View Thread : Spaceballs II: The Quest For More Money

Sacred Jellybean
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6547

In a Q&A with Playbill magazine, Mel Brooks says that he's currently working on a Spaceballs sequel. Here's the clip from the interview which starts off by talking about the big screen adaptation of The Producers.

Playbill: Will you have a role in it?

MB: It's doubtful, but I'm writing myself back into the Spaceballs sequel that I'm now writing, so you haven't seen the last of my face. Why another Spaceballs? It wouldn't feel right have anyone else play Yoghurt and the first one was the best experience I've had making a movie since Blazing Saddles.

Playbill: When can we expect that?

MB: Best case scenario: a week before the new Star Wars opens. Worst Case Scenario: a year after the new star wars opens.

Mel Brooks is writing a sequel to Spaceballs! Woo-hoo! I wonder how many characters from the first one will return?

A Black Falcon
That's awesome! Space Balls was a really great movie... seems like a it's a long time in between to make a sequel, but if it's good I won't complain... :)

Great Rumbler
YES!!!

Darunia
Holy shit---! This is impossible; this is too good---this is why I was put onto this Earth! This is the best NEWS I'VE HEARD IN YEARS!

Henceforth, Sep. 30th is now Spaceballs 2 Day throughout all Goron Territories!

CELEBRATE!

*Cranks Saria's Song* :shiggy2:

OB1
Geez I was wondering when you guys were finally going to post this news. It's almost a week old! :D

Darunia
Alas, poor old John Candy won't be reprising his role as Barf, I'm afraid. It won't be the same without him.

Sacred Jellybean
Ultra Mario Man actually posted this a couple days ago, but I think we're all willing to ignore him. :D

OB1
He did?

Sacred Jellybean
Yep. (http://tcforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331)

Sacred Jellybean
Brooks should use Phillipsvision to put John Candy into Spaceballs II.

Ryan
Woo!

Spaceballs is one of those rare parodies that's actually better than what it spoofs!

OB1
:whatever:

You're a dork.

A Black Falcon
No, the correct word there is 'wrong', OB1...

Ryan
I'm a dork, but I'm not wrong.

Spaceballs was much more fun for me.

http://tcforums.com/images/coolpeople.jpg

Great Rumbler
Oh yeah, UMM did post that. Too bad his link would never work.

OB1
You're still wrong.

Sacred Jellybean
I'm a dork, but I'm not wrong.

Spaceballs was much more fun for me.

http://tcforums.com/images/coolpeople.jpg

:D Now I'm gonna picture that face every time I read one of OB1's posts.

Darunia
Whoa who is that guy; he's awesome...

UltraMarioMan
Ultra Mario Man actually posted this a couple days ago, but I think we're all willing to ignore him.
Your lucky I'm playing Code Veronica or I might have to hunt you down and hurt you...

Dark Jaguar
I'll say this. Star Wars is a fun little adventure, and I've enjoyed it, but it's no masterpiece of the arts like the Star Wars geeks claim. It's a fun Sunday afternoon flying kites, not a trip into the depths of space to go where none have gone before. It's got all the depth of Transformers (more than meets the eye). I like Transformers, they can transform and it's cool to see them fight for justice and the salvation of Cybertron. HOWEVER, Transformers is no Trigun.

Darunia
Well, DJ, I see what you're saying, but I'd say it's a little more than that...some people just don't see it. I feel it IS masterpiece; excellent cinemaography, best soundtrack I'VE ever heard, ground-breaking in almsot every category...

Great Rumbler
The Star Wars movies [the original trilogy anyway] are among my favorite sci-fi movies ever made. In the top 10, I'd say the first 3 Star Wars movies are in the top 5, being beat out by 2001 and the rest of the movies would be several of the better Star Trek movies, Contact, The Matrix, and Mission to Mars.

A Black Falcon
The first Star Wars feels more like just an adventure in some ways, but it's still special. I guess some people just don't see those movies magic. I certainly do though, and I'd definitely say that they have a lot of depth and complexity if you look for it.

Darunia
The original trilogy is tragically better than the new ones (I say tragically because the news ones are no where near as good); they rank in my top 10 or at worst 15 best movies ever.

OB1
Haha, DJ the movie critic. I love it how everyone thinks they're experts on film nowadays.

DJ: *understands movies as much as Billy down at Wal-Mart*

Billy: Hey don't bring me into this!

A Black Falcon
Haha, DJ the movie critic. I love it how everyone thinks they're experts on film nowadays.

DJ: *understands movies as much as Billy down at Wal-Mart*

Billy: Hey don't bring me into this!

