View Thread : ATI DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DO MATH!

Dark Jaguar
Just go to their frickin' site www.ati.com

I have the 4.9 drivers, they do what they should, no complaints. The deal is, they list the latest drivers as the 4.1s. What the heck? Oh wait, they tacked a zero on the end (4.10), freaking brilliant you bunch of idiots. Don't you know adding zeros AFTER decimals does NOTHING to the number's value? Just round it up to version 5!

Just ranting about nothing, go on with your lives. Really though, are they trying to be funny or what?

OB1
Haha, maybe!

A Black Falcon
They should have seen it coming and called their original driver versions 4.01, not 4.1... :)

Great Rumbler
They could have called their new driver "4.99" or something like that.

OB1
Or 4.BILLION even!

A Black Falcon
4.91 or 5.0. Is it REALLY so hard? I agree, that's really dumb...

Great Rumbler
They should make me the president of making names for drivers. I certainly wouldn't make mistakes like this.

OB1
I should be that president!

Great Rumbler
No, it should be me!!

Alright, you can be the making names for drivers president if I can be the president of telling people what to do.

OB1
... why does everyone have to be a president? Not every commanding position is president. Especially for a job like coming up with driver names, you'd only need one person, the "driver person". Calling them driver presidents makes it seem like they're in charge of other driver people.

Great Rumbler
Well, what if you were in charge of other driver people, but on the side came up with driver names too?

Dark Jaguar
Seriously, why didn't they feel like just going to 5, or at least 4.99?

OB1
Well, what if you were in charge of other driver people, but on the side came up with driver names too?

Didn't you say that they'd just be driver-namer-presidenter?

Great Rumbler

What?

OB1

:dunno:

Great Rumbler

Muffin Time!!

OB1
:poop:

Great Rumbler
:shiggy2:

OB1
I think I know where this is headed...

Great Rumbler
Yeah, I think I know too.

Dark Lord Neo
ATI executives are being investigated for insider trading.
But in Canada where a murder conviction is only about 10 years they probably won't even go to jail if they're found guilty

Great Rumbler
Just toss 'em in a room full of people that got burned by the deal.

Dark Jaguar
ATI already does some stuff I consider fairly wrong from a moral standpoint. Namely, making two versions of cards that, by all rights, are completely equal in ability, and using software to actually CRIPPLE one of them. By all rights, the crippled one costs the same amount to produce, and is equally capable, but they sell it for less and people getting them don't get to use that capability except via unliscensed drivers, or, preferably, a Catalyst driver hack. Really, that's some low behavior when you really think about it.

And now, for no good reason whatsoever, something about lasers. There is no z, because it's an acronym.

Light
Amplification
by the
Stimulated (not Ztimulated)
Emission
of
Radiation (And visible light IS radiation, it's just not harmful at all except a lot of it can hurt your eyes :D)

I think as a result of this completley unprovoked data burst, ztimulated is going to become a common word here...

OB1
Yet their crippled and non-crippled cards still outperform their nvidia counterparts. It doesn't hurt us, it just doesn't make much sense. I have one of the earlier 9700s which is actually a 9700 Pro with four rendering pipelines disabled, but thanks to a simple hack my cheap card became a 9700 Pro which saved me a bunch of money. I have no qualms with that!