View Thread : Watch me download hundreds of megs of crap I don't need just because I can!!

UltraMarioMan
I'm getting DSL WOO!!

Great Rumbler
I hate you.

Fittisize
I've had DSL for close to two years now.

A Black Falcon
Yeah, isn't cable awesome?

EdenMaster
Welcome to the club. Enjoy the nearly endless stream of viruses and worms you'll surely recieve!

Most of them not from me.

Geno
Is that what's been wrong with my computer for the past three years?

alien space marine
I have a virus in my computer right now, I got it clicking on a link in a forum and in 5 seconds my computer was infected.

Ive had DSL for 3 years now.

Great Rumbler
I still have 56k. *cries*

alien space marine
GR If this was Fahrenheit 451 I would be well in my right to start a fire in front of your house.

Probaily using Dog crap full of methane Gas.

Great Rumbler
What are you talking about?

alien space marine
Obviously you never read Fahrenheit 451. It predicted that if you didnt have a satelite dish on your house the Fire department was orderd to burn down houses of backward people who would not comply with society.

Well Done GR you ruined my joke! :bang:

I hope your pleased!

A Black Falcon
... Farenheight 451 is about having books, not not having satellite dishes... though not having one (or cable) might be a sign you have books, so they might want to check you out anyway...

UltraMarioMan
I still have 56k. *cries*
Well I still do until Monday.

Laser Link
Most of them not from me.

Hahaha

EdenMaster
Obviously you never read Fahrenheit 451. It predicted that if you didnt have a satelite dish on your house the Fire department was orderd to burn down houses of backward people who would not comply with society.

Well Done GR you ruined my joke! :bang:

I hope your pleased!

Yet more evidence that a joke just isn't funny if you have to explain it.

alien space marine
... Farenheight 451 is about having books, not not having satellite dishes... though not having one (or cable) might be a sign you have books, so they might want to check you out anyway...

That was one reason, But when I said satelites its because in the book the goverment doesnt want to destroy information,Just Info that threatends them and promotes free thinking thats why you need a satelite so you can hear their propaganda, If you dont equip yourself with the goverments communication links like everyone else, They will assume your a rebel and yes reads books they dont want you to read since Books are a sign of free thought.

By the way having 56k is like still having black and white television.

A Black Falcon
By the way having 56k is like still having black and white television.

I agree. :)

Great Rumbler
Except around here the only color tvs you can get cost a huge amount of money and have a really blurry picture.

UltraMarioMan
WINAMP HAS INTERNET TV WITH SUBBED ANIME!!! I think...I may cry...

Fittisize
Oh man...I remember the first two days after I got DSL. I must have downloaded 300 songs and ...many movies with Kazaa. Man did I ever get a lot of viruses.

A Black Falcon
Heh... I think I've only gotten one virus before, and Norton found it...

Great Rumbler
Mostly I just get spyware, I don't get viruses very often.

UltraMarioMan
Oh man...I remember the first two days after I got DSL. I must have downloaded 300 songs and ...many movies with Kazaa. Man did I ever get a lot of viruses.
Wow I've got restraint. I've downloaded 5 things in about 28 hours. The second Inuyasha movie, The first episode of Hellsing, the opening and closing of Hellsing, and the BW version of Night of the Living Dead.

Fittisize
Only once have I downloaded a full movie. It was Clerks, and I only watched about ten minutes of it before I closed it and deleted the file, and then bought it on DVD. It's too hard to watch movies on a computer. I'm always pausing it to talk on MSN and surf the web. And I was talking about fifty-second clips, not full movies. And it's hard to have restraint when you can click on a song to download and in less than a minute it's already done! It was a whole new world compared to the 28k days.

A Black Falcon
I didn't start downloading a lot immediately, but getting cable did eventually lead to a much larger games collection... music? A few years later. Anime... that I started getting my second year of college. Of course then I quickly got lots of all of those and filled my new 80gb hdd within two months of getting it... :D

UltraMarioMan
Well one thing holding me back is my HD is only 20 gig and even on 56k I managed to fill 95% of it (Took 3 years to do it tho) Trying to move the unnecessary stuff to CDR.

Fittisize
A few months after I got DSL I had to get my computer re-formatted. It crashed and burned bad. All the music and movies and programs that I downloaded (including Photoshop and four different emulators which I never used once) combined with the virusues (virii?) that I got led to me losing everything. Since then I've slowed down significatly with downloading.

A Black Falcon
20GB? I have 60GB of stuff installed that I actually own and many more gigs (of my family's many music CDs, which I'm planning on burning to my PC) that I haven't done yet...

Of course, no one really needs 8 or 9 gigs of game demos installed on their computer, but I have it anyway because I can. :)

EdenMaster
It's too hard to watch movies on a computer. I'm always pausing it to talk on MSN and surf the web.

I have my computer tied into my TV with S-Video cables. Thus, anytime I want to watch any movcie or TV show I downloaded, I just switch to TV mode, and there it is. It usually isn't perfect quality, but hey, the price is right.

Fittisize
So your TV and computer are in the exact same spot? I wouldn't like that. I've also tried watching episodes of Family Guy on my computer (later I bought both volumes) but I still was pausing too often to talk on MSN...something about being that close to the screen makes it so I can't watch anything on it.

EdenMaster
No, my TV is about 6 or 7 feet away, on top of a dresser. It's along the same wall that my desk is on, though. It was a snap to stretch a little length of cable. I can also tie it into my stereo speakers at the same time, should I choose to.

Laser Link
I have a TV-tuner built into my video card, so I can watch and record tv on my computer. It's basically like a cheap Tivo. It's not the best quality, but it's decent. But it comes with the crappiest video editing software ever, so my plans to record every Ducktales, Talespin, Darkwing, etc episode on DVD have so far been fruitless. I can't find any good software for free, and I'm cheap, broke, and unemployed.

I can play console games on here too, but there is a 1 second lag that makes it impossible to actually play.

EdenMaster
I'd like to have a video card that could accept TV input.

I'm not sure what I'd do with it, but it would be cool. I could take game screenshots.