View Thread : So I just bought a 149.99 PS2...

UltraMarioMan
Now what?

Dark Jaguar
Um, you were supposed to figure THAT part out BEFORE you bought it.

Okay then, might I suggest you start out with Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, then a little Kingdom Hearts, and wash that down with some Ico. You can then try out Devil May Cry, Xenosaga, and of course the obligatory Final Fantasy game. While FFX isn't the best in the series, it's still pretty fun. FFX-2 is better, though you may be lost in the story if you didn't play FFX first. Then there are the countless other RPGs and tactical games you can get at this point. Some of them good.

UltraMarioMan
Woah there I can't go buying a half dozen games right now. ToS comes out in July and my GC is likely to explode from SoAL overdose.

Ryan
Get Silent Hill 2 first. It's the best PS2 game there is.

A Black Falcon
It's summer and I have some money so I got a game (for the Cube). There were several choices at $15-$20 (SFA, Pikmin, RSIII: Rebel Strike ($20!), Megaman Network Transmission, to name some that I considered), but I ended up with P.N.03... :)

I've got ~$30 left for games now, and I'm thinking of getting Neverwinter Nights... the gold version with the first expansion. I don't really need another game right now, but it's a game I want sometime and I have the money so why not...

lazyfatbum
Hahaha you bought a PS2

Weltall isn't lying that Silent Hill 2 is the best game on the PS2 with 3 and 4 also looking really good. Awesome games if you love survival horror like I do anyway. But i'll be damned if I'll buy a PS2 - I'll get one when sony moves on to PS3. But i'd only be getting it for the Silent Hill games and a handful of RPG's.

That being said, Resident Evil 4 looks like it will blow everything away, so me happy. Of course, it's going to blow everything away because it's stolen alot of ideas from Silent Hill and made them better, but hey progress is progress. :D

Also, look for my favorite game on the PSX, it's called Robbit or no... Robot rabbit... uh... no wait Jumping Flash! yeah! In Jumping Flash, you play as a giant mechanical bunny with lasers! and you fight candy! It's really cool, it's Mario 64 in first person, it also has some sequels. My other favorite game from the PSX is Warhammer... no wait that's an RTS. uh.... shit now i have to look this one up too... Warhawk! woo! It's an awesome 3-D shootemup, imagine U.N. Squadron (SNES) in 3-D! Definitely one of the best 3-D shooters out there. Other than that... There's the RE series but you can get them all on GC and get a better controller for the series rather than that horrible dual shock. Uh... Final Fantasy Tactics, just like the Advance version but a little deeper and fully 3-D. Uh... There's a special version of Chrono Trigger with added animated cut scenes! That's a must have... Then we have metal Gear Solid 2 which is fun, with a 3rd one coming out. (hopefully the 3rd one will see a version on GC too) and of course all the RPG's. Other than those there's nothing else to really bother with, as far as actually purchasing. There's an ass load of games on PS2 that are fun for 5 minutes, so you'll never run out of rentals.

Great Rumbler
Twisted Metal Black!!

Fittisize
Now you buy Chrono Cross. And Vice City.

A Black Falcon
I've only played a couple PS2 games for more than a few minuites. :) MGS2 is quite good. Virtua Fighter is also good. Twisted Metal Black wasn't so good. Other than that ... um I don't remember much... oh, the Ico demo, maybe? Or was I just watching that... maybe that was it...

Great Rumbler
Twisted Metal Black was awesome! It was the best of the series and probably one of the best in the genre.

A Black Falcon
I like racing games, and vehicular combat games (Battletanx is great!), but Twisted Metal... I don't know, I didn't play it much but I wasn't interested enough to want to play it any more than I did. Overrated series.

EdenMaster
Now you buy Final Fantasy X. Listen not to Weltall, this is the best that PS2 has to offer. Metal Gear Solid 2 (while not as good as the original MGS) is worth playing. R-Type Final, Ratchet & Clank, and Jak & Daxter are all great games as well, but I still say you should start out with FFX and MGS2.

