View Thread : FINALLY decided? (MLB)

A Black Falcon
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1779131

This should help anyway. And I'd say that if it must leave Montreal (:(), Washington is the city that deserves it the most...

N-Man
Going to the opener at the Olympic Stadium, on April 23rd. :banana:

A Black Falcon
This season looks like it might really BE the last year in Montreal...

DMiller
Man, I have to get to Montreal before it's no longer used for major league baseball. I know Olympic Stadium isn't a great baseball stadium, but I've vowed to see as many stadiums as possible in my lifetime and I'm only up to 10.

Fittisize
Geeze...Washington deserves it most, yeah (as long as they don't turn the Expos into the Capitals of the MLB). Not Virgina, though, nooooo. Yeesh this sucks. Stupid baseball.

But a good thing about this season is the The Score is broadcasting 27 Expos games...that's a lot better than the usual 4 that they show on TV, all on TBS vs. the Braves (which are all away games).

OB1
So... which team is Bo Jackson on? He's not on the... *looks at sig*... blue... team? The KC team anymore?

alien space marine
You can take the sub way straight too the olympic stadium , theres a terminal right inside the building.

I wonder what the stadium is gonna do with the Expos gone?

A Black Falcon
They'd BETTER call them the Capitals! That or the Nationals, but that name was used just in the very early 1900s and they switched to the Capitals a long, long time ago...

Oh and last year ESPN called Olympic Stadium one of the very worst stadiums in baseball. :)

Fittisize
Washington already has a team called the Capitals, though. Nationals wouldn't be bad, just as long as they dont' call themselves the Senators. There's already a team called the Senators in pro sports. No room for another.

Oh and last year ESPN called Olympic Stadium one of the very worst stadiums in baseball.Phh, ESPN also had the Expos as number 97 on the top franchise list (out of 120 teams) so it shows how much they know (they had your Sox at 95, just so ya know). However the Oilers were the highest ranked NHL team, but the Flames were at 52. How'd they get so high?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportsnation/franchiseRanks?year=2004#nhl6

A Black Falcon
Erm sorry. You confused me. It'd be the Senators of course. The MLB team was first so they can call themselves it if they want! If it goes to Washington and is anything else I'd be pretty dissapointed... 'Nationals' is older, and wasn't used for as long. They were the Senators until they left for the final time in the early '70s...

Fittisize
The Ottawa Senators were a professional hockey team in the early 1900's. They had the first Stanley Cup dynasty, and have their name on the cup more than a couple of times.

So find a new name. :p

A Black Falcon
1901? Well okay I don't know when they started being called the 'Senators', but that's when the team was founded anyway...

N-Man
According to www.sportsecyclopedia.com, the Ottawa franchise was founded in 1884 as the Ottawa Generals, whereas the Washington Senators were founded in 1886. In 1901 the Washington team was re-christened Nationals, and in 1902 the Ottawa team changed its name to Senators.

Fittisize
That website says that Kovalev took a dive last night to cost the Canadiens the game. And since when has he been "notorious" for diving?? Insanity. They also say that the Flames haven't won a playoff series in 15 years, even though they won the Cup in 89 (which sucks. I hate the Flames)

A Black Falcon
... '89 was 15 years ago... :D

And so the only question I have left is 'when did the Nationals become the Senators again'...

Fittisize
... '89 was 15 years ago...
That's right.

A Black Falcon
... right ... But those dates? Shouldn't they be easy enough to look up if you look in the right place?