View Thread : More Final Fantasy on the GBA

Great Rumbler
Square Enix producer Takashi Tokita mentioned that the company is planning for a new Final Fantasy RPG title for GameBoy Advance, which is completely new and original. Also, Tokita mentioned that Nintendo has requested them to translate the classic RPG Final Fantasy III for GBA, but after negotiations the companies agreed on developing Final Fantasy I & II Advance instead.

It's almost more Final Fantasy than one system can handle!!

Magic Box (http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm)

Dark Jaguar
It's like Square-Enix doesn't even WANT to give us the 3rd game in the series... EVER!

Unless they are planning on releasing it on PS1 first. Either way, Seiken Densetsu 3 should eventually get here too.

Great Rumbler
They're probably going to release the FF games on the GBA in order. Makes more sense that way...I'm looking at YOU, Nintendo!

Geno
If they skip over FF3 and release FF4, 5, 6, etc. for the GBA instead, I am going to be very upset with them. So upset, in fact, that I will use my friends as punching bags and pretend that they are Enix peoples. Yes.

OB1
Yay for new and original FFs!

A Black Falcon
'Instead'... that sounds bad for us getting FF3 also...

Great Rumbler
Not necessarily.

Nintendo: Let's bring out FF3 on the GBA.

Square-Enix: How about we bring out FF1-2 on the GBA instead? We can always bring out FF3 later, it make sense that way.

Nintendo: I don't know about it making sense...but okay!

Geno
If they don't release FF3 in the US, does that make it legal to download a ROM of FF3, translated, and keep it? After all, they leave us with no other option. :D

Dark Jaguar
I honestly don't follow how it could be legal just because you have no other way to do it. The law basically says you can't play a translated version of FF3 right now. Deal.

Great Rumbler
If Square-Enix didn't want us to download translated roms they'd release it over here. Simple, really.

Geno
Yes, very true. They're obviously not desperate.

A Black Falcon
But it's still technically illegal. I think that the fact it was copyrighted in Japan makes it illegal to download it here...

Ignore it if you want, fine, but don't pretend it's legal.

Geno
I didn't think it was. I don't even have a ROM of FF3 anyway.

Great Rumbler
I don't either.

Dark Jaguar
Hmm, actually I just as well assumed they already copyrighted a lot of their games even though they weren't released here in America yet.

EdenMaster
:poop:

JUST PORT FINAL FRIGGEN FANTASY IV, ALREADY!

A Black Falcon
No, DJ, what I mean is that if it's copyrighted in Japan it counts as if it's been copyrighted here... I'm not sure if that's correct, but I think it is. If it's been copyrighted in one of the many nations we have agreements about this stuff with -- including Japan -- for issues like this, creative/artistic works (I think), it is copyrighted. The fact that it isn't copyrighted in the US doesn't make it legal to distribute that copyrighted material here. Legally.

Dark Jaguar
4 is already out, twice over! Get an old SNES and FF2 (US SNES version of course), or for a non-neutered experience, get a PS1 and FFChronicles.

What we DON'T have is 3!

EdenMaster
4 is already out, twice over! Get an old SNES and FF2 (US SNES version of course), or for a non-neutered experience, get a PS1 and FFChronicles.

I already have BOTH! I want portability!

Great Rumbler
I think Square released it on the Wonderswan.

Dark Jaguar
Yes they did, twice, once without color, and again with artwork that was better in some ways apparently than the SNES version, but the sound was NES level.

Geno
GBA is a handheld that everybody has though. (Except for LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dark Jaguar
Exactly, but that's NOT the game we don't have yet. The game we don't have yet is FF3, so that FIRST I say (after this game they already announced), and THEN the rest.

Geno
Exactly, but that's NOT the game we don't have yet. The game we don't have yet is FF3, so that FIRST I say (after this game they already announced), and THEN the rest.

I second that. After they release FF3, I don't mind if (and in fact, insist that they) rerelease FF4, maybe 5, and definitely 6 on the GBA.