View Thread : You people have it all wrong

geoboy
The greatest animutation/fanimutation to grace the internet is, without a doubt, Chocolate Niblet Beans (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/192966).

End. Of. Contest. =P

BTW, see if you can spot Ken Jennings. I'll give you a chocolate niblet bean if you do.

Great Rumbler
I think I saw nickdaddyg in there somewhere...

I saw Ken Jennings too.

geoboy
It seems I have misplaced my chocolate niblet beans, so I hope you will accept my breaded shrimp in the shape of Trogdor instead.

Great Rumbler
Yay!

Geno
Trogdor! Trogdor! Burninating the inside of your mouth! Burninating your organs! TROGDOR!!!!!!

Dark Jaguar
Hey kids! Remember Trogdor? Well, now he's not just your favorite video game dragdon, he's a cereal!

Kids: A cereal? Yay!

Narrator: Yeah! Delicious trogdor nuggets made from genuine chicken floating in an ocean of milk! Mix in peasent shaped bits of pork and you have a meal fit for a KING, of cereal!

Cereal King: I decree that henceforth Trogdor cereal shall be KNIGHTED! Kneel Trogdor cereal!

Geno
Rather Dashing: I'll knight YOUR cereal, my lord!

alien space marine
Nickdaddgy baths naked with his mom!

OB1
... really? That's pretty creepy.

alien space marine
They use bars of soap with swaticas in them!

Geno
Interesting, I needed to know that. NOW I CAN DIE HAPPY!!!!!!

Great Rumbler
Personally, I thought it was information that I could live a perfectly happy life without knowing, but...no more...

deanna
that was gay

Great Rumbler
gay
adj.

Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.

It certainly was.

deanna
no, that was GAY and you and I both know what I am talking about.

OB1
Happiness?

Great Rumbler
no, that was GAY and you and I both know what I am talking about.

Y...yeah?

Dark Jaguar
deanna you FOOL! That was the awesomeness!

*kablamabomb is dropped upon the city of deanna's FACE*

Anyone notice that some of the elements are actually randomized? I've seen it a few times and in a few places different stuff shows up.

Also, the song going all "THE WORLD HAS FALLEN UNDER SHADOW" is awesome, and then the map is attacking and SAILOR SPOON saves us all! SPOOOOON! Kaspoonaspoonahaaaa!

geoboy
Yes, DJ, you are very correct! I forgot to mention that this is the first ever "dynamic" animutation/fanimutation. Some of the text and pictures won't be the same the second time you watch it. An easy one to spot is towards the beginning, which shows either the picture of Richard Nixon or John Candy with the flashing text saying "Richard Nixon!" or "Barf!". There are indeed more dynamic elements to look out for when watching this again. Talk about replay value. :D

Great Rumbler
I thought there was something different about it the second time I watched it. That's pretty cool.

Geno
In Nagasaki,
They like bukkake!

http://home.1asphost.com/protocore/What.gif

Dark Jaguar
Indeed, what?

*looks it up via babblefish*

Oh, soup...

Anyway, it's not the FIRST. Remember the one where you have to guess who will eat the worm? That one's interactive dynamic.

Great Rumbler
Oh, soup...

I don't think that's what it means...well...in a way maybe...

Dark Jaguar
Well, you know the Japanese equivilant of soup anyway. I mean, we call miso soup soup, so why not this?

Great Rumbler
It would likely behoove you not to do a Google search for that word. Just saying.

A Black Falcon
Yeah... that's probably good advice...especially an image search.

Geno
Ha ha... bukkake = soup? Funny stuff.

Yeah... bukkake isn't soup. ;)

Great Rumbler
Yeah...it really isn't.

Smoke
Well I suppose it would be possible to make bukkake soup but I sure wouldn't want to eat it.

deanna
http://www.links2love.com/love/romance/body/baby_unhappy.jpg "Mommy, please don't make me eat the bukkake soup!!!"

Smoke
L O-Freakin L

Dark Jaguar
Why is it I get the feeling every single person here knows something I don't?

A Black Falcon
Because you didn't look up the definition of the term? If you really want to... let's just say it's an X-rated term and leave it at that...

Dark Jaguar
I did, at one of those translator sites! It said it was a sort of soup! I GUESS the site was wrong, and you all are perverts! Yeesh... x-rated term... How do you people know all this stuff? And don't give me those lines about just "coming across" it checking out something innocent like you did in the past, I'm beginning to have my doubts about that... Or maybe there is a logical explanation for all of it whatever... but hey so long as you get defensive and post as such then I'm happy.

A Black Falcon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukkake

Ah... that explains it! It means both. Huh.

Smoke
Actually that kind of makes sense. It's like a kiddie pool full of woman soup. *shudder*

A Black Falcon
What a pleasant metaphor...

Geno
Every messageboard has a sick weirdo that shares his perverted wisdom with everybody. (For example, we have lazy.) At another messageboard I visit, the sick weirdo there told us, and then showed us this video of a hand puppet singing, "In Nagasaki, they like bukkake!"

