View Thread : Alien Vs Predator Review

alien space marine
I thought the movie was decent but not spectacular, If this movie came out ten years ago it would have been a blast but while it excels in technical and visual terms somthing is missing from this beast, I believe it has alot to do with over saturation not just of the series but the genre even more so the hole industry. Director Paul Anderson is gaci the movie botcher everything he touches turns to shit, The guy has no vision he just grabs already existing ideas and slaped them together like a baby who discoverd his crap soiled diapers can be tossed at people.AVP besides mutiliating two legendary franchises has commited identity theift of every Sci fi horror flick out there, You can see a bit of Stargate ,Vertacle limit,Startrek and god knows what else in this abomination.Resident evil was a hidious montrosity this movie is just a leg up to abomination well done now you can make a movie that can actually be watched without a seizure or chronic nausea and I dont mean because the movie is scary or horrorifying but because it sucks,This movie is upgraded too just lacking.

Maybe I am a little harsh but my anger is directed at the studio and its greedy cash sucking whores who lack art and vision.If your gonna want to make sequeils get James cameron and Ridely Scott to do it, Please for all that is holy do not send brain dead stoners like Anderson who are dazed out of their heads.This movie didnt even make me twitch because I not only didnt care if the characters died I almost was relieved they were no longer going to wreck the movie, The best Dialogue was the roaring and screeching of both A&P and perhaps the cheap put on screams of those talentless low budget actors.Anderson could have done us a favour and do a M.Night.Shamaylan and be in his movie preferably sliced and diced.

The Acting sucked ! All the characters were boring no conflict within themselves and most of all the cheap terror and fear waisnt apparent.

What could have made this movie better? Steven Seagull or some beef cake , Jesus id love to see Tom Cruise get masacred! Alien Resurection had the Hell Boy dude and the wierd Rippley Clone why a bunch of geeks and Ricky Martins its like having a Stargate movie were every character was Docter Jackson Dorklords what happend to variety?

almost Everybody dies! Aliens and Predators included , The Sole survivor some cliche black chick that almost had a Predator do a fetish on her. The Predator mothership shows up to collect the bodies and give the close of encounters of the fucked up kind effect to this movie. Our leading lady is left stranded alone in a tank top in the middle of antartica with only a Predator staff weapon to protect herself.

What could have made this movie better.

1.James Cameron

2.Better Actors

3. More mechs

4.Change Formula

5.new types of aliens

6.Predators should have hover bike and vehicles

7.More Humour

8.More Pussy

9.War

10.Penguins more Penguins

bountyhunter
Dude with all the things that could have made this movie better you could use to make your own movie, and it would still be better.

And thanks for the review ^_^
I have been wondering how this movie would turn out, I loved both serries and worked on several mods for the games, turns out my fears were right, it's even worse knowing I had a bigger scare of the movie being a flop then I'm going to get while watching the damn movie.

Great Rumbler
The general concensus among reviewers seems to be that the movie just isn't that good, which is sad because it had huge potential.

alien space marine
Lunatics made these movies and lunatics will make it better, Anderson tries to be good but he either tokes to much or not enough.

I saw the Alien origins documentary, The original designers and creators resent all the movies after Aliens 2 and I cant blaim them who likes to see your pride and art get waterd down into liquid smoothy.Its the studios when ever they need cash they milk and rape one of their past creations and eventually they forget how to do anything else.

What I would have done is change the hole formula , For one thing people dont scare easy anymore and like the video game industry they keep focusing on fancy effects and less on story and characters , This movie would have been better if it was played by Homeless people. Its not what you use its how you do it. Every Aliens movie had a theme the first one was life and death , Number 2 was Mother hood , Number 3 the studio sucked the life out of the original concept so it was basically a eaten up and barfed out story and its original director left so it got pulled around everywhere but its theme was redemption.AVP doesnt have a theme if it does its not visible , Aliens IV was pretty good it changed the original concept and also played with older ones. AVP is every movie you have ever seen cut into pieces and stitch back to together like frankenstein unfortunately those movies have been milked too , How much sucking will it take till the nipples fall off! Spiderman movies had to change and evolve the first movie was pretty well a comic book but the sequeil was a epic novel.

Darunia
I'll be rooting for the Aliens. James Cameron's 'Aliens' is one of the greatest sci-fi- action films ever. The 'Predator' films didn't do much for me.

Great Rumbler
Yeah, Aliens was an awesome movie. It's actually the only movie in the series that I've seen, I really should see the first one. Predator was okay, not as good as Aliens but better than a lot of sci-fi action movies.