Those are just my suggestions though, make your own desicion for yourself.

lazyfatbum
Twisted Metal is only fun when you play it on a different system under a different title called 'Mario Kart' which is the best game of vehicular combat you can find on the entire globe.

Final Fantasy X looks dumb and it managed to piss off hardcore FF fans, so something's wrong there. Chrono Cross should be rented first as it got mixed reviews. Ratchet & Clank sucks, it's like those old Gex games (with the voice of Dana Carvey), remember the little gecko lizard? It was one of Sony's failed mascots. It's basically that. Jak & Daxter is Sony's answer to Banjo~Kazooie since it IS Banjo Kazooie with guns and explosives, so it's worth a look. Thievius Racoonus (I think that's the title) is also worth looking in to. Vice City, as with anything made by Rockstar, should be avoided like the plague that it is.

Ryan
Gex wasn't a failed Sony mascot. The game first appeared on 3D0.

And, don't listen to Eden. FFX sucks my ass so hard it makes my nose bleed.

lazyfatbum
You're right, he was on 3DO first. I guess he was just a failure everywhere he went. :D

Dark Jaguar
Some people enjoy FFX, and yeah the battles are fun I guess, but it's SO linear you are LITERALLY walking on ONE path the ENTIRE game up until the end.

Oh and, Weltall, I really need you to tell me if the other Silent Hill games have that one thing I really didn't like about Silent Hill 2 that sorta killed the whole experience for me. That is to say, walking around about a million places that look exactly the same. Honestly, I really got bored to actual frustration with the boredom wandering into about 50 or so empty apartment buildings that all looked alike just for the chance to get to the good parts of the game.

Chrono Cross got very mixed reviews, but as far as I can tell those who didn't like it went under the assumption that it would be a game that was all about the combos like CT was. CC actually is all about it's own unique battle system involving building up your strength through each battle. The way some describe it, it might sound tedius, but it really is fun. I really enjoyed how each battle actually rose to a climactic clash rather than starting off with the super mega stuff. Ya basically have to use physical attacks to build up your meter allowing for higher hit percentages with your strong physical attacks, as well as being able to use the really strong level spells. THEN you can wail on the enemy. The goal of the battle is strategizing on how to survive when you are weak and use the right amount of mid level attacks so you can both survive and get up to a level where you can finally destroy the enemy with super powered attacks. It's really fun, for me anyway. Also, it's the sort of game you HAVE to play over and over again because the choices you make througout it on who to add to your party will eliminate chances to get other party members later. There are 40 characters, meaning MOST of them aren't very well developed, but they DID do a very good job of developing the actual main characters, about 5 of them actually. The main story is VERY confusing, but it's good. Anyway, the game itself I gotta say is one of the best RPGs I've ever played and it has a very original combat system at that. That's just my opinion of course. There are mixed reviews of it. I still say lazy needs to play that game at least once since all he has to go on are the reviews.

