View Thread : Is Tendo City unpleasant for you?

OB1
Seriously. Is it no longer fun to visit this place for any of you? I know it is for me. I really can't stand getting into arguments with ABF and DJ on such a constant basis, and I really fucking hate the two of them most of the time. Maybe it's their fault, maybe it's my fault, or maybe both. I don't know. All I know is that Tendo City is rarely fun for me anymore, and I think that's got to change. I think we need to stop with the constant conflict and try to maintain peace. Impossible? Maybe, but it's worth a shot I say. The only reason I've been posting here since 1999 is because I love video games and want to talk about them with fellow video game dorks, but you can't really get that anywhere on the internet anymore. Go to any major gaming forum, ign, gaming-age, whatever, and all people do is bitch and fight. Since this is a much smaller community I think it might be possible to put an end to it, if all of you assholes (j/k) agree to have a truce. Certain people here get on my nerves, so I'm not as nice as I could be to them. But if they don't act nice it's tough for me to do the same.

This thread is not about finger pointing, so I don't want to hear any "it's your fault" crap here. Let's just discuss what you think can or should be done with Tendo City, and if you agree or disagree with my idea. I could just leave this forum altogether, but I don't like to quit when I think something can be done.

Dark Jaguar
You know, I can't stand them either. I only wanted some peace too. However, let's just air some things out okay? Try and listen up, because I just want this stupid stuff to end as much as you do.

The fact is, you can be a VERY abbrasive person. I know you don't try to come off that way, and maybe you act that way around your friends and they have no problem with it, but the fact is, when you constantly call people idiots for thinking what they think, it makes them WANT to respond. People WANT to defend themselves after stuff like that. I'm not saying it's a wise thing to do, and fact is, smarter people have just ignored such statement. However, when you say "lazy, you've said some stupid things, but this is the stupidest yet.", that can only be taken as a very hurtful thing, showing no concern at all for the other person's feelings.

Now, I have made up my mind to never respond to anything you say for 3 months. It's the only way I can manage to not get into another fight. I'll be using the ignore command in fact. However, the only thing I can ask is this. Be more considerate of other people's feelings and opinions. Please, just be nice.

Ryan
I don't know. I get along with everyone. And, even though ABF and I disagree (sometimes very strongly) on just about everything, I don't hold it against him. Hell, the times I'm most active here are when some big issue has us at each others' throats. I get annoyed by his inability to see reason but deep down, it's fun to spar with him. And, I often get personal long before he does, which is wrong. It's not like me. In an internetsy-sort of way, I consider him a friend, just like I consider all of you friends in an internetsy-way. After all, you're all the reason I fork up dough for this place. I don't do it for my health.

Now, I think that many of us here have a problem with getting personal and rude against each other, and I see everyone doing this. Darunia's "Goron Front" thread has just about everyone doing it. I don't think ignoring OB1 is a good solution, or for anyone, for that matter. I think we all need to just assess what Tendo City is: It's an internet message board. It's nothing worth getting offended over. I think we all need to cool off and try to act our ages. Respect other people's feelings. Know where the fine line between sarcasm and malice is and how better to avoid crossing it, as it is sometimes hard to determine the context in which someone says something.

The other option is to lay down a stricter set of rules and be more efficient on enforcing them. Now, I have always let almost anything go, and there are few other boards out there that allow the kind of freedom I do. There's no censorship. Moderators are a figurehead. Threads are almost never closed, and how long has it been since the last ban? I would like to continue to allow this freedom, because while I do wield the power, if I didn't, I would like it to be this way. I don't want to have to turn it into a police state, because I know people won't like it, and even the loss of a single regular would damage the place terribly.

Now, before we all jump to conclusions and such, let's kinda assess what is best for TC, and how we can help soothe the enmity. Let's agree on some things. Maybe we do need a few rules in place. I have my own ideas, but I'd like to know first. I almost never do anything without consulting you all first, and I won't start now. The power high of running a forum ran out years ago. :) I keep TC up because I like you guys and you stick around.

OB1
DJ, you are right, I can be abrasive sometimes. But you know what? So can you, so can lazy, and so can ABF. If you look at the Banjo thread you'll see that it was lazy who insulted me first. I merely retaliated. That's not better, but it's something you should be aware of. I don't think you realize just how provacative you can be, and I don't act kindly to provocation. I'll try my best not to provoke you if you do the same.

I'm exhausted of this place, and either I take a nice, looong break from here or we have to call a truce and stop getting on each other's nerves.

Undertow
I think this thread is what the boards need. People sling proverbial shit when ever someone has opposing view points. It's like people actually get offended by them, such as the immigrant debate in the most recent offending thread. Heck, most threads don't make it past their first page before reaching some heated debate over the current state of the American administration, or the difference between shampoo and conditioner. Nearly everyone has been getting their panties in a wad over something that can be avoided. I even broke from my "no arguing on the internet" policy for a couple of posts.

I'm exhausted of this place, and either I take a nice, looong break from here

I think everyone needs a break from the internet once in awhile.

lazyfatbum
Weltall/ Enforce the laws! ENFORCE THE LAWS NOW! MAKE ME HURT! DO IT! ENFORCE THE GOD DAMN LAWS! FUCK!

I just got an erection

MAKES SO MANY LAWS THAT EVEN ICE-9 WOULD SHIT HIS PINK PANTIES!

OB1
Thanks for your input, lazy.

lazyfatbum
No problem! :)

DO IT WELTALL! DO IT NOW! YES! YES! YES! YES! DO IT!

