View Thread : Angel finale episode

alien space marine
Spoiler!

I dont know how many of you watched Angel through its 5 year run , I was desapointed and sad that the show was canceld despite its great ratings and fan base .I guess those corporate exes needed more money to wipe their asses with 100 dollar bills.

The last episode "fade away" will be apearing next wednesday, Angel ,Spike,Wes,Gun,Lorien,Illoria will be taking on the blackthorn order in the final cataclysmic episode of the series.

Quest characters

Lindsay
Connor

the order of Blackthorn.

Dark Jaguar
Well, not sure really. Personally, I always saw that show, and the rest of those like Buffy, as a sci-fi version of the classic teen drama. I hate teen dramas. Nuff said really.

N-Man
I thought Angel was excellent. It managed to move back and forth between sci-fi/fantasy, comedy and cheap-thrill horror pretty successfully, and IMO there was much less of that teen-drama crap than there was in Buffy. It did start to go downhill lately though; the whole storyline with Angel's son sucked from the very start. I think they could have done some neat stuff with the Wolfram & Hart takeover hook, but the show just sort of settled in between "ridiculous" (Mexican dwarf wrestlers) and "mediocre".

Darunia
Never heard of/seen/cared about it.

alien space marine
The mexican dwarf wrestler was a comedy episode, I liked it.
Angel waisnt a teen drama, Since there is no teens and it is hardly like the O.C. its more like a Horror fantasy show.

The Connor thing is over, But it was cool in season 3 with Holtz trying to get Connor to hate Angel.

Great Rumbler
Never seen it before.

Ryan
I never saw it, but for those who have, I'm interested to know what you think about the overall acting skills of David Boreanaz. There's a Silent Hill movie in the works, and while the studio is keeping mum, rumors are rampant that he may take the lead role, possibly as Harry Mason.Should I be afraid if this turns out to be true?

EdenMaster
There should never be a man named "Angel". That is all.

:gay:

N-Man
Boreanaz is nothing incredible, but he's pretty versatile. He can do drama, the invincible tough-man, the invincible tough-man with a sense of humor, etc. He seems like a shoe-in for a guns-n-zombies type flick, at any rate.

alien space marine
I never saw it, but for those who have, I'm interested to know what you think about the overall acting skills of David Boreanaz. There's a Silent Hill movie in the works, and while the studio is keeping mum, rumors are rampant that he may take the lead role, possibly as Harry Mason.Should I be afraid if this turns out to be true?

David Boreanaz would do fine, He has played in serial killer movies like Valentine. He is a great actor for action and horror flicks and he has alot of passion put into it. If he did Silent Hill he would bring along the Angel fan base.

Its true that Angel is a bad name for a guy , But if you had watched the show you would know he is called Angel because before he had a soul cursed apon him, He was a vicious murderous Irish Vampire lord named Angelus.What is funny is that he Killed Snorsferartu and Hagar the horrible.

Ryan
Boreanaz is nothing incredible, but he's pretty versatile. He can do drama, the invincible tough-man, the invincible tough-man with a sense of humor, etc. He seems like a shoe-in for a guns-n-zombies type flick, at any rate.
Yeah, but if he were to play Harry Mason, he would have to play "scared to death, very uninvincible average joe forcing himself to brave hell to find his daughter". Can he?

Dark Jaguar
Huh, I thought he was some sort of actual angel forced to live in the human world.... nuts, that means he's not super powerful with a flaming sword that comes out of his mouth...

N-Man
Nah, he's a vampire with a soul. He was just a regular vampire until he did something so abominable that he got "cursed" with that condition. So the story of Angel is basically him trying to expiate his vampiric history by helping out people in danger.

I think Boreanaz could play the unassuming-guy-thrust-into-hell part pretty well. He notably has a top-notch "Holy christ, what the fuck is going on?!" freaked out facial expression.

UltraMarioMan
Angel is a very diffrent series then Buffy. Angel is more well adult. While Buffy had a bunch of whiney teenagers who grew into a bunch of whiney college students. Angel has well Angel a guy with some serious issues. Like 100 years of being a psychopath to feel guilty about. There were only two good characters on Buffy, Angel and Spike. Maybe its because I never really watched Buffy but I despise her character. Probably because the first time I saw her character was in that Angel eppisode where Angel was trying his hardest to help Faith (Some issues that girl has) and Buffy showed up intent on killing her not giving a damn if she needed help or not. Came off as a rather childish character... Ok I've vented.

alien space marine
series finale in two days

alien space marine
Angel series finale is today!

alien space marine
John Kerry Lures little Boys!

Vote Paul Martin!

alien space marine
God damn it Angels finale sucked cock!

It didnt even end , They left it on a cliff hanger that will never be concluded.
Kill the hole cast fine, But dont do this to us, It makes us feel our 5 years of loyal viewing was for nothing.

Angel desserved better , of all the crap shows on TV why put the axe to a good rated show like Angel? Those reality shows suck and the WB needs to be destroyed for this.

I hope sombody comits suicide in protest so that WB can have a guilty soul for wrecking the little small enjoyment many of us have in life.

GOD DAMN YOU ALL!

YOU IDIOTS YOU BLEW IT UP!

http://www.drzira.com/apefest/images/planet/statue.jpg

This is too planet of the apes.

N-Man
Angel was on Space Channel all day for some Victoria Day special thing... flipped on and off a few times during the day, and I just caught the last fifteen minutes of the finale. The ending was fucking awesome. It seems obvious they're all gonna die, yet...

I heard someone on the Penny Arcade boards talk about a 2-hour TV movie to wrap it up. Now wouldn't that kick ass? And no need for the WB to have any part in it.

Smoke-X
I liked the Angel finale. I started watching the show more when Buffy ended (yes I admit it, I'm a huge Buffy fan) and I think the show improved when they put Spike on there. My favorite recent episode was the one where Angel was turned into a puppet.

Oh BTW, his real name is Liam. His younger sister thought he was an angel when he came back from the dead. He of course killed her and the rest of the family.