If you are wanting PS1 games as well, as others are suggesting games like Chrono Cross above, I must recommend Xenogears and all the FF games you can get ahold of. PS1 did FF right, though FF8 has mixed reviews (Personally, I loved that one too, but that generation I was handing out the love to all sorts of games that many didn't like, so take that as you will). I will say this. The first 2 Final Fantasy retro collections really screwed up. FF5 and FF6 are straight ports, except they did a really poor job. FF5 only came out here ON the PS1, so that's the only way you can play it. The load times there are decent enough you won't notice much fortunatly, but the speed on a lot of effects and the sounds are really "off". FF6 has load times you can defeat with the PS2's quick load feature for PS1 games. It's not perfect, but it'll make it easily playable. Only problem there is the same bad emulating that FF5 has, plus at the very end, the ending song is out of synch with the scenes, and that song and scene synching is REALLY important to the whole experience there. You'll see what I mean. FF4 is the unaltered original with a brand new translation that doesn't censor anything. You'll get it all from the love triangle that motivated Kain to turn to darkness to the fact that Cid was actually thought to be dead, not just "jumping off here" for no reason. The load times are nonexistant because the entire game is dumped into the PS1's RAM from the start except the music. However, again the emulation suffers from bad sounds to slowdown. Finally, CT. Well, get the SNES version please. Sure it's got bonuses like the FMVs which DO look great and really make you feel those moments (I LOVE when Frog pulls the sword from the ground and slices open the magic cave), and also a full beastiary and treasure maps of all areas, but the emulation is the worst here. The sounds are mostly spot on, but that slowdown is still there occasionally. Worse yet, while the Japanese version of this remake had zero load times, I'm afraid the US version has the worst load times of all these games. Simply aweful.... Unplayable even. In fact, you will pretty much HAVE to turn on quick loading if you want to be able to enjoy the game. Without it, starting a battle will take about 30 seconds or so. Anyway, I can say this. Final Fantasy Origins, two COMPLETE and TOTAL remakes of Final Fantasy 1 and 2, are the best of the lot. NO load times, NO slowdown, NO poor sound emulation (because it's not being emulated). It's how remakes SHOULD be done. The graphics were totally redone (for Wonderswan Color yes, but they do perfectly here and they actually ported rather than emulated it all), and look great, and the sounds were also completely remastered (NOT the WSC version, totally new to make use of the better sound features of the PS1 over the WSC, which used NES level sound anyway). The sound effects sound very genuine, and the music seems to be real instruments. It's Chrono Cross/Final Fantasy IX quality music, if you've heard that. The bonuses are unlocked through things you do DURING the game as well, so they basically added little collections quests for you to do, like fighting every monster in the games to complete the beastiaries. Very fun experience. However, you may want to wait for the GBA version. I fear the music will suffer a downgrade on the GBA (unless they compress it MP3 style for the cart and play it back that way), but it'll have a lot more gameplay stuff added. Oh, I'm pretty sure even if the music is kept, the FMVs will be going bye bye. So anyway, that's my rundown of the various FF ports. 4 of them aren't exactly the best in the world, though a few are certainly worth getting, but 2 are far superior to the originals. Get Castlevania Symphony of the Night as well. If you like Metroid, you'll also like this. It's about the same sort of experience, only with special item drops and levels. Honestly, I still prefer Metroid because it LACKS those things :D, but it certainly has it's own charms because of them and all those Metroid style Castlevanias are VERY fun in their own right. Plus, ya gotta kill Dracula in SOME game in your life time. It's like a requirement.

Anyway, there are a lot of things to try out on the PS1, and a bunch to get on PS2 as well. It all depends on your tastes.

lazyfatbum
omg DJ press enter every once in a while.

Dude I cannot believe I forgot to mention the one PSX game that made me love my PSX while i had it. None other than Einhander baby. Holy God, that was an awesome... no, lemme start again. This game deserves more fanfare.

ahem

FUCK dude! EINHANDER! HOLY GOD!!! GET THIS: ITS A 2-D SHOOTER WITH 3-D GRAPHICS AND YOU PLAY AS A LITTLE SHIP WITH AN ARM AND YOU GET UPGRADES OF VARIOUS NEAT SHIT AND DUDE.... SO SERIOUSLY... DUDE....... OPERA MUSIC. I KNOW! BUT I'M FUCKING SERIOUS! OPERA MUSIC! AND GERMAN PEOPLE :muddled: YEAH! THEY RUN AROUND YELLING "MACH SHNELL! MACH SHNELL!" OR WHATEVER IT IS THEY YELL,I DONT UNDERSTAND GERMAN, BUT FUCK EINHANDER IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! IT'S SO AWESOME THAT EVERY TIME YOU PLAY IT YOU'LL WISH YOU HAD TOYS OF THE MACHINES IN EINHANDER!!!!! IT'S SO INCREDIBLE IT'S REDICULOUS!

So serious now... get Einhander. One of the best games of all time. I cant believe i forgot about that game... man. *spanks self* huh.... *spanks self more* oh yeah..... naughty little.... little whore..... *spanks self alot*

I need to go masturbate now. But get Einhander (that means One Handed in German) and (dude I totally beat Einhander on hard with one hand I rock so much!!!) you'll be very happy man with good feeling, live very long, much children (all hate you). Flied wice 3.50, extra egg? Not for you.

