View Thread : DBZ UB22 to be released in English

Dark Lord Neo
http://www.pojo.com/dragonball/index.shtml
The folks at Infogrames have sent us more info about Ultimate Battle 22. This game is for the original Playstation (but will play on PS2's). They sent us a cool trailer that you can check out. The video clip shows Dabura, the Great Saiyaman, Goten & more.

Here's some notes from Chris Lundeen, a Producer for Infogrames:

"Started looking through Ultimate Battle 22 today. For an eight year old title it doesn't look too bad. The graphics looked better than previous DBZ titles on the PSX. The fighting seemed to have a decent pace as well, comparatively. I would definitely consider this title a pick-up for DBZ fans and gamers not already into the extremely complex fighting games. I liked the fact that I could play as Majin Buu and Super Buu. Modes of play include a 1p vs. com, 1p vs. 2p, championship, build up, and build up battle. Championship is pretty self-explanatory. You and up to eight others can play in a tournament style match. The 2 versus modes are just straight up fighting. Build up mode is looking really interesting."

I loved the Japanese release of the game, It's alot better than that one they released for the PS2, I'll definitly add this to my list of games to pick up

Dark Jaguar
"To be" eh? You are a little short on info :D. It's been out for a week, maybe two. I'm not talking the PS2 game, I mean the one you are talking about. Funny thing is my friend already has the Japanese import. I saw it in a display case actually. Then again, many stores for some time were selling imports of one particular DB based fighting game (forget the name, my friend has that one too though) for a while a year or so ago. Quite ironic that all these games are coming out RIGHT when the final episode airs. And that's the end of that chapter... Oh wait, you mean there's ANOTHER horribly plotted series in the Dragon Ball universe, called GT? What does GT stand for? You mean that'll be the one everyone's into when Z's last episode airs? Nuts! Oh wait, I actually enjoy watching that show for all the cool blasts and fighting. It's not that bad, the animation looks pretty nice at times and the fighting is cool. Of course, anyone who says they watch it for the story is um, someone I'd watch out for... (Though to be honest the whole Kai thing did a better job of insulting major religions than the movie Dogma, then they made up for it by making a huge case for blind faith right at the end.)

Ryan
Yeah, I was going to say what DJ said: It's been out for quite some time already :)

OB1
The fighting in DBZ is pure crap. They just show a bunch of blurry punches and kicks going at each other for a few seconds. They're like those robot fighting toys, but faster and with kicking. It's very lame.

Dark Lord Neo
I didn't relize it was already out, but I saw it at a store today.
I had an imported version but I want the english one now.
I watched the first 10 or so episiodes of GT with subtitiles and I think it was better than Z but not as good as the origional Dragonball

Dark Jaguar
Um, okay then, though I'm not exactly in line to download episodes for a number of reasons. I have to say, DB is funny though.

Dark Lord Neo
It was a few years very early in DBZ's life and I didn't feel like waiting years to see what GT was like

CartoonDevil
Originally posted by OB1
The fighting in DBZ is pure crap. They just show a bunch of blurry punches and kicks going at each other for a few seconds. They're like those robot fighting toys, but faster and with kicking. It's very lame.

Isn't that exactly like the cartoon? The developers were just staying true to the series. :D

Dark Jaguar
He was actually talking about the show, as he hates the show.

OB1
I used to watch DBZ back in the day. I got pretty far into the show but got so sick and tired of how much it dragged on that I just decided to quit watching it. It would take two weeks worth of episodes for anything to happen. I hated that!

Oh and I really hated the fighting.