View Thread : Skies of Arcadia

big guy
i picked this game up new for $20 the other day and i must say that it's great. i really liked what i saw when i watched my friends play it on dreamcast, and i'm glad to finally be taking the helm as i play through it on my gamecube.

so far i have not found the random battles to be an issue at all, except in the south ocean where the winds slow you down to a crawl...there they can get excessive after a while, especially since i don't know where to go. the graphics are also pretty bad...i don't remember the characters in the dreamcast version being huge blurry pixelfests...but i assume they were because they sure are now...with the exception of the updated main characters who look like they're from a completely different game...it's rather funny. they're the only people in the game with high-res textures and fingers.

anyway, anyone with $20 lying around who, like me, waited forever to get this game, should go pick it up right now. or, whenever you can.

A Black Falcon
I like to explore in games but random-combat RPGs keep me from doing much of it because the random battles just along the quickest path I can figure out are more than enough... which is why I didn't get all that many of the discoveries. Oh, I have some, but not nearly all... just not worth the frusteration. Especially when once you get the upgrade you can avoid the worldmap battles alltogether... :)

big guy
yeah, that upgrade will be nice

Laser Link
Another one hooked for life. :) Let's all cross our fingers for a sequel to be shown at E3.

A Black Falcon
Yes.

I really liked it... the only kind-of-odd thing was a few things about the story, but I don't want to ruin things for someone who hasn't finished it so I won't say anything... I know that it's nearly impossible to resist highlighting spoilers. :)