Einhander. Love it.

A Black Falcon
Or instead, get Gradius Galaxies for the GBA. :)

Gradius Galaxies... the perfect difficulty for anyone. Really. It's got three difficulty levels, each with three increasingly challenging loops. So 9 playthroughs. And a choice between 3, 6, or 9 lives... if you can't beat it on easy loop one, you have real issues because it's amazingly easy. But on hard (or even loop two of normal, which I did beat but not without significant effort...)... um, let's just say that it gets... hard. Being mild. :)

...But if you want a 3d shooter, wait for Gradius V. I'm sure it'll be good...

lazyfatbum
Einhander kicks your stupid ass so hard that you find teeth in your underwear.

A Black Falcon
Good shooters should do that. R-Type is like that too. Absolutely ridiculous... actually, I found R-Type DX for GBA a bit too hard. After beating it once I never played through the whole thing again... just not fun. Gradius Galaxies is really hard (at least it sure is by the point I'm at...) but it's just more fun. Gradius is the best. :)

On a similar note, P.N.03 is a quite challenging and unforgiving shooter. Oh, I know, it's third person, but I'd probably compare it more to Gradius than Jet Force Gemini... but that's what I was expecting when I got it, so that's a good thing. If you like running forward, dodging, and shooting stuff you'd like it, but it's admittedly simple in design and scope. And the rooms do repeat a lot, and look very similar. Oh well. That doesn't change the fun, and refreshingly hard, gameplay one bit.

Great Rumbler
Dude I cannot believe I forgot to mention the one PSX game that made me love my PSX while i had it. None other than Einhander baby. Holy God, that was an awesome... no, lemme start again. This game deserves more fanfare.

Einhander!! I remember that game! It was awesome because you were like flying around and then here come the cops and they all like yelling at you in German and you're like "Step off, homes!!" and you start shooting at them because...well I can't remember why you were because it this point the storyling eludes me [if in fact it had one]. I used to have it Einhander but now I can't find it. WHERE IS IT?!

Dark Jaguar
Yeah, I should have sorta seperated my thoughts into seperate blocks, in some fasion that should TOTALLY be a part of grammatical rules... It is? Hurray!

Anyway, I just sorta went from one game to the next there... Oh well...

lazyfatbum
Hahaha, I just hurt DJ's grammatical feelings.

Dont worry DJ; "Where no man has gone before".

Great Rumbler
"I" BEFORE "E" EXCEPT AFTER "C", YOU IDIOT LOSERS!!!

A Black Falcon
"when it's used as 'A' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'" is the rest of that phrase. :)

Great Rumbler
:far-out:

OB1
By far my favorite PS2 game is ICO, nothing even comes close. If you're a fan of adventure-puzzle games and don't care if there's not a ton of fighting, and want to see unparalleled art direction, atmosphere, and a simple-yet-wonderfuly enchanting story, ICO is a must. Then get Mark of Kri, the Silent Hills, MGS2 Substance, the Square games, etc. You'll either fall completely in love with ICO or just not get it, but you owe it to yuorself to at least give it a try.

Dark Jaguar
Actually, there are like 3 versions of that phrase ABF. The first one is rather general. It's also proof of the stupidity of the various spelling rules we have in the English language. What kind of rule has like 30 exceptions IN the rule itself? The 3rd version, right after the neighbor and weigh part says "and in strange words like "weird". I mean, that's REALLY specific right there... Face it, i before e is not really a good rule at all because there are more words that actually BREAK that exception than follow it! Same with things like how the "unusual" verbs outnumber the "common" verbs by far. (There aren't nearly as many verbs that actually have the whole "knock knocked knocking" format for all their forms as there are verbs that don't.) And those silent letters... Oh yes, through! Now, England seems to think we Americans spell it "thru". Online, yes I guess. Anyway, comedians sure approve of it. Through... right... It's like "edgy artists" decided how to spell things. As that comedian put it, they must have had a bunch of letters left over after spelling all the words and had to hide them in words. "Oh, let's just hide this o in there, it kinda sounds right, and how about an h..." "An h?" "Oh, we'll just tell them it's a SILENT h! Hahaha!" "Brilliant!" Yeah, and also a g! Yeah, I know it doesn't sound right but Knight is already stuffed to the brim here! Oh, and a q and a p and a zed!" (Zed, now there's a weird way to say z...) "There! Now we have a word that's worth 50 billion points in Scrabble!"

