View Thread : The E3 prediction game!

OB1
Alright I've come up with a new game, and even though it's cutting it a bit too close, I'm bored so give cares. I call it "GUESS WHAT'S GONNA BE SHOWN AT E3 WOOT!!" and the person who gets the most specific stuff right (and that means stuff that isn't definite, so you won't get any points for saying that MP2 will be playable) wins a prize*. You can of course include the obvious stuff for completion's sake, but remember that you won't get points for it. You can make as many predictions as you want to, but you'll lose points if you get some wrong. We'll find out who the winner is after E3 is over. So to begin, here are my predictions:

Nintendo:

-Wind Waker 2 given a new title and will be playable, and given a March 2005 U.S. release date
-A new Mario platformer will be shown in video form and announced as a q2 2005 release
-Nintendo's big surprise game will be an RPG that takes place in the Nintendo universe, kinda like Kingdom Hearts (not my original idea, but it's a great one)
-Nintendo will show off a new Mario and Zelda game for the DS. The Mario game will temporarily be referred to as Super Mario Bros. 4 and be the first original side scrolling Mario platformer since Mario Land 2. It'll use a 3D engine but will be side-scrolling.
-Kid Icarus will be shown for the DS or GC
-The DS will steal the show, and show how Nintendo is ready to seriously compete with the PSP.
-The DS games will look much better than N64-quality titles, but not quite as nice as Sony's PSP games.
-Nintendo will talk a lot about DS-GC connectivity but will not make it the focus of their presentation

Sony:

-The PSP will be given a price point, and it will not be over $300
-FFVII-2 will be shown for the PSP
-Rockstar will announce, but not show a GTA game for the PSP
-NICO will be playable and given a November 2004 release date

Microsoft:

-New Live features will be announced
-Halo 2 will be playable in multiplayer only

Sega:

-Will announce a short-term exclusivity agreement with Nintendo
-They will show off a new game being developed by Yuji Naka and Shigeru Miyamoto
-Will mention that Shenmue III is in development, but won't say anything beyond that
-Chu Chu Rocket 2 will be shown for the DS and will make the best use of it out of any other third-party DS title

*prize not guaranteed

Great Rumbler
"Metroid Prime 2: Echoes" will be renamed "Metroid Prime: Echoes" and will be so awesome as to cause mass hysteria as tales of its supreme greatness spread through the internet like wildfire. The end of the world will soon follow, although there's little evidence of any connection between MP2 and said end.

EdenMaster

Give it up already, man...

OB1
NEVER!!!!

*runs away crying*

Great Rumbler
They're really going to do it this time! I KNOW it!!

OB1
Hey this is not much different from how we acted before Metroid Prime was announced. Before each E3 I remember going "COME ON, NINTENDO! GIVE US A NEW METROID GAME!!" until we finally got it. :D It was actually the press asking about it at each E3 that made Miyamoto stand up and realize how much demand there is for another Metroid title.

alien space marine
Kotor 2

A Black Falcon
That's not a prediction list, OB1, it's a WISHLIST... :)

OB1
No if it were a wishlist then I would have put Shenmue III playable and given a June 2004 release date, Metroid 5 announced for the GBA, Fable ready to ship in June, and an online plan from Nintendo. :)

A Black Falcon
Kid Icarus? Mario in q2 2005? Zelda in early 2005? A new 2d Mario? DS graphics 'much' better than N64? DS steals the show? PSP not more than $300 (I'd say 'not less than $299') That sounds something like a wishlist you are trying to pretend is possible. :)

Predictions... I don't know...

Oh, I have one. Any other new Lucasarts games will be Star Wars. Unless one is Indiana Jones. But I doubt that.

Um...

-Rome: Total War will be PC game of the show.
-Nintendo will continue to overemphasize connectivity

Um... Sega supposedly has some 'big announcement' planned, but no clue what it is...

OB1
They're not all going to come true, but I have to take some risks with my predictions if I want to get enough points.

OB1
Alright, no one else participated but let's see how much I've gotten right so far:

Nintendo:

-Wind Waker 2 given a new title and will be playable, and given a March 2005 U.S. release date
-A new Mario platformer will be shown in video form and announced as a q2 2005 release
-Nintendo's big surprise game will be an RPG that takes place in the Nintendo universe, kinda like Kingdom Hearts (not my original idea, but it's a great one)
-Nintendo will show off a new Mario and Zelda game for the DS. The Mario game will temporarily be referred to as Super Mario Bros. 4 and be the first original side scrolling Mario platformer since Mario Land 2. It'll use a 3D engine but will be side-scrolling. - I got part of this right. There is a new Mario game (titled NEW Mario, no less), and it's a 2.5D game.
-The DS will steal the show, and show how Nintendo is ready to seriously compete with the PSP.
-The DS games will look much better than N64-quality titles, but not quite as nice as Sony's PSP games. - I was right about this. Some games look N64-ish but others look much better (Metroid, Animal Crossing)[/i]
-Nintendo will talk a lot about DS-GC connectivity but will not make it the focus of their presentation

Sony:

-The PSP will be given a price point, and it will not be over $300
-FFVII-2 will be shown for the PSP
-Rockstar will announce, but not show a GTA game for the PSP
-NICO will be playable and given a November 2004 release date

Microsoft:

-New Live features will be announced
-Halo 2 will be playable in multiplayer only - Right about these two!

Sega:

-Will announce a short-term exclusivity agreement with Nintendo
-They will show off a new game being developed by Yuji Naka and Shigeru Miyamoto
-Will mention that Shenmue III is in development, but won't say anything beyond that
-Chu Chu Rocket 2 will be shown for the DS and will make the best use of it out of any other third-party DS title

Not too bad so far, eh? :)

A Black Falcon
I was right about Lucasarts. Okay, they announced nothing else, really (I think; unless Ep.3 the game came out here? But I don't think that's true), but all of their games except Mercenaries are Star Wars. As I said. :)

I was also right about Rome: Total War. IGN gave it PC Game of Show as well as PC Strategy Game of Show. :)

nickdaddyg
Oh come on mofos, Microsoft will show more than that. Probably some Fable stuff, and uh...Xbox 2 stuff. And say I read that Perfect Dark 2 will probably move on to be an Xbox 2 hit.

Great Rumbler
E3 ended almost a week ago, you know.

an Xbox 2 hit.

It might be a hit if Rare can get the act together. Let's see some good games, Rare!!

lazyfatbum
Oh my dear God... he returns

Dark Jaguar
The Hitler loving queer? *does hitler loving queer hand signal* I LOVE The Daily Show!