View Thread : This is insane....

Dark Jaguar
http://www.nbc-2.com/News/stories/061803-lemonade_stand.shtml

Police closed a little kid's lemonade stand?! That's just insane! They are ruining childhood!

alien space marine
Somtimes the law can do more harm then good, did you know if you create a soup kitchen to help the needy out of your own money you need a liscence and if you dont fit their health standards and they will shut you down leaving the homeless to eat out of Garbage cans which is more then likely unhealthier then a guy who doesnt follow the same strict standards as restaurants.

All I can say is this should be added to dumb laws.com

Great Rumbler
The link doesn't work.

Dark Jaguar
That's odd... It was working before.... Oh well, news links die often enough...

A Black Falcon
Maybe it wasn't true? :)

alien space marine
it is i heard about it on CNN a few weeks ago.

A Black Falcon
More details somewhere then? That sounds very odd...

Darunia
Uh. I blame it on capitalism. I've been riding capitalism's ass a lot lately; I blame it for everything.

Dark Lord Neo
Wouldn't closing a little kids leomonaid stand be anti-capitalist though

A Black Falcon
Blame it on it anyway. :)

Darunia
LOL, ABF. I hate capitalism, not that I like communism...but I kinda realize now that there is no decent form of government. I think we should all either revert to autocracies, or just abolish all government and live in chaos.

OB1
Then I will be able to rule the world!

A Black Falcon
Sure, there is no perfect form of government. Not even close. Capitalism is the best we got, unfortunately... and capitalism as we all can see isn't that great. Its just better that the alternatives... which means it should stay, IMO. Its not like any other known form would work better!

geoboy
NAPLES -- Six-year-old Avigayil Wardein's lemonade stand is up and running again following a wave of national publicity about police shutting her down because she lacked a city permit.

An officer put an end to the little girl's business of selling her mother's homemade lemonade and cookies at the end of her driveway June 13 after an anonymous neighbor complained.

When the story got out, Avigayil's plight became fodder for CNN, MSNBC and Fox news networks, as well as the "Today" show and "Inside Edition."

Rush Limbaugh was talking about it and more than 60 radio stations from across the country have called Avigayil's mom, KC Shaw. On Friday, she talked with producers from the "Late Show" with David Letterman and "The Tonight Show," hosted by Jay Leno.

Embarrassed city officials ended up waiving the $35 permit fee, allowing Avigayil to reopen.

It turns out that not many folks knew a city permit is required to operate a lemonade stand. Even Naples Mayor Bonnie MacKenzie bought lemonade from Avigayil before the stand was shut down.

"I've been a customer of hers more than once," MacKenzie said. "That means I've aided and abetted. You know what, I'm not one bit sorry. It's good lemonade."

Shaw said Friday that she has had phone calls from people offering to pay for the permit and wanting to donate money to Avigayil. She's had so many offers that she set up an account called the Lemonade Girl College Fund at a local bank.

Look at the bright side. Everything turned out much better in the end.

Dark Jaguar
Darunia, that's a childish viewpoint. You don't see the flaw, but here it is. Your very viewpoint's ultimate end is to realize we already live in chaos. You see, imagine this world without laws. No laws eh? That means there's nothing wrong with people suddenly forming their own government, and they WILL. If you have a law against that, you need someone to enforce it, thus you have succesfully created a government. You see, a chaotic rule will ALWAYS end in some form of government. It's inevitable due to human nature.

EdenMaster
Originally posted by Darunia
LOL, ABF. I hate capitalism, not that I like communism...but I kinda realize now that there is no decent form of government. I think we should all either revert to autocracies, or just abolish all government and live in chaos.

Okay, it may be tough for some to kep track, Darunia, so let me summarize what we know about you:

1. You're racist.
2. You're an anarchist.
3. You're an aethiest.
4. You are 1 inch tall and weigh one metric ton.

Your parents must be so proud :haha:

A Black Falcon
Why a metric ton? Aren't they lighter than normal tons?

Dark Lord Neo
Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Why a metric ton? Aren't they lighter than normal tons?
He thinks he's french though, so he'd be in metric

I favor an economic system with a mix of both private and government ownership. I think their are some things that just shouldn't be left in the hands of private corporations

alien space marine
Hail King jesus!

The guy who is gonna get rid of capitalism and truly offer a free society with no money since everyone will just give everyone else everything for free.(no taxes either)

Or we can leave a chimpanzee in charge since that would still be 10X better then what we got now.