A Black Falcon
I haven't heard "and in strange words like 'weird', but I think I've heard similar things... and yes, it is a rule that has been expanded to show the folly of trying to have rules like that for this language. :) It's just the consequence of having a language that was formed as a combonation of several others. It's a mess.

EdenMaster
Gex wasn't a failed Sony mascot. The game first appeared on 3D0.

And, don't listen to Eden. FFX sucks my ass so hard it makes my nose bleed.

It's so sad to see a perfectly good gamer who lacks the basic ability to differentiate between a good game and Silent Hill 3.

Poor soul.

A Black Falcon
Anyway, didn't the first Gex get good scores? :)

Great Rumbler
It was a side-scroller.

A Black Falcon
Yes, I know. I seem to recall it being called a good game. But it wasn't just PSX and 3D0... I know I played the demo of it for PC back in '96 or so...

Geno
I just bought a Gamecube and I'm collecting nearly three years' worth of games myself. So far, I've got Sonic Mega Collection and Super Smash Bros.: Melee, and I plan to add The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and Starfox Adventures to my collection soon.

My recommendations for PS2 games include Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (those two games aren't for everyone, so I suggest you rent them first and see if you like them or not), and Kingdom Hearts. Maybe, possibly Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 if you want. There's also Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and... well, just listen to these other guys, I'm a bit behind on my PS2 gaming. (Even though I've had this thing since Christmas, 2001.)

A Black Falcon
The price for Soul Calibur II was just dropped to $20... I might get it. :)

Laser Link
I remember seeing Gex: Enter the Gecko for N64. I think that lizard was on every console.

A Black Falcon
Yeah... but were the later (3d) Gex games as good as the original sidescroller?

Dark Jaguar
Namco should stick Pacman Vs inside ALL their Gamecube games, including SC2. As it is, I have an average level platformer called Pacman World 2 due to wanting that game. It IS fun, about as fun as a game as deep as the best Atari 2600 games can be anyway, but it IS fun. It's certainly worth getting with another game anyway, so long as the other game is decent enough. The instruction booklet for the mini-game however wasn't even designed to fit correctly inside a GCN game case (which is stupid since it's a GCN exclusive anyway), so it'll be all bent up on one side.

One thing, I'd save Star Fox Adventures for later, when you want some eye candy or something. It has some very great hair and grass and general poky effects, but it's really just an average level game. The puzzles all solve themselves, and the game is very short, and very incomplete. You'll find plenty of areas where you'll be saying "shouldn't there be a boss here, and an ENTIRE dungeon here?". It's still fun enough, and better than a lot, and I mean a LOT of games out there, but it's not up to the AAA standards we have all grown accustomed to from the various big name companies. Generally, it really shows what happens when you fire the developers of a game 3/4 of the way through and they just wrap the whole thing up in a couple months.

To replace that, I suggest MGS:TS, or perhaps FF:CC, or F0:GX, or some other acronym you may have to figure out. Oh yes, Mario Sunshine is good fun, unless you were sick of the same type of gameplay by then like I happened to be at the time. It's a good game on it's own, it's just not original. So, if you already played Mario 64, DK64, and two Banjo games before playing this, and you happen to be at the point where you want something new, this won't exactly fill that niche. It is fun though if you WANT to play that sort of thing again (and let's face it, we all do sometimes).

