View Thread : A graduate is me!

Geno
yettrda, may ninteenth, too thosnd nd for, a dte whch wll liv in infmy (wait, wrong script), i graddatd frm hgh schol an am goig 2 collidge in th fal. i fel so smert rigt now. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Moiraine
Congrats! I myself am getting ready to graduate the 14th of June. Untill that time I only have to go to school for one more week. Thank God. But again, CONGRATS!

Fittisize
Only one more week, eh? I'm done grade 10 June 27.

Great Rumbler
I've still got one more year of high school left before I make the transition. I really wish there were some good technical colleges in Oklahoma...

A Black Falcon
We finished two weeks ago. College, that is. Though my sisters' school just finished this week...

Geno
And might I also note that the day before my graduation, I bought a Gamecube and a couple games for it. (Including Sonic Mega Collection and Super Smash Bros.: Melee, and just last night, I rented The Wind Waker.)

Well, what was I supposed to use that graduation money for? Saving for college? Pffft...

alien space marine
I hope that Joke waisnt directed at me?

Kodos to you!

Geno
No, I wouldn't have spelled so well if it was directed towards you. j/k

The joke behind that post was that most people would expect a high school graduate to have decent spelling, and I didn't.

alien space marine
There are people who cant read who graduate high school.

Geno
I'm not referring to Canada, FYI.

lazyfatbum
rotf

Laser Link
It feels good, huh? I graduated on Friday, and already a few of my friends and profs are trying to get me to go to graduate school and get a Masters. No thank you, I am so sick of school and ready to get a job. I'm looking forward to it because it will be so great to get paid to work only 40 hours a week, instead of paying thousands of dollars a year for the privilege of working my butt off for these professors who tell me that I need to stop being so lazy and work harder, all the while holding the threat of failure over my head if I don't complete the 200+ hour project perfectly.

nickdaddyg
I graduated already. May 16. Going to Arizona State. Anyone live near there?

Geno
Yes, being graduated feels excellent. I toyed with the idea of not going to college, or at least waiting a year before I start, but I'm probably going to end up going to college this fall anyway. I know what you mean when you say that you're sick of school though. I'd love to say this is the end of my school life, but it sadly isn't just yet.

lazyfatbum
But college is awesome. It's not public school and it's not the same bullshit, it's people who actually want an education... well most of them. Plus all the sex you'll get and the drinking makes for an enjoyable experience.

Dark Jaguar
If it's that sort of college anyway.

Rooooobot houuuuuse!

But yeah, you don't have to deal with all the other so-called "students" being complete morons around you. It's actually CIViL. You'll also be able to actually choose what you want to learn, always good. You WILL however be worked to the bone until you actually get sick of what you love at times :D. It's all great fun. Also, you will finally realize that reading long lists of things like "it's funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious" are just signs you have no creativity of your own.

One small thing, the rumors are true. The SECOND you start college, no matter where you go, you will start liking old Disney movies no matter how much you hated them as a teenager. Kingdom Hearts was MADE with that strange phenomenon in mind.

lazyfatbum
He speaks the truth.

Luau!

If you're hungry for a hunk of fat and juicy meat!
Eat my buddy Pumbaa here because he is a treat!

Come on down and dine-

On this tasty swine-

All you have to do is get in line!

{Parenthetical parts are Pumbaa singing; the apple is at his feet.}

Aaaare you achin'

(Yup, yup, yup)

Foooor some bacon?

(Yup, yup, yup)

Heeee's a big pig

(Yup, yup)

You could be a big pig too!

Oy!

UltraMarioMan
FUNNY POINTS
Fittisize: 2
UMM: 1
Darunia: 1
What did I do funny!!

Darunia
What was my point for?

UltraMarioMan
Something to do with Napolean, Hitler and Canada I'm sure.

Geno
He speaks the truth.

Luau!

If you're hungry for a hunk of fat and juicy meat!
Eat my buddy Pumbaa here because he is a treat!

Come on down and dine-

On this tasty swine-

All you have to do is get in line!

{Parenthetical parts are Pumbaa singing; the apple is at his feet.}

Aaaare you achin'

(Yup, yup, yup)

Foooor some bacon?

(Yup, yup, yup)

Heeee's a big pig

(Yup, yup)

You could be a big pig too!

Oy!

:clap:

Laser Link
I'm just bitter about college because the last 3 semesters were very much overboard. I wanted to actually learn something useful, and almost all of my profs had their heads so far off in Theoryland that we never got to that. They told us that is what we learn on our own, and since what they did teach me has no real application, I am basically teaching myself- something I could do for free. I guess this is how all colleges are, and the only point is to get that piece of paper, but I still don't have to like it.

*is anti-academia*
*is pro-animaniaca*

Dark Jaguar
Not all those people are like that though. Some will teach you the useful stuff, the meatwork (that's not even a WORD, but it SHOULD be because I think you know what I mean), the stuff that you actually NEED to know. Anyway, yeah it is annoying to find a lot of what I'm "learning" I already knew. The languages are important, but the really neat stuff is stuff they either teach as a "bonus" or you gotta learn on your own by experimenting with the language. At the very least, if you enjoy learning on your own and experimenting with all the new stuff that keeps coming out, you'll be able to stay on top of things pretty well.

Ya know, I don't know what "or else" entails exactly, but it can't be pleasent. I figure that you, being the large friendly pile of mold that helps EVERYONE, your ideas of an evil plan would be recycling stuff on the side of the road, you know, paper goes in one bag, glass in another. Anyway, add something to that list. Taz-Mania on DVD!

Geno
Animaniacs on DVD!
Taz-Mania on DVD!
Tiny Toon Adventures on DVD!
Pinky and the Brain on DVD!
Freakazoid on DVD!

Damn... is Warner Bros. slacking or something? Get with the times, WB! Everybody else is releasing their classic shows on DVD! When are we going to be able to watch some of our favorite 90's toons again?

Laser Link
Let's not forget about the Disney classics:
Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Talespin, and Darkwing Duck. I'm recording Toon Disney like made to get as many of these as I can, but it would be a lot easier if Disney would do the dirty work for me.

DJ, not all fo them are like that. But I can think of 1, or maybe 2, who actually taught something practical that I can use in the real world. Of course, they all required that you knew the stuff, but couldn't be bothered to teach. Most of my friends just ignore it, and say "that's college". I hope you all have better luck, or at least don't get so frustrated about it like I do. :)

Geno
The thing about Disney classics is that they're still shown. I heard that I have to order NickToons (yes, it's an actual network now) to see reruns of the WB classics. Who was the idiot who gave Nickelodeon the license to these shows? Why not Cartoon Network instead? (I think they stopped showing Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Freakazoid, and because they didn't have the license to Pinky and the Brain, they couldn't even show the episodes of Animaniacs that featured Pinky and the Brain shorts, except for that one 1776 short.)

Laser Link
If I could get this NickToons, and it really did have Animaniacs, and I had access to a DVD burner, I would do it just for that one show. As much as I love the Disney Afternoon bunch, Animaniacs is my favorite tv show ever.

Geno
It would still be my favorite TV show if I could watch it. South Park will have to hold that position in the meantime.

Great Rumbler
We're the Animaniacs! We're crazy to the max! We've....Agh! I can't remember how it goes anymore!!