View Thread : "Who are you calling old?"

EdenMaster
<b>Centenarian Breaks 100M Sprint Record</b>

CAPE TOWN, South Africa (July 10) - It took him two tries, but South African Philip Rabinowitz made it into the Guinness Book of World Records Saturday as the fastest 100-year-old to run 100 meters.

Rabinowitz made his run at the Green Point stadium in 30.86 seconds, beating the previous record of 36.1 seconds.

Last week Rabinowitz also broke the record, clocking 28.7 seconds at the Mandela Park Athletics stadium in Khayelitsha, outside Cape Town. But a power outage stopped the official electronic clock, so the time was not recorded or recognized.

But the man known as "Rabinoblitz" and "Flying Phil" was not deterred, and this week he returned for a second try, the South African Broadcasting Corp. reported.

Rabinowitz already holds the record for world's oldest competitive walker.

He practices daily by walking 3.7 miles and sticks to a healthy diet. Rabinowitz, who turned 100 in February, still works, handling accounts for his daughter's business.

He participated in the South African leg of the Olympic torch relay across the globe earlier this year.

This is really something. We should all hope to be this active and healthy when we're 100 :)

alien space marine
There is people who are 90 jumping out of air panes.

The oldest guy in recorded history was 120, He waisnt senile, He still kept his Marbles and was sane, Sure maybe he was a bit slow and tired at times but what the hell do you expect being the oldest guy on the planet!

he had good genes,Good diet,Good exercise,Happy life,Lucky and believed his long life was a blessing from god for helping people.

Fittisize
...31 seconds? Bwahahahaha! If I live to 100 I'm surely going to break that record.

Great Rumbler
I'm totally going to beat that record when I turn 100.

alien space marine
Thats if you dont get hit by a bus!

EdenMaster
...31 seconds? Bwahahahaha! If I live to 100 I'm surely going to break that record.

You're not sure if you'll even live that long, but you're certain that if you do, you'll have the strength to even lift yourself out of a chair?

I can't wait to see that!

*looks at watch*

Come on...turn 100 already!

Great Rumbler
Wow, it's only 83 years until I turn 100. Time sure flies, doesn't it?

EdenMaster
Ha ha! I'll be 100 before you! I only have 79 years left!

alien space marine
The Race to age!

Who ever thought? :banana: :banana: :banana: :violin: :carrot:

EdenMaster
Oh, don't worry. He's not that far behind me, he could still catch up and beat me there.

Mega Man: I HATE TIME TRAVEL!

Great Rumbler
Ha ha! I'll be 100 before you! I only have 79 years left!

We'll see who's laughing when I perfect my aging machine and become 100 years old in a matter of MINUTES!! Yeah, that's right! Hmm...Maybe I'd better work on an anti-aging machine too...

alien space marine
I have a better idea,Why not keep your Youth but be 100 years old?You will look 20 but are 100, That way you can surely beat that record.

Geno
I'll break all of your records when I turn 200! That's right, I plan to live until I'm 200 and nothing's gonna stop me! Disease, worn out muscles, the fact that I don't eat right... none of that's going to stop me!

EdenMaster
I'll break all of your records when I turn 200! That's right, I plan to live until I'm 200 and nothing's gonna stop me! Disease, worn out muscles, the fact that I don't eat right... none of that's going to stop me!

I'm sure Lumashi will strangle you well before then :).

Geno
Oh, damn, guess I forgot to take that factor into consideration.

EdenMaster
Avoid domestic disputes...otherwise <b>I</b> shall claim the record you seek!

*gets into cryogenic freezer*

I wonder how many posts will be in this thread when I wake up...

EdenMaster
*gets out of freezer*

So this is the future!

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/moon-pie.jpg

"Moon Pie"?

What a time to be alive...

Geno
*is a crippled 200-year old man in a wheelchair* I told you I'd live this loooooooong... *falls asleep*

EdenMaster
Hey, good job. Have a Moon Pie.

Now then, has Mario 128 come out yet :D?

Geno
No, they delayed it for the release of Mario Party 157. It's a great new installment to the series! This time, everyone wears tutus! Other than that, it's pretty much the same as Mario Party 156.

EdenMaster
Pfft. Is Soul Calibur 57 out yet?

Geno
Yeah, they finally released it. They delayed it for some time for the new innovative idea that Miyamoto left in his will: Kirby's Drum. Guide Kirby through his quest to beat a drum before King Dedede outdrums him.

EdenMaster
His will? He was in the freezer next to mine. He's getting woken up in another 65 years. Much to my surprise, he's been frozen since the early nineties. After Nintendo's succes, he decided to freeze himself so he might "enlighten the minds of the future, since Nintendo will always be at the top of the charts even without him". After PSX came along though, they simply activated the emergency Miyamoto-bot android to lead the company's creativity.

I was shocked too. Imagine how he'll feel when he wakes up.

Geno
Wow. So his bot has been making games for the past 182 years? Well, I plan to live to be 265 so that I can see what kinds of games the real Miyamoto makes!

EdenMaster
Such is the dream of us all.

Great Rumbler
Oh yeah?! Well, I'm going to live to 1000! And guess what? By then all of you will be DEAD! And only I will be left alive from TC!! That's right! I'll have outlived you all and then I'll have...no one...to talk to... :(*cries*

Geno
If you get too lonely, just remember what they say: A gunshot to the head is worth two in a bush.

...wait, that made no sense. At all.

Great Rumbler
If you get too lonely, just remember what they say: A gunshot to the head is worth two in a bush.

...wait, that made no sense. At all.

Well, actually I guess that it...in a way...you know...yeah it doesn't make any sense.