A Black Falcon
Whether or not that post's for me, I'll reply. :)

I have to choose. Save it, wait some time, and probably buy Icewind Dale collection next time I get to the mall, or go buy something for GC in the $20 range soon... I doubt I'll be able to wait that long so I think I know what the answer will be. :) I always do this, buy games when I have five games I'm actively playing... it's probably part of why I so infrequently finish games... I just have too many on the table, and then I get bored/frusterated of some of them and don't finish them despite how good they are. An example for that would be Giants: Citizen Kabuto...

As for SFA, the fact that it's supposed to be so easy is one reason I didn't get it and got a much, much more challenging game instead. As well as the fact that I like shooters, and wanted this game... :) (though I don't know how many other people here would choose P.N.03 over Pikmin)

EdenMaster
Bleh, SFA was very disappointing after all the hype. I was just as excited to get it as any other Nintendo fan, but I only played it for a few hours before I tired of it.

Yes, definitely get Twin Snakes and Soul Calibur II. Both are incredible games that'll keep you coming back for more (at least they did for me).

Back to the Final Fantasy thing, I would whole-heartedly recommend FFX to anyone with a PS2, but I'd be more hesitant to suggest FFX-2. Sure it's not a bad game by any means, but it lost so much of what FFX so great. The music is awful, the girlish romps around Spira can be painful to watch, and I'm just not a fan of real-time battles. Sure, it has some tough bosses, great character progression system (though not as good as the Sphere Grid), and fun mini-games, but give me Blitzball over Sphere Break any day.

Private Hudson
Well EM, it's a good thing FFX-2 had Blitzball. You dolt.

Now, my thoughts.

Twisted Metal Black rocks.
Final Fantasy X rocks.
Final Fantasy X-2 not so much.
Chrono Cross was no where near as good as Trigger.
If you didn't like Twisted Metal Black, it's because you chose one of the slow cars and missed out on all the fun.
Einhander was never released in Australia. .....:(.. !
The original Jak & Daxter has not so much guns and explosives, and is much better than the second.
Burnout 2 owns you all, and the 3rd will own 2.
Silent Hill 2 has the best twist ever in a game.
Silent Hill 3 has a severe lack of puzzles and difficulty.
Lazy hasn't changed a bit, except for the fact that I haven't seen any beastiality porn in this thread.
You're all a bunch of dirty abbo cunts.
I like to urinate in a cup and throw it from a moving vehicleat people suffering from erectile dysfunction (my Dad..)
Homeless people are just like regular people, only they lack proper social skills, smell really bad, don't have homes, act and look different, have sex with old Transformer figurines (I'm assuming), and continually use the phrase; "See? It's not so bad once it's in, is it, bro?"
Charles Bronson is still sexy, despite his decomposed state.
Ovarian cists go well poached with Hollindaise sauce and various obscure Oprah Winfrey merchandise (such as her failed "Hitler" themed Halloween episode)
The number one cause of diabetes is obesity.
I have a penis the size of a small sail boat.
If you must run with scissors, do so around children.

Oh, and this:
http://www.australianexplorer.com/photographs/other/aboriginal.jpg

UltraMarioMan
For anyone whos wondering I bought FFX & SH2

Great Rumbler
:clap:

UltraMarioMan
Private Hudson try as you might you are no Lazy. I may get FFX-2 if for nothing more then the novelty of it being the first FF sequel. Tho there is strong enough evidence that one might be able to consider IX a sequel to the original.

Ryan
Play FFX first, so that it doesn't disappoint you. Then play SH2. And tell me every detail about it. I love it.

Out of curiosity, did you get the Greatest Hits version of SH2? Unlike practically all games, the GH version of SH2 actually has extra stuff.

EdenMaster
For anyone whos wondering I bought FFX & SH2

Wise choice selecting FFX. It starts off slowly, the first hour or so kind of drags, but it's setting up story so that is half expcted. Once you find yourself in Besaid though, it's all uphill from there.

