View Thread : Sabre Man Racing!!

OB1
From CVG: (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=89908)

SECRET RARE RACER REVEALED!

More retro grave-robbing from the UK developer as Xbox is set for a reworked version of Donkey Kong Racing - we've got the hot details inside!

18:47 Rare is currently working on an Xbox racing game called Sabre Man Stampede, we can reveal. The last piece of the Rare puzzle? For now, possibly, but after months of speculation it would appear the last major in-development Rare title has been unearthed.
After Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Ghoulies and Conkers Online, there was of course one title left of the five which Rare and Microsoft promised for the end of 2004. The obvious absentee from this line-up is a racing game, but, as everyone knows, Rare was working on a racing title for GameCube before its acquisition by Microsoft - Donkey Kong Racing, sequel to the brilliant Diddy Kong Racing on N64.

While Nintendo owns the rights to Donkey Kong, it was fairly obvious the game would resurface in a different guise. But who exactly is this Sabre Man guy? The dude out of 8-bit classic Sabre Wulf, a fully reworked version of which is already in the concept stages for Xbox. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=85983)

It's likely Rare will have simply switched IPs, retaining the core of Donkey Kong Racing for its Xbox racer. Whether Sabre Man Stampede will appear at E3 is uncertain, since the developer has several other key titles to exploit. But we'll keep you posted on all the latest Rare news in the run up to the show.

Johnny Minkley

Sweet. Hopefully this game will be online, as well as PD Zero.

I'm actually kind of glad that MS owns Rare since I'll actually be able to play their games online. Stupid Nintendo.

And when the hell are they going to release those finished GBA games???!

OB1
Nobody cares about the former Donkey Kong Racing? Shame on all of you!

A Black Falcon
Cool. But I don't have an X-Box.

There, happy?

OB1
No.

A Black Falcon
Why not? I said that the game sounds interesting... and probably will be good, given how good DKR was (well, as long as its DKR level and not Mickey's Speedway USA level...).

OB1
:amunk:

A Black Falcon
And what is that picture supposed to mean?

Sacred Jellybean
I was just about to ask the same...

And no, I don't, and never have, given a rat's ass about Donkey Kong Racing. The only future Rare games I really cared about weren't even announced (sequels to favorite N64 Rare titles)... and maybe Kameo... I never thought it looked all that interesting. Once Microsoft announces a new Banjo/JFG/Blast Corps, they'll be one step closer to having my money.

Although that PS2 looks mighty sexy... and I only want to get one of the two...

LET ME OUT.

A Black Falcon
Blast Corps 2 would be the best!

OB1

A Black Falcon
And what does THAT mean? I don't know if you mean Blast Corps was great (which it was) or not...

Sacred Jellybean
:amunk: = ... ?

OB1
Haha, none of it means anything. I was just having some fun.

Sacred Jellybean
Well... so were... we! And you fell for it! Nyah! :p

OB1
*laughing trillian noise*