Darunia
Lol...they spoofed 'Aliens' a bit tonight on Sealab; the one with the gloops. I'd never seen it before.

James Cameron's just about the best filmmaker ever! He made the only good (the only one I've seen or care to see) 'Aliens', he made True Lies, Titanic...such a diverse filmography, but they're all fuckin' great movies.

Dark Jaguar
Odd, those are the exact movies I'm talking about when I say I can't stand action flicks.

Darunia
My god man, how can you not like those---!

alien space marine
James Cameron also made Terminator 1-2, T3 was ok but clearly lacked the finese of JC.

I am pissed that the Aliens franchise is being turned into the same mold as Pop music its all about $$$ and less about passion and art.They have ruined it there could have been a potentially amazing Aliens movie or AVP but they ruined it by Deluding the glory with this half ass attempt.

Id like to get out of the shitty locked in a corner formula, I say its time to unleash the aliens on the hole planet and get into your bedrooms and homes.That might make it more like starcraft but hell it would have been better then this shit.

A Black Falcon
I haven't seen any of the Alien or Predator movies...

Darunia
I love movie crossovers; I never cared for the Nightmare of Elmstreets, or the Jason movies, but Freddie vs. Jason was campily fun! Likewise; I think that Aliens vs. Predator will be the same.

A Black Falcon
Darunia, as for DJ, remember that she's a girl and that should explain it. :)

alien space marine
After seeing Aliens II , All I can say is they dont makem like they use too!

That movie was just surprise after surprise and even though I am hard to scare it did give me a buzz which is amazing, To be honnest Computer CGI is shit the old fasion way is more organic and fleshly ,Sure they cant move as good but they seem real thats the difference.

Great Rumbler
Game over, man!! Game over!!

Darunia
After seeing Aliens II , All I can say is they dont makem like they use too!

That movie was just surprise after surprise and even though I am hard to scare it did give me a buzz which is amazing, To be honnest Computer CGI is shit the old fasion way is more organic and fleshly ,Sure they cant move as good but they seem real thats the difference.

Call Jesus--hell has frozen over! ASM said something smart! I completely agree with everything he said. Aliens is the greates sci-fi action movie ever. Throw in marines, aliens, guns...ah man what a mix. NOW, if they made 'Aliens' today, it'd be full of minorities, a black woman would be in charge, they'd talk about their feelings, and finally barter peace with the aliens rather than shoot them. :gay2:

alien space marine
:D

bountyhunter
Ok I just watched the damn movie and I can safely say I am glad I got a pirated copy of the stupid film as it destroyed every thing that made any part of either serries good.

The movie was short, thats bassically what I can say without destroying the story line, the stupid director said he was a huge fan of aliens and that there's pretty much no one who has seen it as many times as him, it's pretty clear he didn't learn shit from any of the times he did watch them.

All I'll say is, Humans were useless, preds couldn't kill a fly except for one and the alience were about as unpredictable as a mouse near death from starvation and a mouse trap with the best cotage cheese in the world on it.

There's so much more I'd love to bash about this movie but I can't do that little cool red thing ASM does, so... I'll just say how much it sucked.

And uhh, yeah you could say I'm a REALLY big Aliens and Predator fan.

Great Rumbler
I watched it last weekend. There were a number of things that I thought should have been changed, but on the whole it wasn't THAT bad. Certaintly not as good as Alien/Aliens or Predator, but it may have been a tad better than Alien 3...

bountyhunter
but.. but.. I. ME.. MYSELF could have done a ten times better job with the amount of money fox threw at Paul to do it.. hell, my little brothers could have acted better then half of the fools in the movie.

I cared more about the alien queen then I did about the main character.. and the alien queen is a cold hearted b*tch.

alien space marine
The Predators didnt suck like people say but they werent nearly as good like we expected.Then again the predators never faced such a enemy before?
They did seem like just guys in suites with no personality.

bountyhunter
Sure they've taken them on before, the in pred2 you see a queens and an alien drones head in the ship ^_^

Aliens are the bitches of the universe, they're tough bitches though.. damn are they tough. But yeah, what the HELL was up with the whole marking of the face thing, I know in the comics they did some thing like that but I was under the impression that was just a seperate tribe from the main predators, also I loved the games, ALOT and let me tell you a good pred player could take out 20 aliens no trouble.. then again me as an alien player used to take out preds pretty easily, I dunno, it just felt messed up.