Dark Jaguar
Yes Weltall, I see your point. That was my motivation, and it's not permanent. I'm only using the ignore feature for a month actually, not the orignal 3, and I might turn it off sooner than that actually. The whole reason I did it was just so I could keep coming here and still keep cool for a while. Besides, this is the ultimate test to see whether or not it's me that's the problem.

Great Rumbler
The problem is we far too often let harmless debates fall into the dreaded category of "poinltess shouting match". It's hard to explain why and how this keeps happening, and I'm not sure I even know the reasons. What we need to do is just cool down and work towards maybe not necessarily getting along [which is WAY too much to ask for] but just try not to let debates get out of hand. If we can do that I don't think we'll have any more major problems.

Geno
I never thought it was that bad here... okay, things did get a bit out of control in the Goron Front thread, but I enjoy the conflicts here most of the time. It's a debate forum, and anywhere where debates take place, arguments are sure to start. Things may start off mildly, with two sides having differing opinions stating, as nicely as possible, why they feel the way they do, but the longer a debate goes on, the more personal it gets, with both sides throwing insults at each other left and right. Of course, I haven't ever really gotten neck-deep in an argument here before, so who am I to say that you don't have a right to be annoyed with the conflicts that take place here? At all the places where I have gotten serious with my debating, I've been insulted, pissed off, and slightly egotistical and rude, and I'm sure it's no different for those here who get deep into debates. I guess every now and then, we do have to settle down and give it a rest until our flames to debate start burning brightly again.

A Black Falcon
Seriously. Is it no longer fun to visit this place for any of you? I know it is for me. I really can't stand getting into arguments with ABF and DJ on such a constant basis, and I really fucking hate the two of them most of the time. Maybe it's their fault, maybe it's my fault, or maybe both. I don't know. All I know is that Tendo City is rarely fun for me anymore, and I think that's got to change. I think we need to stop with the constant conflict and try to maintain peace. Impossible? Maybe, but it's worth a shot I say. The only reason I've been posting here since 1999 is because I love video games and want to talk about them with fellow video game dorks, but you can't really get that anywhere on the internet anymore. Go to any major gaming forum, ign, gaming-age, whatever, and all people do is bitch and fight. Since this is a much smaller community I think it might be possible to put an end to it, if all of you assholes (j/k) agree to have a truce. Certain people here get on my nerves, so I'm not as nice as I could be to them. But if they don't act nice it's tough for me to do the same.

I don't hate you. Oh, your intransience in arguements and absolute refusal to ever consider that you could be wrong is incredibly, incredibly annoying, and arguements with you often go nowhere, and sometimes I DO wish that you just quit it because of how amazingly annoying it is to argue with someone who will NEVER conceed a point even when it's blatantly obvious, but the rest of the time you're nice to have around... when you aren't distorting what I say and turning simple statements into arguements which, once you choose a side, you'll absolutely refuse to ever change your opinion on despite any amount of facts.

The fact is, you can be a VERY abbrasive person.

That is absolutely correct. And OB1, if it was just me I'd say it could be me, but when it's a whole bunch of people it's a pretty good idea that it's you... oh, everyone has problems, certainly, but you love to blame everyone else when clearly you too have issues.

I don't know. I get along with everyone. And, even though ABF and I disagree (sometimes very strongly) on just about everything, I don't hold it against him. Hell, the times I'm most active here are when some big issue has us at each others' throats. I get annoyed by his inability to see reason but deep down, it's fun to spar with him. And, I often get personal long before he does, which is wrong. It's not like me. In an internetsy-sort of way, I consider him a friend, just like I consider all of you friends in an internetsy-way. After all, you're all the reason I fork up dough for this place. I don't do it for my health.

I agree... we never agree on any arguements and it gets old, but for some reason it doesn't make me as annoyed as arguing with OB1 does... probably because I never expect to change your mind while with OB1 I often DO think that I have a point and he utterly refuses to see it and constantly warps what I mean far beyond what I said.

Geno. The Goron Front thread was a better arguement than average, I'd say... why? Probably because it didn't involve OB1, really. It's amazing, but without him debates actually can go somewhere!

OB1... I say that you misrepresent me all the time, and that you don't seem to really read what I say and try to understand what I actually meant. That is probably worse than the insults and the stuff you make up, because that usually comes along because of those first problems... do you understand what I mean? I say something. You take it some bad way and fly off on a string of insults. By the time I'm trying to explain myself better you're out of reach and nothing I say will ever get through to you. It's a major problem... you just seem to quickly read through a post, make the worst explanation to yourself possible, and go off on an angry rant. And at that point it's incredibly hard to get you to focus on trying to understand what was MEANT by what was originally said... now, it's obviously okay to respond to a point that you disagree with, but the way you do it doesn't lead to debates that work very well and often leads to pages of trying to explain what our points meant before they go anywhere. That doesn't happen that much with others, I think...

Oh, but you are right that in that thread Lazy had the first insult. Rare, it's usually you. Oh, I well might think them, but I try to not say anything...

I'm not saying it's only OB1's fault though of course. Everyone gets involved and once things start going downhill it is everyone's fault that they get worse...

Darunia
The only real problem in the 'Goron Front thread' was, as far as I'm concerned, Fittsize's out-of-line comments about me; calling my parents and I nazis, for examples---then topping that off with a string of "fucks" and "shits" and other swears. I found everyone else moderately civil; or at least as civil as they're ever going to get.

Ryan
Fittisize is a very angry little child, eh?

Fittisize
As opposed to being an angry adult? [Darunia, if you consider 19 years an adult]

Ryan
Yeah, basically. I just kinda noticed that your MSN name always has the word 'fuck' in it, even though it changes often.

Eh?

