View Thread : Vectorman for the PS2!!

OB1
From Games Are Fun: (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1050464912,44860,)

Vectorman and Altered Beast on PS2
Gamers.com is reporting that two development studios are working on new installments in two classic Sega series for the PlayStation 2. The latest magazines will be hitting newsstands in a few days, and they'll have the scoop on Vectorman from Pseudo Interactive (Cel Damage) and Altered Beast from Sega's own WOW Entertainment. There's also speculation that the games will be unveiled in video or playable form at E3 in May, so you can expect full coverage from GAF.
Source: Gamers.com

Posted by Soul4ger on 4.15.2003

YESSSSS!!! Vectorman was one of my favorite Genesis games so this is quite the awesome surprise. I already knew about Altered Beast since it was on that leaked Sega Europe release list, but it's also good to hear confirmation.

A Black Falcon
Vectorman's awesome! Now I can add that to Virtua Fighter 4, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and the Shenmue games for Sega games I want but can't get! Yay!

Sacred Jellybean
What was Vectorman like?

OB1
Vectorman 1 & 2 are awesome side-scrollers where you play as this roller-blading robot guy who shot sparkly stuff out of his hands.

Just trust me when I say that they're great games.

A Black Falcon
Yeah... but you left out the most unique part -- how Vectorman's made of spheres...

OB1
Well I wanted to leave something for you.

Oh and you could only rollerblade in the second game. You can find a demo of the first game... somewhere on the net. I don't remember where I got it from.

A Black Falcon
There are always the Genesis roms... :)

Ryan
I hated Vectorman.

A Black Falcon
How? They were great sidescrolling action/platformers!

OB1
Weltall doesn't like good shooters. He also hated JFG, remember?

A Black Falcon
I forgot that... I guess you're right.

Ryan
I like shooters. Just not those two.

OB1
Do you like Contra? Metroid? How about Metal Slug?

A Black Falcon
If you say no to those, you're hopeless...

Private Hudson
What's the bet they make them really shitty 3D games?

Then again, there has been a couple of decent 2D -> 3D upgrades recently (Metroid and Shinobi come to mind)

Either way, I can't wait to play 'em. They'll still sell like shit, though.

OB1
Well Altered Beast should be good since WOW is making it, but I dunno about the other developer. Cel Damage wasn't too bad, but can they make a good Vectorman game?

OB1
And here are the first two screens from the game! Just remember that it's not coming out until 2004, so it looks a bit rough right now:

http://www.tothegame.com/bilder/gaminfo/screenshots/vectorman_ps2/screen1_large.jpg

http://www.tothegame.com/bilder/gaminfo/screenshots/vectorman_ps2/screen2_large.jpg

OB1
I'm dissapointed by Vecorman's look, however. He looks more like Master Chief than Vectorman. He's supposed to be made out of a bunch of spheres!

A Black Falcon
Blah... looks like any other robot action game... SPHERES!! Where are they? That's not Vectorman!

OB1
I know. Let's just hope that it changes a lot before it comes out next year.

Ryan
Originally posted by OB1
Do you like Contra? Metroid? How about Metal Slug?

Yes, yes and never played it.

A Black Falcon
Metal Slug is Contra, but with WAY better graphics and animations, and a different powerup system. Great series...

OB1
Metal Slug is a cartoony version of Contra.

A Black Falcon
Metal Slug is a BETTER version of Contra... :)

OB1
No Metal Slug game is as good as Contra 3 or Shattered Soldier.