View Thread : Oh crap.

OB1
They've blocked out all games sites at my work. Now what am I going to do?? Does anyone know a backdoor way to the gaming-age forums or something?

A Black Falcon
You're here though...

OB1
The firewall doesn't see this as a games site. Spong as well, but what use is that?

A Black Falcon
None at all... that stinks.

OB1
Someone out there must have come up with a safe, easy way to bypass this sort of thing.

EdenMaster
How about doing work?

:graphics:

Where did this come from, and who are these guys?

Great Rumbler
I have no idea who those guys are.

Geno
That image is from Homestar Runner. It was from the preview for a game called Peasant's Quest.

My old school used to have game sites blocked too. They also did a lot of pointless site blocking. (You weren't allowed to search on Google for terms such as president, democrat, and republican... aren't political words somewhat school-related?)

geoboy
Actually, the guy in the pink shirt is the head of Videlectrix, which is a "company" that programs the games for H*R. Come to think of it, I think he's the only member of the Videlectrix company. Heh. Well anyway, they not only create games for the H*R site but also make a good deal of original games unrelated to H*R for themselves as well.

Check out their site: http://www.videlectrix.com/videlectrix_catalog.html

Dark Jaguar
Attention, Planet Citizens! Planet Alert! A stray planet is on a collision course with your stray planet!

alien space marine
That image is from Homestar Runner. It was from the preview for a game called Peasant's Quest.

My old school used to have game sites blocked too. They also did a lot of pointless site blocking. (You weren't allowed to search on Google for terms such as president, democrat, and republican... aren't political words somewhat school-related?)

I remeber there was a politician who fought to have censorship of internet activities at the schools and libaries , But he waisnt happy when he realized they had blocked his own campaign site!

Geno
Well, it became very difficult to do school reports with the computer when we weren't allowed to go to political and financial websites. :hmm:

alien space marine
If I were you I would have ask the teacher and maybe even get the rest of the class together and complain. Thats either a error ,some good reason or not so good reason.

OB1
How about doing work?

:graphics:

Where did this come from, and who are these guys?

Hey I do a crapload of work, but like anyone who works on a computer all day I browse a few sites every now and then.

And thanks for not coming up with a solution guys! I'll remember who to come to the next time I need non-help with anything!

A Black Falcon
Uhh... search around and see if any gaming websites escaped it? Like smaller ones or something?

OB1
gamesarefun... but I really want access to the gaming-age forums, where most of the newest news and stuff is posted. :(

Great Rumbler
Sorry, I don't know much about getting around blocked sites.

OB1
*shakes fist at Johnny*

Great Rumbler
*shakes foot at Daniel*

OB1
*shakes.... has to get back to GTA*

Great Rumbler
*has to get back to Morrowind*

A Black Falcon
*has to get back to Baldur's Gate*

... yeah, I finally got a copy of disc 2 so I'm replaying it...