EdenMaster
Look, we all have different ways we take part in debates. Some of us create masterpiece threads which stretch on for miles, full of quotes, good points, and a few harsh words. Some of us throw every possible obscenity and insult at their opponent until their keyboards break.

Fittisize is a very opinionated, angry debater. I've gotten into arguments with him before and he always does the same thing as he has done in the Goron Front thread.

Here's the bottom line. All of us are videogame dorks. I am, you are, we all are. Beyond that, all of us share little else in common, and that is why we get into such heated debates, and why they occur so often. Seriously, look at all of us, we are the most polar opposite people you could throw together. So conflict is inevitable, we can't all be here and not fight with one another.

All we need to do to make ourselves a more agreeable community is moderate ourselves. Try to avoid debates, keep the name calling to a minimum. Opinions are fine, but letting all them come through your keyboard isn't necessary. Especially you, Fittisize. Cool it, will you?

Undertow
You're a loose cannon, McFittisize. Give me your badge and your gun.

Great Rumbler
I just kinda noticed that your MSN name always has the word 'fuck' in it, even though it changes often.

*notices Weltall's MSN name*

EdenMaster
You're a loose cannon, McFittisize. Give me your badge and your gun.

Uh oh. If Fittisize has a gun, then we're all in trouble.

Darunia
RUN AWAYY!!!!

Great Rumbler
The horror!!

Dark Jaguar
The Real World: Tendo

Ryan
*notices Weltall's MSN name*
Mine doesn't ALWAYS have it!

OB1
ABF, your above post shows just how incredibly clueless, tactless, and socially inept you really are. I made this thread so that some of us can seriously discuss how to make this place less uncomfortable, and all you choose to do is point fingers and start another argument! Are you actually like this in person? If this is the only way you know how to behave then I'm just going to have to ignore you from now on if I am to continue posting at this place.

Geno
All right, if you all want to bury the hatchet, then just forget whatever it is about other members that bothers you. Just drop it completely. That includes statements such as, "I'd like to just drop it, but such-and-such is still being an ass!" An argument won't cease until the first person stops arguing. It won't hurt you to be that first person. If the other person continues arguing, they're arguing with the wall.

lazyfatbum
Someone took down all my pictures..... hmmm, I may have to strategize....

OB1/ ABF isn't clueless, he's in a constant argue-mode. Good going, Dr. Frankenstein. :D

A Black Falcon
ABF, your above post shows just how incredibly clueless, tactless, and socially inept you really are. I made this thread so that some of us can seriously discuss how to make this place less uncomfortable, and all you choose to do is point fingers and start another argument! Are you actually like this in person? If this is the only way you know how to behave then I'm just going to have to ignore you from now on if I am to continue posting at this place.

And your response proves how you do not pay enough attention to what I am saying!

Okay, so it wasn't exactly perfectly calm. Maybe I went a bit far. But the overall point is accurate. You simply cannot say that someone who acts as you do is blameless while everyone ELSE has all the issues. It's completely impossible, and utterly false.

Do you have a better characterization than 'chronic over-reaction to things that didn't really mean exactly what you take them to mean' as your modus operandi? I can't...

Great Rumbler
Okay, so it wasn't exactly perfectly calm. Maybe I went a bit far. But the overall point is accurate. You simply cannot say that someone who acts as you do is blameless while everyone ELSE has all the issues. It's completely impossible, and utterly false.

Surely there are better ways to make a point than by something like that first post you made in this thread.

A Black Falcon
Surely there are better ways to make a point than by something like that first post you made in this thread.

It was reflecting how annoyed OB1 gets me. HE NEVER LISTENS! ... 'debating' him is more a chore than it is fun in many ways...

Great Rumbler
It was reflecting how annoyed OB1 gets me.

And that's one of the problems that we've got to work out, meaning your getting annoyed and lashing out. That WILL NOT make the debate [or arguement or whatever] go any better. And of course OB1 has to work on the same thing. That's probably one of the main problems here, not people who won't listen, but people who get annoyed and lash out. Take a chill pill!! Something like that, I guess.

A Black Falcon
He says things that seem, to me, to be barely, at best related to what I had said, and puts his criticizms of said things in the strongest possible terms... of course I get annoyed!

Oh, and talking does seem to work a bit better... as in, OB1 doesn't seem as bad in MSN (on that issue, I'll be back on it in about a week.)...

Ryan
You two should get married.

Great Rumbler
They'd have to go to LA, though.

Darunia
And I thought my incessant war-mongering was the root of all evils here at TC. I'm just a cute, fuzzy little kitten compared to their bickering.

lazyfatbum
Fuzzy yes, but not cute. Fuzzy in the sense of how rotten food becomes fuzzy. Yes, smelly rotten fuzzy food.

With nazi parents.

SNAP!

alien space marine
fucking Shitnig!

Fuck shit shit! Fuck !fuck!

Geno
Well, so much for my post about burying the hatchet. I figured it'd go to waste anyway, but it was worth a shot.

Darunia
Yes, Geno, it was a nice effort---and I for one respected it, but what your numbskulls here at TC fail to recognize is:

1.) People like Lazy who contribute nothing to the quality of these forums, and only spew random, incoherent nothings at people, constitute a major problem. You laugh, but he's downright fucking annoying and rude more often than not. So, it's back to open hostility. That nazi thing was out of line; and he's borrowing it (lord knows he couldn't have an independent thought of his own) from Fittisize.

*Declares formal state of war on LazyFatCocksuckingAssrapingNazisuckingAssholesBum*

Geno
Yeah, to be honest, the whole Nazi parent thing has gotten way out of hand. It's gone from somewhat of a joke to a 6th grader-esque flamefest.