Great Rumbler
Well that's just...disturbing as hell.

geoboy
Apparently you have not met tubgirl.

OB1
Huh, I did not know that bukkake meant that.

Great Rumbler
Well, I didn't think that it meant soup when made that post, I thought it meant "ritualistic suicide" so I looked it up and then quickly closed the window that opened. Very quickly.

A Black Falcon
That's seppuku, GR.

OB1
Right.

Great Rumbler
Yes, I do realize that NOW.

OB1
It's suicide.

OB1
Sword in the belly.

OB1
Samurai did it.

OB1
Mainly.

OB1
It was about honor, y'see.

Great Rumbler
Yes, I know what seppuku means. And harikari/harakiri.

deanna
Nobody cares...

Great Rumbler
Luke: I care.

Me: No you don't!

Luke: :(

A Black Falcon
It's harakiri. :)

Great Rumbler
It's both.

A Black Falcon
Properly, it's that. Hari-kari is it Americanized. Which, as usual, means 'changed to something easier for Americans to say.' :)

Great Rumbler
That's why I put both.

Dark Jaguar
I heard that in MGS2, but no I have no idea what harikari means... Is it sushi? Please oh PLEASE tell me it's just something innocuous like that!

A Black Falcon
OB1 explained it... in japanese it's hara-kiri and it's like seppuku -- ritual suicide done because of honor.

Dark Jaguar
Ah, to tell you the truth I disapprove of suicide most of all. If you live you can do something good for people, but if you die, that's it, you've only done something shameful and vanished. Certainly a far worse thing...

Great Rumbler
That's not how they see it in Japan though, especially about 50-100 years ago. If the caused some great embarassement to their family or themselves, they felt the only way to rectify the situation was to take their own life. They felt pretty strongly about it back then.

Dark Jaguar
Sure they did, too bad they were WRONG.

Besides, does current day Japan really feel that way? If so, their popular entertainment sure seems to fly in the face of that.

Great Rumbler
They don't feel that way quite as much as they did back then, I think.

OB1
Yeah not anymore. And I agree, I consider suicide to be a terrible thing. But when it comes to foreign cultures you're going to come across a lot of odd things like that. People in other countries think we do a lot of really weird things, too. And they're right.

Dark Jaguar
When you say "too" you suggest that you said they were doing something weird, but no, you said "terrible". Weird does not equal terrible. Katarami Damacy is weird... Well, okay it involves crushing entire cities and all, but they SEEM to be alive... I think...

OB1
Weird and terrible in our eyes.

Dark Jaguar
Not exactly sure what you were talking about there... Stuff we do that's weird and terrible? Such as? We're Americans, we do no wrong!

A Black Falcon
I agree, they were wrong... but they definitely believed it.

People in other countries think we do a lot of really weird things, too. And they're right.

This is true too.

Great Rumbler
"It's true that American go inside their homes with their shoes still on, right? Then what if the American father steps in dog poo, but doesn't notice and goes inside?"

I love that quote. :)

Dark Jaguar
What's that from?

And um, how are you NOT going to notice that? What, are these people running around on their lawns or something? I stick to concrete thank you very much.

But yes of course there are things we do differently. However, if you want something to compare to this, it would be more like...

Well, it's like whereas the Japanese bow courteously to each other as a show of mutual respect, Americans murder babies and eat them.

Great Rumbler
What's that from?

A personal favorite of mine, an anime series called Azumanga Daioh.

And um, how are you NOT going to notice that? What, are these people running around on their lawns or something? I stick to concrete thank you very much.

The idea is that we, Americans, walk inside with our shoes on, something that is very odd to people from Japan.

OB1
Yeah. And the whole guns thing... just about anywhere you go in the world that is not a middle-eastern country (funny, huh?), people are afraid of coming here because they think that everyone has a gun. That's all you ever see about us on the news in other countries, shootings and such in America. We are pretty crazy that way.

lazyfatbum
I love it when people say that something that has been a part of a culture for thousands of years is wrong.

Oh well, atleast we know we're right in everything we do today in this country.

A Black Falcon
In Slovenia you didn't wear shoes in school... there was a room where you put your shoes (then it was locked i think) and you wore these slipper things in school. :)

OB1
I love it when people say that something that has been a part of a culture for thousands of years is wrong.

Oh well, atleast we know we're right in everything we do today in this country.

Today in Japanese society, suicide is considered wrong. Just like in our society today we consider throwing Christians into lion pits wrong.

OB1
In Slovenia you didn't wear shoes in school... there was a room where you put your shoes (then it was locked i think) and you wore these slipper things in school. :)

Oh man, don't remind me of that. When we lived there the only damn slippers I could find were these horrible ballet-like slippers, and I walked around school in them all damn day.

Thankfully several other Croatians wore the same slippers.

A Black Falcon
It was kind of weird, but after a while you get used to it... I don't remember what kind of slippers I had though.