PH: The Blitzball in FFX-2 was there, yes, but it was condensed so much that I just didn't find it fun anymore. The original Blitzball rocked. Recruiting your team and watching them evolve, piloting them around the sphere pool and learning new abilities to use against them. It took a LOT of Blitzball to fully power up Wakka's ultimate weapon, but using Attack Reels with 99,999 damage on each of the full 18 hits is simply orgasmic.

alien space marine
Wise choice selecting FFX. It starts off slowly, the first hour or so kind of drags, but it's setting up story so that is half expcted. Once you find yourself in Besaid though, it's all uphill from there.

PH: The Blitzball in FFX-2 was there, yes, but it was condensed so much that I just didn't find it fun anymore. The original Blitzball rocked. Recruiting your team and watching them evolve, piloting them around the sphere pool and learning new abilities to use against them. It took a LOT of Blitzball to fully power up Wakka's ultimate weapon, but using Attack Reels with 99,999 damage on each of the full 18 hits is simply orgasmic.

:barf:

I never needed to max any of my characters to beat FFX, When you got Yunie who needs a wife?

Blitz Ball was fun, But the besaid Aurochs are like special olympic athletes they really suck.

UltraMarioMan
Augh blitzball I HATE it. Its way to complex for an RPG minigame. Not to mention the AI cheats like crazy.

Dark Jaguar
It's in recruiting and raising their skills. And yes it WAS complex, but it was intended to be a really big mini-game. The AI doesn't cheat by the way, it just takes advantage of your team's weaknesses. Trust me, the starting team is SO much weaker than most enemy teams... If you don't train your players and find other ones, you'll loose pretty much all the time simply because your players suck, not because the computer cheats. Even just training your starting characters will get you a super powered team by the end if you know what you are doing, but I liked having a mix of all the races of Spira in there rather than just a bunch of boring humans.

That said, while a fun diversion, it really didn't make up for the game being far too linear. Some people don't mind that, but I'm telling you, you really ARE LITERALLY walking down the SAME path right up until the end. There ARE lots of side quests, but you only really get access to them at the VERY end when you finally get free roam over the world (in the most boring way possible, I want to actually CONTROL that airship... the way GOD INTENDED!). Sure, FF games are linear to an extent anyway, but you are still generally allowed to take off running towards some other places at most points in the game for diversions. I like being able to say "Yes, we must go to Zozo and find... ooh what's that place?!" when I play an RPG.

EdenMaster
:barf:

I never needed to max any of my characters to beat FFX, When you got Yunie who needs a wife?

Blitz Ball was fun, But the besaid Aurochs are like special olympic athletes they really suck.

Of course not. You can beat the game once you get that far into it, but once you find the monster arena and start making your characters into demigods, a whole new area of play emerges.

You are aware you can recruit NEW members the Aurochs, right? A few recommendations from my Dream Team:

Yuma Guado: A great goalie, you can find him inside one of the houses in Guadosalam.
Mep: An actual monk of Yevon, decked out in all the robes, is one of the best players you can find. Grab him up before another team does. He's at Kilika Temple.
Rin: The world-famous shopkeep makes a great midfielder. He can be found in many places about Spira.

There are more, but these guys stand out. Find em and start enjoying Blitzball. Also, learn the Jecht Shot when you're on the S.S. Liki!

UltraMarioMan
(in the most boring way possible, I want to actually CONTROL that airship... the way GOD INTENDED!)
*Looks at his 100+ hour "Vyse the Legend" SoA:L save* Any airships that you can't take into battle with other airships would just seem bleh at the moment.

A Black Falcon
100 hours? What were you doing, getting every single thing in that game twice over? :)

UltraMarioMan
Discoverys baby!

Dark Jaguar
I tend to take my time, so generally I have most of my RPG's clocks maxed out by the end :D. Current ones don't get to half... Maybe I'm speeding up more than I know, but I think it's just that the RPGs are getting shorter.

I should get back into Skies of Arcadia. Battling Airships is fun. Oh yes, and in FF6 and FF7, there were in fact some airship battles. They were all prescripted though, not something you can do whenever you want. Eh, anyway it's just fun to fly your ship around after all that time stuck on the ground. Being able to select a region from a list after all the time stuck on the ground really doesn't have the same impact...

Private Hudson
Just for the record, I think FFX-2 is the worst in the series. The story is just so... ugh.