Dark Jaguar
Oh don't take it so seriously. He's just being lazy. He's the ONLY being in the universe that's allowed to act like that because he has MAGIC POWERS of SPEECH that let you know he kids!

Darunia
You see, thats what I'm talking about. When I first came here, way back in February, 2000; he gave me a really warm reception. They say its okay because they like him. Well I don't like him. If he likes being a prick, let him be a prick to you, let him call your parents nazis. I don't like it. A normal person would stop doing it, but he won't, BECAUSE HE'S AN ASSHOLE!

Ryan
Gee. I'm his best friend, but the reception I got from him was not quite warm.

In fact, I think he found twelve synonyms for "asshole" and still managed not to set off the censors.

Yet, look where we are today!

EdenMaster
You see, thats what I'm talking about. When I first came here, way back in February, 2000; he gave me a really warm reception. They say its okay because they like him. Well I don't like him. If he likes being a prick, let him be a prick to you, let him call your parents nazis. I don't like it. A normal person would stop doing it, but he won't, BECAUSE HE'S AN ASSHOLE!

Lazy has his own brand of humor, his own way of talking with people. So do I, as do you. We all do. That should never be held against somebody so...<i>harshly</i>.

Dark Jaguar
Now now Darunia, the thing is he's not actually saying your parents are nazis. There is deeper meaning in there, I think, and yet at the same time it's VERY shallow, I think, and at the same time he's saying you are fun to be around. I think...

Also your parents are nazis. :D

Look I'm kidding, see how I'm kidding? I never even MET them, and ya know, I'm actually not REALLY talking about them at all, as the human beings that actually ARE your parents, I'm talking about your OTHER parents, the fake ones we made up.

Great Rumbler
*makes fun of Darunia's fake parents that DJ and Lazy made up*

alien space marine
we all know lazy fat bum isnt real like lepercons or elves.

Darunia
I seem to remember maybe two years ago when I was horribly out of line by saying I didn't like Animé. Of course, by not liking animé, I'm a racist and I hate Japan---and of course I was quite thoroughly condemned here. Boy did I call that---the TC Council of Elders comes together to protect Lazy. Weltall, Darth Jaguar, Eden Master. It's so frustrating talking to people qui ne font qu'à leur têtes. The fact is that he's insulting and I don't like him. Ipso facto, he should be condemned for persisting. You say he's perfectly fine because---because...? Well, you gave no reasons; just citing random references lik "his humor" is unique. So was Hitlers. Maybe my new unique sense of humor is deleting all of his posts in Ramble City that are directed to me.

Geno
I'd kinda have to sympathize for Darunia here; this one guy named Jon annoys the hell out of me. Sure, it's his way of behaving, but he seems to especially enjoy tormenting me. Of course, he's said worse things than "Your parents are Nazis." I can take a joke, but he goes way too far.

alien space marine
I got put in detention for calling the teacher a Nazi once :evilha:

Because he called Hitler "Lord" and I blurted out your a Nazi in respounce.

Geno
I honestly believe my 5th grade teachers were Nazis, or Communist pinkos. (Not Marx Communist, but Kruschev/Castro Communist... in other words, they were just evil DICKtators.)

Dark Jaguar
Now now Darunia, it wasn't that you didn't like anime, it was that you didn't like it because you "hate Japan". Indeed, we all found it very weird that you would say that and pointed out that your favorite games come from Japan. I believe you ignored that point and said something about how you can't drop the charges on a murderer just because it's 40 years later, which of course totally ignores the whole point that what you were saying was more like charging the child of a murderer with murder. THAT was why we said you were racist at the time.

It's so frustrating talking to people qui ne font qu'à leur têtes.

Like any of us have any idea what that means. Why would you go out of your way to speak in french rather than in english, making a statement you intended for US to hear anyway? Really, it's actually sorta egotistical, like you are only doing it to boost your own ego.

Thing is, he's not actually trying to insult you, nor is he even targetting you more than anyone else. He does it to me too, and ABF, and Weltall, and whoever happens to look the nicest at the time. We don't see it as any biggie. Anyway, if you really don't like it, don't insult him back, just calmly ask him to stop. Then, after he calls you a loaded diaper, laugh at that, even if you don't find it funny, and ask again. That should do it, and if not, there is always the ignore list in your profile.

Great Rumbler
I seem to remember maybe two years ago when I was horribly out of line by saying I didn't like Animé.

You said more than just that.

EdenMaster
You think all of us are exempt from lazys wit? We've all been ripped to shreds by his verbal assaults of wackiness, and all of us got a similar reception from him when we joined. I certainly did, so does everyone who comes here. None of us hate him because we have a <u>sense of humor</u> and are able to <u>laugh at ourselves</u>. Pay particular attention to those underlined parts, as they are very redeemable human qualities. As is forgiveness.

The fact that you compare lazy to Hitler is not even a fair analogy. Hitler murdered thousands upon thousands of innocent people. Lazy makes fun of people and tells jokes. Big difference there, my friend.

To be perfectly honest, your campaign to condemn/ban lazy simply because you don't like him sounds an awful lot like Hitler killing off Jews because he didn't like them.

:eek:

alien space marine
Lazy = Hitler

Darunia = stalin.

Who would win? :banana:

Great Rumbler
Yao Ming.

Dark Jaguar
lazy is awesome and shall never EVER be banned. Indeed, Weltall is more likely to ban HIMSELF than lazy :D.

lazyfatbum
Oh boy! Attention!

Darunia, I see something that is rediculous and I run with it.

