:crap:

OB1
There, there.

OB1
And now you just edited your post, not the topic title. :D

Geno
Heh heh, neat.

Darunia
Why would a major company waste its resources catering to such a unique and small minority of its clientel? It just seems stupid...

alien space marine
Maybe their trekies?

Great Rumbler
Why would a major company waste its resources catering to such a unique and small minority of its clientel? It just seems stupid...

Because they can.

Darunia
But it's stupid... it'd be like if Pepsi marketed some soda in a special package that was written in Klingon. Some people may buy it, but would the minority of Trekkies (who really aren't THAT numerous in the world) really make it pay off?

Great Rumbler
Hey, don't ask me why a major corporation does stuff.

A Black Falcon
Because someone thought it'd be fun, I imagine...

alien space marine
Maybe cause HTML doesnt cost anything? A google dude could make it at home for fun.

All that it really is a regular Google put into Klingon , While I dont really understand anything more then "kaplah" ( translated "hail or sucess"?), But I seriously wonder if they have a news section translated in Klingon , What they should do is maybe have news sections that links to Star trek Fan pages.

Believe it or not there is small cult of "klingon freaks" who live with the Ridges and talk the talk ,They even practice those weird Klingon rituals like the "right of ascension" or even .

Even more disturbing someone translated the hole bible into Klingon , Even made a few alterations so now there is Targs on Noahs Arc!

:chuckle:

Great Rumbler
http://web.aanet.com.au/gabs/kick.jpg

EdenMaster
But it's stupid... it'd be like if Pepsi marketed some soda in a special package that was written in Klingon. Some people may buy it, but would the minority of Trekkies (who really aren't THAT numerous in the world) really make it pay off?

Well, that's not exactly accurate. For Pepsi to market and produce specially made labels and packages, they'd have to spend quite a bit of money to do it, whereas I'm certain that less that a weeks worth of programming was needed to make this Google clone, and it was probably volunteer. As ABF said, just for fun.