Private Hudson try as you might you are no Lazy.

You're damn right, I'm a good 3 inches short. But that also begs the question, if anyone tried, could they really be anyone else? For example; if Lazy was to try and be UltraMarioMan (whatever his reasons may be..) could he possible live up to the expectations brought upon by the original? Mark Wahlberg couldn't pull off Charlten Heston, so why would I be able to pull off Lazy? (Insert masturbation joke here). Thus, why would one want to pull off something that is un-pull-offable? Like.. some.. kind of.. an old man.. who can't swallow his.. viagra.... desperately trying to gratify himself one last time! Ha! Brilliant.

http://www.horrorcards.org/images/planet-of-the-apes/planet-of-the-apes-zaius.jpg[/img]

Thus, it only stands to reason that I am not in-fact trying to [i]pull anyone off, rather, being myself, given that being anyone else is just unfeasable, as proven by Mark Wahlberg.

http://www.popmatters.com/film/reviews/p/images/planet-of-the-apes.jpg[/img]

So you may ask yourself: are you (me [if you were asking yourself, and not being asked the question by me]) mistaken as to whom I actually am?

http://home.earthlink.net/~scouters2/images/rboost.jpg

For I can assure you having started posting at these forums some years ago, I was already posting at various forums, and indeed writing letters and other written forms of expression in such a manner that resembles someone such as lazy. The fact that you are a big fucking cry baby, with a little penis, and let's not forget a fettish for all things polycotton, should not interfere with my posting at these forums. And while we're on the topic of attempting to impersonate people, let's take a look at you! The so called "UltraMarioMan".

http://n64.emuscene.com/mario.jpg

Are you [i]infact this man? Unless you can prove otherwise, I'll assume you're this man:

http://www.okbu.edu/campuslife/images/wwpics/nerd.jpg

So I've devised this little poem, just for you.
Ode to UltraMarioMan/Stupid little piece of shit pretending to be something he's not

The way is clear for you, dear friend.
For years you've searched, you've reached the end.
For the many tears that have been shed,
You're a stupid fuck, I wish you were dead.

For when you type your stupid shit,
It seems like you're having an epileptic fit.
Dribbling, burping, being incorherent.
I'd be really ashamed to be your parent.

You're a dumb fuck, I think we can all agree,
On your face, I'd like a monkey to pee.
When apenis is erect, you get so excited,
You love to suck, you can not fight it.

And when my cock is in your mouth,
Try to resist the temptation to head down south.
For while my anus is supple and delightful,
It's your finger, which is truely frightful.

I've never seen so many spots and blisters,
You surely received them from your sisters.
You're dumb, and you practise incest,
You stupid fucking pedophile I kill you like pineapple growing on trees eating bugs and taking cadavers home to experiment rustic furniture LOOSE DICK LIP FLAPS I'll see your Full House, and raise you My Three Sons. Well I'LL see your straight, and raise you as a girl, in the rainforests of Peru, where dears play, and windows are glued to the leaves like some such cabbage of torture and George? What? You call it passover? I call it FUCKED IN THE ASS, stupid whore. As I discover L-I-M-P discover. Have you gotten artsy-fartsy, or are you just trying to be like Andy Kaufman? Man that was a good sandwich, like.. fruit. Elopean tubes? TUBES THAT LEFT MY MOTHERS BODY TO RUN AWAY WITH EACHOTHER AND TIE THE KNOT! THEY TIED IT! NOW THEY SURELY CAN'T CONCEIVE creationism, or darwinism? What? Who said apes weren't monkies? They all look like little girls to me, and that means... wait.... /erection. Holy jesus, there's a small black child on the computer next to me trying to play some God forsaken game and she's talking to me, but I'm continuing to ignore her, she's CLAPPING! "That's.. not bad" apparently, WHO GIVES A FUCK!? MOTHER FUCK, surely you jest.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/monkeypee100.jpg

UltraMarioMan
*Slowly backs away from Private Hudson* I'll be uh...running away very quickly now... *Runs*