Seeing a person get offended because their parents were refered to as nazis is extremely funny. We all (me atleast) laughed when Seinfeld went to the deli and called the cook a soup nazi because he wouldn't give Seinfeld any soup. We laughed because he was comparing a normal person to a socialized group of evil that no longer exists. And because this was back when Seinfeld had the best writers in the industry at the time.

You're getting extremely aggitated over something so inherently rediculous that i'm fighting the urge right now to do something not unlike this:

An Apology Movie for Darunia. (http://www.tcforums.com/sean/Darunia.mpg)

But of course, I would never do something like that.

Undertow
That was so wrong, yet so right.

alien space marine
:rofl:

Hitler and goatse double the horror!

Darunia
Thing is, he's not actually trying to insult you, nor is he even targetting you more than anyone else. He does it to me too, and ABF, and Weltall, and whoever happens to look the nicest at the time. We don't see it as any biggie. Anyway, if you really don't like it, don't insult him back, just calmly ask him to stop. Then, after he calls you a loaded diaper, laugh at that, even if you don't find it funny, and ask again. That should do it, and if not, there is always the ignore list in your profile. DJ

You're telling me that when someone bothers/bugs/insults/provokles you, you just laugh it off. Maybe thats your liberal Canadian way, but the normal way is to get them to stop. He's made it clear that he won't---largely because everytime I ask him too, you all tell him he doesn't have to. You've done it about 10 times in this thread so far.

LAZY--DON'T EVER TALK TO/REFER TO/ADDRESS ME IN ANYWAY ON TC EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE.

I'll bet anyone the world he'll keep on cracking.

alien space marine
LOL!

Dark Jaguar
Darunia, would you believe there's another, another just like lazy?

Sacred Jellybean
LAZY--DON'T EVER TALK TO/REFER TO/ADDRESS ME IN ANYWAY ON TC EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE.

:violin:

This is unnecessary - as DJ pointed out, there's an ignore feature. See?

So just cut your histrionics and block him already, okay? If you can't stand him that badly, you can do something about it.

Geno
Just ignore them and they'll go away... that's slightly more true online than it is in real life. Much more effective though.

lazyfatbum
Milk.

Orange juice.

A lack of humidity.

Mucas...... hardened mucas.

Dry nasal passages.

Every time I put my finger in my nose I think it will be good.

But it'snot.

*flicks boogers at Darunia*

Freedom.

lazyfatbum ~ May 7, '04

EdenMaster
WHAT IS THIS KRAP!?

Darunia, you seem to be under the assumption the lazy truly hates you, when that's simply not the case. He's KIDDING. THAT is why you should just laugh it off, because he isn't being serious. Why you take what he says so personally baffles me.

Hey, hate him if you want but don't start a campaign to ban him and all that.

Truth be told, when you say things like "LAZY--DON'T EVER TALK TO/REFER TO/ADDRESS ME IN ANYWAY ON TC EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE", you are asking him to respond. What do you think he'll do, read that and say " All right, no problem" or something? Just say nothing, accept that he's kidding, and move on with your life, for crying out loud.

:shake:

alien space marine
Lazy is a jew and Darunia is a nazi what do you think he will do?

<i>Post restored. Knock it off. Abusing your power doesn't make friends.
~EdenMaster</i>

Darunia
The following is a real-life 911 call:

WOMAN: Hello, 911!
OPERATOR: Yes ma'am, this is 911, officer Cromwell here, what's your emergency?
WOMAN: There's a man, in my house! He broke in---he's---he's in my dining room right now! And he's (loud crash in background) he's smashing everything! Oh my god, he's got a gun now! My jewelry, nooo!
OPERATOR: Okay ma'am, calm down. Now we're going to go by the book on this one. What's your name?"
WOMAN: Andrea!! Oh god, please, don't take that!!
OPERATOR: Okay, ma'am, are you there...? Ok, here's what needs to happen. We need you to move to a different neighborhood.
WOMAN:Wha...----what?
OPERATOR: Look, ma'am, that burglar has a right to be whowever he wants to be. You're overreacting. He doesn't hate you or anything, it's just how he is. You need to accept that. You have no right to be upset with him, for wronging you. You have 36 hours to clear out of your house, or there will be a warrant issued for you arrest, is that clear, ma'am?
WOMAN: BUT HE FUCKING BROKE INTO MY HOUSE!
OPERATOR: Ma'am, I'm not going to tell you again. You're overreacting. He's probably just kidding around with you. If you ignore him, it won't bother you so much. Try and look at it from his perspective! Don't be so narrow-minded and quick to action. Maybe he has a family to feed, you insensitive whore!

Sound familiar to anyone?

Dark Jaguar
First off, that isn't a real life call at all. I know it's obvious, but ASM might have believed you.

Second off, don't just delete people's posts and claim they were harrassing you. I read that, and it wasn't harrassment. Yes, asm's posts lack... well I wanna say logic, or class, but neither of those really encompass what I'm looking for here... Anyway, my point is that this particular board involves the act of NOT censoring people just because they make fun of you. Yeesh, if I did that every single time someone made fun of me, the board would have about half the post count. It's a tad on the rude side you see. We are basically figure heads here.