A bit harsh, but... wait, it involved an attack on Star Wars. So you're right. :D

Great Rumbler
"The Lord willing, we'll all meet again in Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money!"

A bit harsh, but... wait, it involved an attack on Star Wars. So you're right.

Anyone who attacks Star Wars...is a COMMUNIST! There, I said it.

Anyone remember Disney movie from the late 70's called "The Black Hole"? The movie was really mediocre for the most part, except for the 2001-esque ending. The ending was awesome.

OB1
I don't think it was too harsh, I'm sick of casual movie fans acting like they know what the hell they're talking about just because they know what's popular to hate and like. "Star Wars sucks! LotR rules!!". Etc, etc. It's the equivalent of casual gamers talking about how much better Microsoft is than Nintendo because that's the general (stupid) opinion.

Darunia
That Black Hole movie was so macabre and un-Disney like; not at all a family film. In fact, except for that childish-looking robot with the big eyes, it had no family values at all...only death and scariness. Not bad on the whole, though. It passed for that era and all things considered.

Great Rumbler
That was made during an era when Disney's animated division wasn't doing to well so they were branching out into other genre's to see what they could do. Besides "Blach Hole" they made "Something Wicked This Way Comes" [which broke the bank at Disney], "Tron", and "Watcher in the Woods". It's too bad they don't make many risky moves like that anymore. Although, they did make "Pirates of the Carribean".

alien space marine
That was made during an era when Disney's animated division wasn't doing to well so they were branching out into other genre's to see what they could do. Besides "Blach Hole" they made "Something Wicked This Way Comes" [which broke the bank at Disney], "Tron", and "Watcher in the Woods". It's too bad they don't make many risky moves like that anymore. Although, they did make "Pirates of the Carribean".

That Live action Jungle book movie was pretty good and very undisney like for its time (No singing and shit), Action packed and alot of horror if you think of them snake scenes and how they almost mirror to Anaconda. It was a huge sucess then Disney screwed it by making live action kiddy Jungle book movies and that atrocity called Tuck Everlasting (Which I never saw thankfully) It was sopposed to be the spirited sequeil to the Jungle book which it waisnt, The Jungle book had action,horror and romance a good combination and a really good story it appealed to both men and women.

POTC was pretty good , Not for action or FX (which it had) but story, chemistry and wit some great personality. Who ever knew the rolling stones were a good place to get ideas of how to be a pirate.In a way that was a real spirited sequeil to JB.

A Black Falcon
Tron was a very good movie.

Darunia
POTC ranks as one of my favorite movies; it was indeed very witty and well-assembled. Disney needs to make movies for more than just families with toddlers; they're on a good path with that.

A Black Falcon
PotC was great, definitely... it's nice to hear they are making a sequel. But I still think I have to go with Tron.

Great Rumbler
Tron is an awesome movie, but I think I'd have to put PotC at the top of the list.

UltraMarioMan
Spaceballs quotes!
Dark Helmet: Careful you idiot. I said across her nose, not up it!
Laser Gunner: Sorry sir. Doing my best.
Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?
Major Asshole: I did sir. He's my cousin.
Dark Helmet: Who is he?
Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole sir.
Dark Helmet: I know that!....What's his name?
Colonel Sandurz: That is his name sir, Major Asshole
Dark Helmet: and his cousin?
Colonel Sandurz: He's an asshole too sir: Gunner's mate, first class, Philip Asshole
Dark Helmet: How many assholes we got on this ship anyhow?
The Crew: YO!!!!
Dark Helmet: I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes
[Dark Helmet pulls his mask down]
Dark Helmet: Keep firing assholes!!

Dark Helmet: [mask down] Not so fast, Lone Starr.
Lone Starr: Helmet. So, at last we meet for the first time for the last time. [thinks about what he said] Yeah.
Dark Helmet: Before you die, there is something you should know about us, Lone Starr.
Lone Starr: What?
Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room-mate.
Lone Starr: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing.

Ship's Voice : This ship will self destruct in twenty seconds.
This is your last chance to push the cancellation button.
Skroob : Cancellation button? Hurry.
[They all slide down a ladder. They run to the center of the ship.]
Dark Helmet : Where is it? Where is it.
Sandurz: It's gotta be here.
[Sandurz opens a panel to the self-destruct cancellation
button. It has a sign on that says, "Out of Order."]
Sandurz : Out of order?
Dark Helmet : Fuck. Even in the future nothing works.

Sandurz: It's Mega Maid. She gone from suck to blow.