g

A Black Falcon
h

A Black Falcon
i

A Black Falcon
and j

Dark Jaguar
Those humans are just plain uglifying...

OB1
And some more scans:

http://www.gamer.nl/images/content/Erwie/200304/1051029326_0.jpg

http://www.webhero.nl/itp/screens/3ea5ab488b4f6hl-2.jpg

I can't wait!

A Black Falcon
Uh, DJ, are you referring to those 2 pics of 2 faces next to eachother?

You do know that the one that is low-poly is from HL1?

Oh, and I think its safe to say that the aliens are in full 'attack earth' mode...

Dark Jaguar
No no, low or high detail, both are just plain ugly. I'm not even talking about image quality, just their physical appearence. Not a word to counter this. Just have a sense of humor about it.

Anyway, did you scan this off a magazine?

OB1
Yeah you're right, those guys are ugly as hell.

A Black Falcon
Someone scanned them, but not me... got them from college email forum. :)

if it was me I'd scan the whole pages... that is, if I had a scanner...

EdenMaster
Sounds good, I'll have to keep an eye on this title.

Great Rumbler
At my school we had a bunch of computers networked together and someone put Half-Life on the network. I played Half-Life over the LAN nearly everyday.

Half-Life 2 looks like it will be pretty cool. *hit OB1 with a crowbar* *runs away*

OB1
*kills GR with his newly-learned throat-ripping Tai Chi move*

A Black Falcon
Half-Life and its expansion were fun... based on playing the demos, anyway...

OB1
Expansion? Singular? ABF, there are around five thousand HL expansions out there. Heh.

A Black Falcon
But only one of them had a demo I'm aware of... Opposing Force. Blue Whatever didn't have one I know of... and those were the only two real Half-Life expansions.

OB1
There's Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counterstrike, CS: Condition Zero, Day of Defeat and a billion others. Most of them are fan-made but Sierra bought the rights to them and distributed them as official expansions.

A Black Falcon
Day of Defeat, Counterstrike, CS: Condition Zero, etc, etc aren't really Half-Life expansions. They are mods. There is a difference between a expansion, a mod, and a retail mod... expansions are actually in the same game and story, etc. Mods and retail mods are different games that just use the engine. Big difference.

And anyway anyone who pays for Counterstrike or Day of Defeat is an idiot because they are free on the net if you have Half-Life.

OB1
That's nonsense. Battlefield's first expansion was Road to Rome, which is the same kind of expansion or mod as Desert Combat, a fan-made one.

A Black Falcon
No. The expansion Rise of Rome and the upcoming one they're making are in a different category from fanmade mods like Desert Combat.

OB1
First of all it's Road to Rome, and secondly EA is actually planning on releasing the fan-made Desert Combat as an official expansion pack. An expansion pack does not have to follow the same story as the main game, as RtR does not.

A Black Falcon
Desert Combat retail is in the same category as Counterstrike retail, not as Road to Rome or the two Half-Life expansions....

Why can't you see that there is a difference between a official, professionally developed game that is meant to to be in a game series and fits in the story and something developed by fans that generally has no relation to the original game, its story, and often its game mechanics? I mean... I don't say that Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force are Quake 3 expansion packs because they use the same engine... same deal here...

OB1
Waitaminute... you mean to tell me that Road to Rome is a professionaly-developed game and Desert Combat isn't??!!! GADZOOKS!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm very well aware of that fact, and I even pointed it out. But it does not matter if it's a professionally developed game or not. If it's released by the same company as an official expansion then that's what it is. Anyone who thinks that Desert Combat is not Battlefield needs to get their head examined (like you, ABF). It is most certainly not the same deal as Wolfenstein and Quake 3. The only thing those games share is the Quake 3 engine, and nothing else. If you can't tell the difference between an expansion and a completely different game that uses the same engine then you've got a serious problem there.

A Black Falcon
The only thing CounterStrike and Half-Life share is an engine. You call that an expansion pack too. Same for almost all Half-Life mods.

Oh, and if Desert Combat uses Battlefield's game system, Battlefield type gameplay, Battlefield weapons and sides, etc then it IS a Battlefield fanmade addon... like warcraft maps. But its not the same as a map made by the actual developer...

OB1
Good Lord, you're more stubborn than ten Darunias combined. It does not matter if it's a fan-made add-on or a professional one. If the fan-made expansion is picked up by the publisher and released as an official expansion then that is what it is!

It's a fairly simple concept, really. Just repeat it to yourself a few times and then maybe it will click.

A Black Falcon
No! Those are retail mods! Counter-Strike ISN'T a Half-Life addon... not really...

Its an officially released mod. Thats all...

OB1
Holy flying cow feces, what is the matter with you??! I just explained how professional add-ons and amateur ones are all the same if they're officially released by the same company. Have you ever even played Desert Combat before??

Great Rumbler
*sigh* There they go again...

I'd just like to point out that I think OB1 has a point. *runs away*

OB1
Thank you!

A Black Falcon
Given how Desert Combat is a mod for a game I don't own, no... same with any Half-Life mods. But I just don't see how you call them identical to real, professional addons... I at least equate addon with "part of the same game". Now Desert Combat, as I said, may be that.. but Counterstrike and most any other Half-Life mod aren't. And as I also said, you can make a map with the same setting and characters but I don't call it the same as offical unless it is. I could make a Starcraft story map with Raynor and Kerrigan but its not part of the actual game since Blizz didn't make it...

OB1
*sigh*

This is the last time I'm going to repeat this!

IF IT IS PUBLISHED BY THE SAME PUBLISHER AS THE "OFFICIAL" EXPANSIONS THEN THAT MAKES IT AN OFFICIAL EXPANSION!!

A Black Falcon
It makes it an official product, sure, but its not an expansion for the game... not really.

I don't understand how you can say Counterstrike and Opposing Force are in the same category of 'game expansions'...

Sacred Jellybean

A Black Falcon
At this forum maybe... not that many PC gamers here.

Oh, and where are the image macros from? Nintendorks?

Sacred Jellybean
I found a bunch of 'em on a Boomspeed site and saved them.

And it isn't that this forum isn't filled with PC fans, it's that it's a silly argument to begin with.

A Black Falcon
I asked because they have a whole bunch of them on their forum.

Oh, and its not silly... mods are a huge part of modern FPSes and it would just be silly to call them all expansion packs...

OB1
Counterstrike isn't the same kind of expansion as something like Opposing Force is, but it was released as an official HL expansion so you are wrong. There's no point in fighting this. I really don't understand why you won't give up.

Good Lord.