Third off, lazy didn't break into your house and wreck up the place late at night while stealing your jewelry. He posted some harmless insults in a public forum. A more accurate depiction would be the protestor in a public park with a legal setup and everything calling some government leader a nazi. Of course, in this case lazy has higher authority than you (he's an admin you know :D, so keep in mind that anything you could think to do to him with your limited power, he could not only do to you, he could do things far worse and make you enjoy it). He's not harrasing you, and the person being insulted, I'm afraid after thinking about it, is not who determines if it's harrasment or not. That's what leads to people sueing news sites for calling their company a bunch of liars (I speak of course of the Phantom). Rather, a group of your peers is who determines it. Sorry, your peers have come to a consensus, you aren't being harassed. Our reasoning? He does the same thing to us. You say "well you just put up with something you shouldn't be!". Thing is, we don't see it as insults. We see it as that hilarious thing we love him for. We have an understanding that he never actually MEANS any of it, and it's all just a joke. If he were serious, it would be like a past member we had here who actually constantly attacked everyone at all times saying "you people are a bunch of stupid hipocrites who's lives will all end in misery!". Now, said in a different way, that same statement could be meant in an ironic way making fun of people who do that. Said THAT way though, it was plainly obvious the person actually WAS trying to insult us. See the difference?

Don't take things so seriuosly. This ISN'T the precursor to ignoring looming attacks from foreign nations here! This is taking very creative "insults" in the manner they were intended. I mean, RIGHT after the supposed insult against me, we both get into a huge discussion and have great fun with it! In the process, he contradicts his insult, REALLY proving it.

The lesson is this. Taking life seriously all the time leads to all the things you HATE about the world.

One other thing, I noticed the link to the main TC page at the bottom of the message board has been changed...

EdenMaster
Sound familiar to anyone?

Nope. Nothing like that happening here. Nobodys broken into anybodys house.

Lazys poking fun at you and you're being childish about it, but no, nothing like your example is happening here. Sorry. Here is a more accurate 911 call (also true):

OFFICER: 911, What is your emergency?
CALLER: A guy just called me a name! I demand you have him arrested and thrown in jail!
OFFICER: ...I beg your pardon?
CALLER: What are you, deaf?! I was called a name! A <i>name</i>! Do you possibly comprehend the level of humiliation and anguish I've suffered??
OFFICER: Okay, calm down, sir. What did the man say?
CALLER: He said I was raised by Nazis!
OFFICER: Were you raised by Nazis, sir?
CALLER: NO!!!
OFFICER: I see. What happened then?
CALLER: He laughed and walked away.
OFFICER: I see. He was joking, sir. He didn't...
CALLER: Oh yeah, by the way, people nearby laughed too! I don't know why they weren't as appaled as I was, he did the same thing to them too!
OFFICER: Please sir, calm down and listen. What happened was that the man was making what is called a "joke".
CALLER: A what?
OFFICER: Something funny that people with a sense of humor enjoy.
CALLER: Sense of <i>what??</I>
OFFICER: The ability to laugh at oneself, sir!
CALLER: Oh, I get it! You're siding with him! You're just as bad as him! I'm hanging up and coming down to the station to destroy the tape of this conversation because since you aren't agreeing with me, you must also be picking on me! Fuck you!
OFFICER: Whatever you s*click*.

True story. Learn from it.

Dark Jaguar
What is the nature of your medical emergency?

I'm sorry, as an EMH I deal with MEDICAL emergencies and am not programmed with the subroutines neccesary to um, start a cue against people who made fun of you online...

alien space marine
lazyfatbum and PH made some nasty post making fun of me when I was uncleJoe,I8A4RE and Cosmos Patrol , I endured through it. Soon as you start laughing the sooner it will stop , Its like this kid back in grade 9 whenever he was made fun of and teased he would bite himself in the arm or shout out funny comments.If he had never given such halirious reaction people wouldnt pick on him as they would lose the fun.

I am sorry about the nazi thing, I will stop it.

SOON AS IT IS OUT OF MY SYSTEM!

It wouldnt be one of those people who has a sign autographed copy of Hitler manifesto would you? I figured you would being neo nazi's and all.

lazyfatbum
Oh boy! Real Life 911 Emergency calls!

Operator: 911, what is your emergency?

Man: Good evening. My name is Robert Sanchez, I am newly a member to this country and I live in San Diego; I think someone is trying to steal my car which is outside my apartment.

Operator: You're not from this country? That's amazing! Your english is perfect!

Man: I do not speak english at all, I memorized the first statement and then this statement explaining it.

Operator: You're.... you're kidding, right?

Man: .......qué?

Great Rumbler
Family Guy reference!!

Dark Jaguar
And THAT is a reference to Kids in the Hall!

*Guy with no shoes walks into store*

Cashier (who is speaking in a very helpful and cheerful manner the ENTIRE time): We're closed!

Guy with no shoes: Hello? I want you to tell me where a shoe store is because I want to look for a pair of shoes and buy 'em and pay out.

Cashier: I'm sorry I'd love to be of assistance to you but I'm afraid I speak no english.

Shoeless: *gets confused* Pardon?

Cashier: Ah, I see by the expression on your face that you are confused by my statement. Perhaps you doubt it's veracity but let me assure you, I speak not a word of english.

Shoeless: Uuuuuhhh what are you talkin' aboot huh?

Cashier: You see, everything that I am saying to you I have learned to speak phonetically. As to the meanings of the individual words or the procumbent rules of syntax I haven't a clue.

Shoeless: Uh... why don't you just sh-shutup and tell me where the shoe store is huh you jerk?

Cashier: Allow me to reitterate I speak no English! Perhaps this will wash the confusion from your face my friend. My apparent fluency is a result of constant repetition. As you can imagine I have been through this speech many times before in fact, I can repeat it for you in any one of seven different languages. Yet oddly enough I have never learned to speak it in my own, which is fine, since over the years I have forgotten how to speak my own language.

Shoeless: Just shhhutup and tell me where the shoe store is huh?

Cashier: Thank you, would you like to fight me now or are you a coward?

