PDA

View Full Version : Fromage should be the flavour

alien space marine
23rd April 2004, 5:51 PM
Of this month ,Almost nobody post in here , So we may has well celebrate the glory of cheese , Without it burgers would blow and greek salads would never be the same without feta cheese.

favorite cheese.

1. Feta Cheese

2. Swiss cheese

3.Parmesan

Great Rumbler
23rd April 2004, 6:19 PM
Here are my favorite cheeses:

1. Imported Swiss
2. Mozarella
3. Muenster

OB1
26th April 2004, 10:25 AM
The best cheese in the universe if this cheese you can only get from old granny's in Croatia who sell their home-made cheese on the roadside near Plitvice. *waits for lazy to make a joke about this*

The next best cheese just about anything from Holland, especially their gouda.

*sobs*

Man I miss good cheese... :(

Great Rumbler
26th April 2004, 12:09 PM
Wal-Mart has some pretty good imported swiss in their deli.

OB1
26th April 2004, 12:31 PM
Man... I really miss good cheese.

I wonder if Minka misses Dutch cheese. Going from the country with the best cheese to the country with the worst cheese must have been pretty rough. Unless she's lactose intolerant or something...

Darunia
26th April 2004, 4:55 PM
A really nice swiss cheese is bliss. Provolone is good too---American cheese is so blah.

A Black Falcon
27th April 2004, 10:58 AM
Cheddar is good. White better than yellow. :)

... oh, and goat cheese is great! Especially herb and garlic (the soft, spreadable kind... goes great on crackers...)

OB1
27th April 2004, 11:34 AM
Good goat cheese is wonderful.

A Black Falcon
27th April 2004, 12:00 PM
Yes, yes it is.

Great Rumbler
27th April 2004, 12:05 PM
I don't think I've ever had goat cheese before.

A Black Falcon
27th April 2004, 1:17 PM
Sad...

OB1
27th April 2004, 1:23 PM
Why don't you just say "dude, you should go to a market and buy some"?

A Black Falcon
27th April 2004, 1:44 PM
Do they have it in rural... wait, he lives in a rural area, it should be somewhere... :)

So yes, go get some. And preferably not plain, unless you like plain...

Darunia
27th April 2004, 2:22 PM
:goron: !!!The Russian word for cheese is CbIPb (pronounced "sore")!! :goron:

Great Rumbler
27th April 2004, 3:14 PM
Do they have it in rural... wait, he lives in a rural area, it should be somewhere...

So yes, go get some. And preferably not plain, unless you like plain...

They probably have some at Wal-Mart, but I've never looked before.

Darunia
28th April 2004, 5:38 AM
:mariowin: DARUNIA'S 4,000TH POST AT THIS VERSION OF TC!!!! :luigiwin: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Weltall
28th April 2004, 7:31 AM
At this version? I've kept everyone's post counts somewhat accurate from every version!

Cheez Whiz.

Geno
28th April 2004, 9:26 AM
Cheez-Its
Ritz Bits Sandwiches w/Cheese
Ritz Crackers w/EZ-Cheese
Cheese Pizza
And Pinky singing all the cheeses of the world!

alien space marine
28th April 2004, 12:14 PM
If you ever hear any stories on tv about missing animals.

now you know why!

list of needed farm animals

1.Goat

2.Chicken

3.Cow

4.Llama

5.Sacred Jellybean

Great Rumbler
28th April 2004, 12:25 PM
There are some geese in my yard that you can have.

Bo Jackson
29th April 2004, 3:09 PM
Bo loves cheese, I get it imported straight from Hungary. Great stuff, man.

Weltall
29th April 2004, 10:33 PM
Bo knows Cheese.

Geno
30th April 2004, 5:32 AM
I think I know where you can find a Sacred Jellybean... hold on, let me think for a moment...

Darunia
30th April 2004, 6:16 AM
This thread inspired me to buy some swiss cheese the other day at Stop & Shop---but now it's turning hard and yellow because I can't use it fast enough!

OB1
30th April 2004, 10:14 AM
What, did you tape it to the roof of your car or something? You're supposed to wrap it up when you're not using it, silly.

