View Thread : Fucking Ville australia

alien space marine
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_981264.html

This isnt a hoax , Its true and them silly aussies want the name to stay!

Imagine their elementary school , Fucking ville school and Fucking " High" LOL!

Great Rumbler
Similar votes on a name change have taken place recently in neighbouring Austrian towns Wank am see and Petting, as well as in Vomitville and Windpassing.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :chuckle: :chuckle:

EdenMaster
:disgust:

I don't buy it. Too far-fetched.

Great Rumbler
Wait a minute! It says "Austria" not "Australia"!!!

alien space marine
Having Fucker or Fokker for a last name isnt as uncommon as you might think.

I am not sure if its true, Since I just got this link from sombody I dont know how credible this news site is.

Still is funny ,It could be true.

Great Rumbler
I saw it on Fark.com.

A Black Falcon
So did I. But all they do is link, so the question is about the site linked here... and I think that Ananova is credible. And yes, Fokker certainly is a German name... like the WWI plane company...

Geno
It's definitely not true. The last paragraph gave that much away. It is funny though. :D

A Black Falcon
Maybe not true, but it could be... :)

Fittisize
I've seen this before...and it's true.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/austria.asp

EdenMaster
Ah, well what do you know? Snopes is definitely reputable, so I guess there is such a Fucking town :).

The first article would have been more plausible without that last paragraph, which is obviousy and blatantly false.

A Black Falcon
Obviously and blatantly? Ananova is a good site. I'd trust its news. So I would say that it's probably also true. More likely than not, anyway.

Geno
Like EM said, the article would seem believeable if not for that last paragraph.

Great Rumbler
That last paragraphs does seem a bit over-the-top, but who knows? Maybe it is real...

EdenMaster
Oh please, ABF. Do you just disagree to start debates that will never end? Are you telling me that you believe there are Austrian towns named Vomitville and Windpassing? Ananova may be reputable, but that doesn't mean they can't take a few comedic liberties. They were obviously posting this as a humor article, and added an extra chuckle at the end.

Come now, I know you're smarter than that.

A Black Falcon
I didn't say that it's definitely all true, did I? No, I don't think so... I said that the main story certainly looks true, and thus I'd be more likely to think the whole thing is (than if the whole thing was made up).

EdenMaster
If you ask me, they were just using their creative license to make a funny real story a little funnier with a couple of fake names, is all.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, maybe. But wouldn't you want to live in Vomitville? :)

EdenMaster
Nobody's disputing that, but personally, I think if I had a choice, I'd be living in Windpassing :).

Geno
When referring to the town of Fucking, am I allowed to say Fucking on TV without getting a bleep or in front of my parents without getting a red mark on my cheek in the shape of a hand?

Probably not, so I'd best not try it. But that'd be so cool! It's like the privelage of saying shih tzu.

UltraMarioMan
...Can I change my last name?! :D