Shoeless: *gut punches cashier* .............don't die.

Cashier: I... I don't know what you're saying!

Shoeless: I just wanted to buy a pair of shoes, huh?

Cashier: No abla Espaniol senior!

Shoeless: Just got feet, don't got shoes! *leaves*

Cashier: Nein spraken ze doitch!

*iris out*

Darunia
The Following is a real-life 911 call:

EM: Hello, 911?
OPERATOR: This is 911, your call is being recorded, what's your emergency?
EM: ouch...uh, well you see, my friend Mr. FatBum is over my house; and we were hanging out...
OPERATOR: Uh huh.
EM: And, well, you...OWE, STOP MOVING, LAZY!...well, we kinda started to call Darunia a nazi, and one thing led to another...and well, my dick's stuck up his ass.
OPERATOR: Could...could you repeate...that?
EM: Uh--yea, my dick's like...it's stuck in his ass and stuff. I'd just pull it out, but I have such a hard on right now--it won't retract. I was wondering...if you could send a stretcher over, or something.
OPERATOR: Sir, you're penis...is stuck in his buttocks?
EM: Yea, I was fucking him hardcore in the ass because I like it when he's an asshole to me online. Hello...? Did you just hang up on me? (to Lazy,) dammit, that's the fourth time that's happened. I guess we're stuck like this.

Ryan
*wonders offhand whether EdenMaster or lazy will be even a tenth as offended by that as you would be*

Great Rumbler
Great Rumbler say he who does not laugh at harmless joke, even if at his expense, will live short unhappy life.

"Great Rumbler: Spouting useless fake-wisdom since 1990."

alien space marine
Try super glueing your hands to your crotch.

Ryan
Or superglue your lips to my ass.

WHAT BITCH WHAT.

lazyfatbum
Up yours Darunia you piece of krap I hate you, please die, oh why do they let you post, i'm so hurt etc etc.

Yunno, it would of been funnier if you made it in to a comic.

EdenMaster
*wonders offhand whether EdenMaster or lazy will be even a tenth as offended by that as you would be*

Pehaps if I were still in second grade, I'd be getting pretty ticked off at such verbal abuse. However I'm an adult now and have learned to accept such statements as what they really are: an immature attempt to shift the focus from his overreaction with a poorly said 911 call.

Did <b>I</b> ever call you a nazi Darunia? Ever? Did I ever say you were raised or that your parents were Nazis? Aside from that crack in my 911 call (which was strictly for hilarity purposes), I've been just as fair to you as I have been to lazy. I've not called you a single insult during this thing, I've been keeping a quiet medium, trying to be your voice of reason (your real one must have flown out the window on a windy day sometime), tried to lessen the tension between you two so we can get back to what is important at this place, discussing Nintendo. And what do you do? Come back at me with petty insults.

Your welcome.

If you don't like lazy, don't acknowledge his threads. When you see that dancing meat, skip on down to the next post, and continue as if it was never there. It's not difficult, just pay him no heed and eventually he'll leave you alone. If I'm not mistaken, OB1 is due for some verbal abuse from lazy...

alien space marine
Darunia's parents are clowns. :banana:

They like the banana dance.

Great Rumbler
They like the banana dance.

Well, duh. EVERYONE likes the banana dance.

Just for the record Darunia called me a Nazi because I made fun of him during the Great Anime Debate Fiasco. *puts on flame retardent suit* Alright, I'm ready.

EdenMaster
HA! You just said you were retardant!

*is killed by Bad Joke Police*

Don't get all offended now, Grumbler.

Great Rumbler

What?

OB1
http://paintedover.com/uploads/1/batmanbomb.gif

Great Rumbler
:D

Undertow
http://paintedover.com/uploads/1/batmanbomb.gif

*right click**save as*

You bring me batman, I bring you teh walken.

EdenMaster
I bring you...Shiggy :dunno:

:shiggy2:

alien space marine
:gay2:

Darunia
Ya know what, let's just never call anyone a nazi again, and the problem will have been resolved. :whatever:

Geno
Was that image of Batman carrying a bomb really from the old 60's show? That show was so horrible, it was hilarious. :D

alien space marine
That was from Batman the movie.

Geno
Batman the movie, eh? I don't know who did the special effects for that movie, but... all I know is that they should all be lined up against a wall and shot. :D

alien space marine
Give them a break it was the 60's,They had a tight budget and those effects were pretty good for those days.

OB1
It's not the effects people laugh at...

alien space marine
its the costumes.

Dark Jaguar
No, the effects were bad THEN. That movie, and that show, were INTENDED to be funny. It was a comedy! No laugh track needed, or direct joke, it was just constantly making fun of itself by being so absurd. It WAS intentional though, remember that.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, it was intentionally campy. They never tried to be serious.

OB1
Yes, but it was also really awful.

Great Rumbler
It had Adam West, though!!

OB1

Darunia
Adam West is the major of Quahog, and he LOVES his taffy.

Great Rumbler
But why do people keep stealing his water?!

OB1
Adam West is cool, but his Batman show was crap on a crap-cracker. :)

Darunia
OB1, how can you say that---if his show was sooo poor, how could he rise to such a lofty public office? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

OB1
Lots of old tv stars from crappy shows that we liked as children are cult figures today.

Geno
Anyone ever see old Full House reruns on Nick at Nite? God, what was wrong with us back then?!

alien space marine
Full House = Goatse fetish.

Ryan
Hey, Sonny Bono became a congressman. Sonny fucking Bono.

It just goes to show you don't have to be a good entertainer to be a politician.