Great Rumbler
30th April 2004, 2:03 PM
Good swiss cheese is infinitely awesome.

Weltall
30th April 2004, 3:11 PM
I hate swiss cheese. It tastes too bitter.

Geno
1st May 2004, 9:10 AM
I prefer cheddar myself.

Great Rumbler
1st May 2004, 12:25 PM
Mild cheddar is the best kind of cheddar.

Darunia
1st May 2004, 2:08 PM
Swiss is good as a snack; I don't like it in a sandwich, but what I do now is when I made a hotdog, I wrap it in a slice of Finlandia swiss, and then drown it in mustard & ketchup. It is bitter, but it's just an adult taste is all. Like wine. Wine & cheese, you see.

Weltall
1st May 2004, 5:36 PM
Not necessarily. Calling it 'adult' doesn't cover for there being a distinctly non-cheese taste to Swiss.

And, wine... feh.

Dark Jaguar
1st May 2004, 7:31 PM
Adult flavors, that's a stupid thing really.

Taste buds DIE as you grow older. Kids are BETTER able to taste things! A childlike sense of taste is GOOD!

Geno
2nd May 2004, 6:36 AM
I still like cheddar.

Swiss is... :barf:

Great Rumbler
2nd May 2004, 11:05 AM
You people are crazy! Swiss cheese is awesome!

A Black Falcon
2nd May 2004, 12:33 PM
DJ, children don't like new things. Or lots of other things. Oh, I'm not saying that that's bad, but that children do not have as much of a range of what they would like as adults...

Having said that, my favorite cheese is mild cheddar. :)

Darunia
2nd May 2004, 6:15 PM
Adult flavors, that's a stupid thing really.

Poppycock; tastes change as we get older. Or maybe it's just ourselves choosing for nutrition rather than taste.

Taste buds DIE as you grow older. Kids are BETTER able to taste things! A childlike sense of taste is GOOD!

Swiss cheese is comparatively bitter. Doesn't that account for adults liking it more; kids like yummy-gummy sweet things. Thus, swiss cheese = comparatively adult cheese.

And, wine... feh.

I like wine. I got (mostly) drunk off of wine for the first time at my French teacher's party at Brown University three days ago; and it was a good buzz, and I enjoy the sophisticated aura that comes with drinking wine, and it's not as harsh as vodka.

Weltall
3rd May 2004, 12:54 AM
There are many cheese kids are not exposed to regularly that taste much better than Swiss cheese.

Darunia
3rd May 2004, 5:53 AM
Ok... :wha:

Geno
3rd May 2004, 10:57 AM
I'll admit the last time I had swiss cheese was a kid (don't remember an exact age though, but I'd estimate about 11 or 12.) Still, I prefer cheddar over all other cheeses that I'm familiar with. And I think my family doesn't like swiss either, and they're all older than me.

Darunia
3rd May 2004, 6:32 PM
What can I say, not EVERYONE likes it. I 'spose your palette just isn't sophisticated enough. :shake:

Weltall
3rd May 2004, 6:51 PM
That's exactly what I think about fools who think Resident Evil is anything more than half as good as Silent Hill. Unsophisticates.

alien space marine
4th May 2004, 3:19 AM
Silent hill with cheese.

Darunia
4th May 2004, 7:32 AM
!!!!WELTALL!!!! From my experience, REMake is the best console game I've played since the fall of N64. End of story! My experience doesn't encompass yours, and yours doesn't mine. So THERE!

Vive le fromage suisse!!

Geno
4th May 2004, 10:04 AM
¡Viva el queso!

Weltall
4th May 2004, 12:35 PM
!!!!WELTALL!!!! From my experience, REMake is the best console game I've played since the fall of N64. End of story! My experience doesn't encompass yours, and yours doesn't mine. So THERE!

Vive le fromage suisse!!
Eh... REMake was the very first Cube game I ever purchased.

It looked much better than the other RE games, sadly, I could never get comfortable with the GC's tiny d-pad and I never finished the game.

Of course, even if I could, REMake is the scariest, prettiest, hardest RE game, but it's still just Resident Evil, still just a zombie splatterfest.

