View Thread : NFL 2004 Season Official Thread!

Ryan
And isn't it sweet how Edgerrin James and Dominique what's-his-name are ripping apart the vaunted New England Theives run-D?

Great Rumbler
These guys are ruining a perfectly good game of FOOTBALL!!!

OB1
I think you all know what I'm about to say...

Ryan
You're about to say that the Colt's pass-D might be worse, and that it would help if Indy would stop giving up turnovers in the red-zone.

BO JACKSON WOOOOO

OB1
Hell yeah!

Ryan
What the hell is up with James?? Two redzone fumbles!

If the Colts lose this game, he should be neutered with hedge clippers.

Ryan
Man, it makes me want to scream. Indy could have won this game by 21 points. The Patsies... I dunno... they have magic or something. No other team could have been beaten so thoroughly and come away on top, no one else could have had so many dumb lucky breaks.

I hate the fucking Patriots. I hope Tom Brady has his neck broken.

OB1
That's not very nice...

Ryan
Isn't honesty a virtue?

Fittisize
Go Titans!

Last night's game was great. I'm not much of a fan of either team, but it did come down to the wire, and any game that close is fun to watch.

Ryan
But that is what was so maddening about it... the game wasn't really close. Indy outplayed the Pats quite badly... they just had to keep coughing up the ball at the worst possible times.

Had they not done that, it would have been a blowout, with the Pats on the short end. But in the end, it's who is there with the mostest, and that was New England, unfortunately.

Props to Willie McGinest, though. When he sacked Manning on that last drive, he won the game, no question.

Fittisize
Well, New England probably is the best team in the NFL, and great teams like that can always find a way to win.

A Black Falcon
It's nice and all that the Patriots are good, but I care a whole lot more about the fact that the Red Sox are so close to the Yankees right now... of course I'd also rather see the Celtics or Bruins be that good (or any good at all, for the Celtics...) than the Patriots, given that football is my least favorite of the four sports, but this is better than nothing.

Ryan
Steelers 3-1
Ben Roethlisberger 2004 Rookie of the Year

A Black Falcon
18 straight wins and two of the last three Super Bowls... so when do you admit that the Patriots are actually good and not just lucky?

Ryan
Hopefully after we break that streak in two weeks.

I think it's becoming clear that Pittsburgh drafted the best QB in Ben Roethisberger this year... that had to be one of the most genius picks ever. The kid is so damn GOOD. The win against Dallas was definitely one of the best games I ever saw.

On a down note, I'm also a UVA fan... and we got our asses handed to us this week. Ouch.

Fittisize
Fricken Titans lost again this week. After I put a lot of money on them to win this week...and a few other teams which did their job and won. The Titans better turn it around soon or else they're done. I'll still cheer for them, but I won't bet on them anymore.

Also, the Edmonton Eskimos lost by a lot today in a game which would have clinched them a playoff spot to the Roughriders. If they don't start winning next week, then their 30+ year streak of making the playoffs is probably over. Not good news.

And Weltall, I agree with you on Ben Roethisberger, probably the best thing to come out of Pittsburgh since Mario Lemieux. Even still, I hope he gets horribly injured. Me no like the Steelers.

A Black Falcon
There was an article in the Globe (Boston paper) about how anywhere else the Patriots would be getting massive attention for their streak but because they're in Boston they're overshadowed by the Red Sox even in the baseball offseason... they're right, I'd say, but if I was writing it it would be in a much happier tone. I like baseball more, after all. :)\

Like, in today's (Globe) sports section the Red Sox game had the first like fifteen pages of the sports section... more detail about the Pats' 20th victory were in five pages near the back. (well an article started on page 1 of the section, but it continued on page 14...) :D

On that note, I'd definitely say that the Boston Globe has the best sports section of any paper I've read. So much thicker and so much more detail than, say, the NY Times or Washington Post...

Ryan
Ha, anyone who pays attention to the football aspect of sports media wouldn't say the Patriots get no attention or respect for their streak. Every time the team is mentioned, the streak is mentioned. Analysts and other such talking heads never shut up about it.

I hope they beat the Jets next week and keep the streak alive, cause I want the Steelers to be the ones who finally break it.

Ryan
The streak lives on!

That streak being Ben Roethlisberger's five game winning streak.

So much for New England.

Fittisize
Booo. I lost a lot of money because of the freaking Steelers winning. That and a bunch of other teams that I picked incorrect...

Ryan
I keep warning you not to bet against Pittsburgh, but do you ever listen? No!