Geno
I found skewered bits of Sonny on the ski slope to be quality entertainment. (I'm going straight to hell when I die, so I'm not too worried, am I?)

Darunia
My that was sadistic to say.

A Black Falcon
I have never seen the Batman TV show, and from what I've heard of it I have a pretty low interest in doing so...

Ryan
It was actually quite funny.

I mean, there's something sublimely cool about Batman throwing a punch, hearing a brass flourish and the word BIFF appear on screen, and then you see the thug he hit spin like a ballerina and fall.

Batman TV is like NES games... they are neat when viewed as what they are, but compare them to a modern likeness, and they just look silly.

EdenMaster
Don't forget "ZOW"!

Dark Jaguar
The entire point was that they looked silly though! They were REALLY intended to be comedies! Just watch some interviews with the makers of the show! They never claim it was actually serious, it was ALL comedy!

Geno
Superman (the one with Christopher Reeve) was even worse from what I've heard. You can almost see the strings that hold him up! (Not really, but his flying did look fake... guess that's to be expected for the time though.)

alien space marine
Batman tv show is the product of censoring , When the violent content of comic books finally got a rating board, All the comics like Batman had changed to be more kid freindly, The batman tv show is based on the revised toned down Batman comics.

The original batman was a dark gothic bloody experiences, The movies in 1989 brought back the old Pre 1960's batman which was Dark and scary.

Geno
I guess that's why the 60's show was filled with SFX like BAM, POW, WHACK, VOTE GOLDWATER, etc.

alien space marine
anananana! BATMAN!

Geno
...and Robin!

OB1
It wasn't straight out comedy, it was just weird 60's campness. Joel Schumacher's Batman movies are the modern equivalent of the 60's show, and those crappy movies are unintentionally funny. They throw some lame jokes in there but man... people laughed at them for reasons Schumacher never meant them to.

Ryan
Frank Miller revived the Dark Dark Knight in 1985.

OB1
Yes, he did bring it back from the 60's and 70's era of campiness.

Darunia
The only good Batman movies were 1 & 2. And even then.... (trails off).

OB1
Well those weren't really good Batman movies. They were pretty good movies (the first one at least), just not good Batman ones.

Ryan
Dissent at Tendo City relieved by The Batman.

Thank you, Batman.

Geno
I didn't think Batman Forever was too bad, but Batman & Robin sucked ass.

alien space marine
Batman forever was the best , Val Keilmor is a better Batman.They had Jim carrey and Tom Lee jones.

Batman and Robin was shit , Arnold looked rediculous, Urma Thurma was awful. George Clooney was the worsed Batman.

Geno
Batman & Robin was cheesy, and not in a funny way like the 60's Batman show. That was a ridiculous-type cheesy. Batman & Robin was more of a sappy-and-overly-predictable-type cheesy.

alien space marine
The fact Mr freezes men looked like Hockey players turned me off.

Dark Jaguar
Yeah, all the ones since the 1980's sucked for a different reason, they just plain sucked. Ya know, they were even idiots with the names. Batman Forever already HAD Robin, so why would they name the next one "Batman and Robin"? That's a LOT less impressive, and as we all know, subtitles have to be increasingly cooler or at least the same level of cool with every sequel.

No matter though, Batman is just a rich kid playing hero in the end.

alien space marine
Who guy who spends his time fighting crime dressed up like a Bat , Has serious Issues. Batman is like James Bond just more gay.

Ryan
Hey, when done right, he's fricken badass.

See: Batman: The Animated Series. Badass.

Great Rumbler
The Batman animated series was an awesome show, definitely one of the best serious animated series to be made in America. The new Batman animated series [that has Bruce Wayne as an old man] was okay, but nowhere near as good.

OB1
What GR and Weltall said. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot. The Batman toon was great, even if they had to take out some of the more mature stuff from the comics. But still, great cartoon.

Great Rumbler
The animated movie based on the new Batman series [where Bruce Wayne was an old man] was AWESOME, and that's something because I rarely say that about any serious American animations. It really showed what could be done without the oppressive "cartoons are for kids" stereotype. Just make sure you get the unedited version that's rated PG-13 [WOAH!!] instead of the dumbed-down-for-the-children version.

OB1
Yes, but Mask of the Phantasm is even better. :)

Dark Jaguar
Yeah, the animated series was far better than the live action thing. Even I got hooked on that for a bit.

Great Rumbler
Yes, but Mask of the Phantasm is even better.

That's with Mr. Freeze right? I don't think I've seen the whole thing but I have seen parts of it.

OB1
No that's Sub Zero. Mask of the Phantasm is actually the origin story, and it's ten times as good as even RotJ, which I really enjoyed.

Great Rumbler
Okay, I remember it now.

Darunia
Come to think of it, there were no Batman movies that I liked. The first one had that icy, eerie Edward Scissor Hands effect. That turns me off; so unless they revamped Batman to be more...well, less lame, fake, and eerie à la Tim Burton. I do NOT like his touch to movies.

Dark Jaguar
Edward Scissorhands was a cool movie! A great movie for the whole family, especially the barbers!

The Joker Batman movie though, eh...

Darunia
I just don't like Tim Burton; he's a weird psycho, with the exception of TWO of his movies, which I do like:

1.) Beetlejuice--fuck yea!!
2.) Sleepy Hollow. We got Ian McDiarmid in there (aka Palpatine), AND Christopher Walken! Do movies get any COOLER!? I ask you, DO THEY!

alien space marine
Tim Burtons movies are alot like David Lynch , There long and very wierd.

Great Rumbler
I've liked a lot of Tim Burton movies, namely: Big Fish, Ed Wood, and Sleep Hollow.