I own multiple copies of every Silent Hill game but 3, and have beaten each at least ten times. And it still doesn't get old. I'm going through the first right now.

Dark Jaguar
4th May 2004, 12:53 PM
Multiple copies of Silent Hill 1? They remade it?

Anyway, you were supposed to use the analog stick in REBirth. It really is better using the stick than the tiny d-pad. In fact, even on systems with large d-pads, I prefer the stick. The control setup should have had a "3rd person" mode though, like the N64 version of RE2. Honestly, if they added it to RE2's port, why not add it to the complete remake? Still though, I had a fun time with it.

One thing Weltall, you never told me something I asked before. I wanted to know if you consider SH2 to be the worst in the Silent Hill series. I want to try another game just to see, but SH2 just really bored me. Honestly, I'm not trying to call it a bad game or anything, and I do want to try the other games out there if they are indeed considered the better games, but I just found myself wandering around aimlessly. Now, perhaps that was some storyline point, but really I can only wander into so many exactly identical apartment complexes with exactly identical rooms searching for the next puzzle across an ENTIRE city before I get fed up. I did finally work through the game, and after a certain point the areas really had some character to them, namely the island and such at the end. I also liked the story, and some of the puzzles were pretty nice. The combat system was standard stuff, but those monsters sure were creepy. It's just those hours upon hours (literally) I spent wandering around exactly identical bland apartments that I couldn't stand. If the other games lack this, I'll jump all over them.

Weltall
4th May 2004, 1:36 PM
Multiple copies of Silent Hill 1? They remade it?

Anyway, you were supposed to use the analog stick in REBirth. It really is better using the stick than the tiny d-pad. In fact, even on systems with large d-pads, I prefer the stick. The control setup should have had a "3rd person" mode though, like the N64 version of RE2. Honestly, if they added it to RE2's port, why not add it to the complete remake? Still though, I had a fun time with it.
Nah, I hate using the stick for these kinds of games, especially when the camera angle is fixed. The DPad is so much more responsive.

One thing Weltall, you never told me something I asked before. I wanted to know if you consider SH2 to be the worst in the Silent Hill series. I want to try another game just to see, but SH2 just really bored me. Honestly, I'm not trying to call it a bad game or anything, and I do want to try the other games out there if they are indeed considered the better games, but I just found myself wandering around aimlessly. Now, perhaps that was some storyline point, but really I can only wander into so many exactly identical apartment complexes with exactly identical rooms searching for the next puzzle across an ENTIRE city before I get fed up. I did finally work through the game, and after a certain point the areas really had some character to them, namely the island and such at the end. I also liked the story, and some of the puzzles were pretty nice. The combat system was standard stuff, but those monsters sure were creepy. It's just those hours upon hours (literally) I spent wandering around exactly identical bland apartments that I couldn't stand. If the other games lack this, I'll jump all over them.
No. I consider SH2 the best game of the series, for the creative aspect. It had the best story and the best characters. It was very interpretive and chock full of sublimation and signifying imagery. The whole tale is so expertly woven, it makes me wish I had come up with it. Now, as far as gameplay goes, it's the least enjoyable in the series. It's the easiest and least-frightening by a lot. It's the most puzzle-oriented. It does have that long backtracking part that even I don't like. But those, to me, are minor complaints, because the story is so damned incredible. I find that most fans who play all three seem to agree with me. There are quite a number of people out there, myself included, who gather to message boards and discuss and debate all of the games' stories, their connections and hidden meanings. And SH2, to me, offers the most spirited debate.

Silent Hill 1 is much scarier, and quite a bit harder than SH2. There is some wandering in it, but not as much as in SH2. SH3 is definitely the hardest and scariest of the three, and there's almost no roaming the streets at all. I love them all tons, and I would definitely have to say that the first and third are better gameplay experiences, 3 being the most fun and the most challenging (hard mode riddles will make your brain cry bloody tears).

Anyway, definitely get the others. But since 3 is a direct continuation of 1, go in order.

Also, SH1 was only released once. I just have two copies.