View Thread : OK why are they adding the heavy connections to the RE games to the second RE movie?

UltraMarioMan
The first one had barely any connections and without the company name (Not quite right either its Umbrella Incorperated not corperation) and the T-Virus and the Licker I guess (And Lickers were not BOW's they were accidental should have been a Hunter) it would just be a zombie movie. Why suddenly add Jill and mention of the mansion incident. Fan outcry maybe?

Dark Lord Neo
As you said, probably Fan Outcry

Great Rumbler
If they want the monies they need to get some fan support.

A Black Falcon
Jill? Jill isn't in Resident Evil 2...

UltraMarioMan
Theres the other problem. It seems they're completely skipping the second game's story. it should have Claire and Leon with William running around. Instead they're taking things from RE3.

Great Rumbler
That's why most movies based on games suck, because the directors/writers never want to use the story that's already in the games and instead write something new that usually sucks.

Darunia
Why the fuck can't they just make a movie based on REMake with an ultra-cool mansion, spooky, shuffling, moaning zombies (as opposed to running, growling zombies), with Barry and Wesker and Jilly-poo....?

Great Rumbler
I don't think anybody knows except the people that made the movie and...maybe even they don't know.

A Black Falcon
That's why most movies based on games suck, because the directors/writers never want to use the story that's already in the games and instead write something new that usually sucks.

Yeah, the game stories aren't always the best, but in many cases they're better than the trash Hollywood comes up with...

Great Rumbler
An RE movie based on RE2 would be awesome and they've already got most of the story already made for them. It makes no sense to me.

Darunia
This reminds me of that comic that was displayed here; where it showed a board meeting, and the boss'd said to a guy "clean out your desk, you don't work here anymore" to a guy for having a good idea... it was a classic.

A Black Falcon
GR, Hollywood using a game story, even if it is decent? What is this absurdity?

Great Rumbler
Unthinkable!

OB1
I don't think using any of the RE game stories would make for a good movie. They're just too campy.

A Black Falcon
But they're SUPPOSED to be, OB1...

Great Rumbler
I don't think using any of the RE game stories would make for a good movie. They're just too campy.

Surely they could make a great movie based off RE2 without it being really campy.