleased by anyone. He has higher standards than GOD. Didn't you read his biography? Yes, it wasn't actually MENTIONED, per say, but it was obvious from the pictures.

Sacred Jellybean
Yeah, even GOD enjoys ribbed condoms and fine wine. OB1 does not. He sleeps on a pile of cement blocks and has a sex drive that's equivalent to my grandmother's after she's taken a couple valium.

A Black Falcon
... well I thought it was funny. So there.

Great Rumbler
I didn't think it was funny.

So THERE!

big guy
oh man, grammies on vallium...talk about a wild night!

OB1
Well I'm sorry that my standards aren't so ridiculously low (like DJ's) that I expect FMV from Nintendo better than Pandemonium's FMV, even though they are the biggest fucking game developer in the UNIVERSE. Yeah, I'm just totally retarded for expecting something that doesn't make my eyes bleed from them, something that was most likely created by a drunken EAD team on New Year's eve. So, so stupid.

Dark Jaguar
Yeesh, that was harsh. Why are you SO insistant that I hate those FMVs? I'm HAPPY being adequatly satisfied by them! I don't WANT to hate something I really have no desire to! Calm down, will ya? Why not find something ELSE about Nintendo to complain about? Here, have a "bad advertising campaign in America".

OB1
Hey you brought it up. EAD has shown that they can make high-quality cinemas with Wind Waker, so there's no reason why Sunshine's FMV should have been so incredibly awful. Nintendo is struggling with their image enough as it is, and stuff like this only makes things worse for them.

Dark Jaguar
Brought it up? Yeesh, all I did was mention they had voice acting. But, no, I won't continue this thing. Just don't try to force other people to hate the things that you hate.

Anyway, moving on, I just realized something. Star Fox 64, which I THINK is made by EAD, had FULL voice acting from start to finish (except the training level computer). It was pretty good too. Ya know, Super Smash Bros. Melee also had voice acting, and a good chunk of it, throughout that game. That was a HAL game though, so eh. Still, my point is Nintendo really doesn't seem to have a problem with voice acting. If it wasn't for that quote OB1 listed, I would have simply assumed a Zelda game with full voice acting was only a matter of time.

OB1
I wouldn't call Star Fox 64's voice acting good, but they have shown in the past that they can have decent voicework for their games, and decent cinemas. They just totally dropped the ball with Mario Sunshine. I can't believe you actually liked that FMV...

A Black Falcon
The question is is that voice acting Japanese or English in the Japanese version...